|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In how many states is the priest wanted?
2. Why does the Kid wake up in the middle of the night?
(a) The Hermit is standing over him
(b) He is thirsty
(c) He had a bad dream
(d) He heard a raccoon
3. Why can Glanton go no further than Presido?
(a) He has no money.
(b) He has to go home to his family
(c) He is injured.
(d) He is wanted.
4. For whom is the Kentucky soldier looking?
(a) His family
(b) His son
(c) A woman
(d) His brother
5. For what does the gang receive money?
Short Answer Questions
1. What state is the gang heading toward?
2. Why does the Kid have to slip away on foot?
3. What does the company come across in the middle of nowhere?
4. What is Toadvine missing?
5. Where is the next place the Kid arrives?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the sergeant want from the Kid?
2. What do the Kid and Sproule find in the carreta?
3. Describe the Kid's early life.
4. What does the Judge do with the dead Indian?
5. Describe the Kid's time with the Hermit.
6. What is the business of the Glanton gang?
7. Why does the Captain want to fight the Mexicans?
8. How does Toadvine persuade Glanton to let him, the Kid and the Kentuckian soldier to join?
9. Describe the Kentuckian soldier.
10. Describe the landscape in this chapter.
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)