• The kid is born in Tennessee, but his mother dies during his birth.
• The Kid's father is bitter towards him and the Kid decides to runaway at 14.
• The Kid works his way to Texas before taking a boat to Nacogdoches.
• During a rain storm the Kid slips into a revival tent and meets a character called the Judge.
• The Judge tells the Kid that the Priest giving the sermon is a criminal. Before the Kid leaves, the Judge admits he made it up.
• The Kid travels on the back roads on his mule.
• Before long the Kid meets a hermit. The hermit invites him into his house and the Kid leaves the next day.
• The Kid meets some cattlemen who kindly give him some provisions.
• The Kid goes to a tavern in a town called Bexar and tries to persuade the owner to give him a...
This section contains 1,787 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)