|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Judge take away with him on his horse?
(a) A child
(b) The Kid
2. What possession of the Kid's does the Sergeant sell?
(a) His whiskey
(b) His knife
(c) His shoes
(d) The mule
3. What do the soldiers have in a jar?
(a) A mules head
(b) Captain White's head
(d) Captain White's hand
4. Who pays for the guns?
(a) The kid
(b) The Judge
5. What do the recruits do with the money they get in sales?
(a) Buy drinks
(b) Rent out a room
(c) Go to a bordello
(d) Buy arms
6. What does the company find in the hut?
(b) Dead people
(d) Hot coals
7. How many hours ahead are the Indians?
8. How does the Kid's mother die?
(a) During childbirth
(c) A car accident
(d) She is murdered
9. Why is it important to continue the fight against the Mexicans?
(a) To keep the economy going
(b) To keep alive
(c) To wipe out the Mexican race
(d) To avenge the loss of American life
10. What do the bones mean to the company?
(a) There is no food
(b) There are Indians
(c) There is no God
(d) The land is cursed
11. The man knows they are looking for __________.
(b) General Lock
(c) Captain White
12. What would people give the prisoners?
(a) Tobacco and coins
(d) Food and coffee
13. Who do the characters wager will kill each other?
(a) The Jacksons
(b) The Judge and Glanton
(c) Black Jackson and the Judge
(d) White Jackson and Glanton
14. To whom does the Judge introduce the soldier?
(a) The Kentuckian soldier
(b) White Johnson
(c) The Kid
(d) Black Johnson
15. How many wagons are burning in the desert floor?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who appears on the lake bed?
2. How many days later do the three men ride out with the Glanton gang?
3. Where does the Kid spend the night?
4. How long has the Mexican war been over?
5. Where do Judge Holden and his men ride?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)