|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the bones mean to the company?
(a) There is no food
(b) The land is cursed
(c) There is no God
(d) There are Indians
2. From what state is the soldier that befriends the Kid and Toadvine?
(a) South Carolina
(b) Noth Caroline
3. How old is the Kid when he runs away?
4. What part of Sproule's body does the bat injure?
(a) His eyes
(b) His stomach
(c) His mouth
(d) His neck
5. Who appears on the lake bed?
(a) A company of soldiers
(b) A hermit
(d) A group of archers
6. How many men come down with cholera?
7. What does Captain White think is still not over?
(b) The Vietnam War
(c) The Mexican War
(d) The Civil War
8. How does the Kid's mother die?
(b) She is murdered
(c) During childbirth
(d) A car accident
9. What do Sproule and the Kid find at the rim rock?
(a) Water and a camp
(d) Captain White
10. What time of day does the company start traveling?
11. What do the gang have a contract to do?
(a) Build a new palace
(b) Kill Billy the Kid
(c) Torture the prisoners
(d) Collect Indian scalps
12. Whose home does the kid happen upon?
(a) A doctor's
(b) A wizard's
(c) An indian's
(d) A hermit's
13. Why does the Kid have to slip away on foot?
(a) He cannot ride
(b) He cannot be seen
(c) The horses are dead
(d) It is easier to hide
14. Whose voice does the Kid hear?
(b) His father's
(c) Captain White
(d) The Sergeant's
15. Where is the Kid born?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the gang invited to dinner?
2. What does the Kid's father use to bury his grief?
3. Who does the Kid meet sitting around a campfire?
4. What is the judge's surname?
5. Where does the company store the antelope meat?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)