|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is inside the carretta?
(a) A family
(b) A young couple
2. The Kid, Toadvine and who else go to a cantina?
(d) Duck boy
3. Why won't the men shoot the horse?
(a) It will rot
(b) It is their favorite
(c) It is bad luck
(d) It can still hobble
4. Whose voice does the Kid hear?
(b) The Sergeant's
(c) Captain White
(d) His father's
5. What is the name of the main character?
(a) The Billy Goat
(b) Jack the Lad
(d) The Kid
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has the Mexican war been over?
2. Which part of Sproule's body is badly injured?
3. How many men named Jackson are there?
4. What would people give the prisoners?
5. What do the Kid and Sproule see dead on the track?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Tobin admire the Judge?
2. In Chapter 21 how do the Kid and Tobin recover?
3. Describe the Kentuckian soldier.
4. Describe the gang's time in Carralitos.
5. Describe the landscape in this chapter.
6. Describe the Kid's time with the Hermit.
7. Describe the Kid's time in town with the other recruits.
8. Describe the confrontation between the Kid and the Judge in Chapter 22.
9. What bad luck does the Kid have at the end of the chapter?
10. What horrors do Sproule and the Kid see on their walk?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)