|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the men go to meet the local women?
(a) A restaurant
(b) A dancehall
(c) A bordello
(d) A tavern
2. What does the company come across in the middle of nowhere?
(a) A church
(b) A priest
(c) A hut
(d) A farm
3. What does the gang ride through to get into the mountains?
(a) A village
(b) A pine forest
(c) An Indian camp
(d) A desert
4. The man knows they are looking for __________.
(b) Captain White
(d) General Lock
5. To whom does the Judge introduce the soldier?
(a) The Kentuckian soldier
(b) Black Johnson
(c) The Kid
(d) White Johnson
Short Answer Questions
1. The soldiers accuse the Kid of being part of ___________.
2. What country does the company make out towards in the morning?
3. What is the name of the ex-priest?
4. What did the hermit used to be?
5. What rank is the soldier?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Kid's time in town with the other recruits.
2. Describe the Kid's time with the Hermit.
3. Why does the Kid join the army?
4. What problems does the company face from the very beginning?
5. What bad luck does the Kid have at the end of the chapter?
6. Describe the Kentuckian soldier.
7. How does the Kid get to Nacogdoches?
8. Why does the Judge walk around the ruins of the village?
9. How did the Judge help the gang massacre the Indians?
10. Describe the fight between the Indians and the gang.
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)