|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elias think most Europeans believe about Palestine?
(a) That Palestine needed more people.
(b) That the Jews move into an uninhabited land.
(c) That Palestine was a unreclaimable desert.
(d) That Palestine truly belongs to the Jews as God's chosen people.
2. Of what are those who are killed accused?
(a) Being of the wrong ethnic group.
(b) Being of the wrong religion.
(d) Being part of the PLO.
3. What is Ibillin?
(a) A town where much fighting is occurring.
(b) The village closest to Biram.
(c) The village where Elias's family now lives.
(d) The village to which Elais is assigned.
4. What does the happenings at Sabra and Shatila tell Elias?
(a) His work is not finished in Israel.
(b) God no longer cares about the world he made.
(c) He no longer believes in God and is ready to leave the priest hood.
(d) It is hopeless in the Middle East and he should not return.
5. Who is killed at Sabra and Shatila?
(a) Elias' sister.
(b) Elias' mother.
(c) Elias' best friend.
(d) Hundreds of refugees.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Elias go to talk with the Roman Catholic sisters in Nazareth?
2. What does the Bishop tell Elias?
3. What is the Jewish state like in 1967?
4. Of what does a fig tree remind Elias?
5. Why is the lay person in charge of the church in Ibillin angry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the political and economic situation like in Israel in 1967?
2. What did Elias see as the view the Western world had of the Jews and a homeland?
3. What was Bishop Raya's background and what was he determined to do?
4. What was the reality about the Palestinians that Elias had to face in the last 1960's?
5. What did Elias continue to do after Palm Sunday and what did the sisters do?
6. What was Elias doing when he knew what work remained for him and what was that work?
7. What was Biram like when Elias returned there from his time in Paris?
8. What does Elias Chacour hope about his book?
9. What happened in another village because of Elias's intercession? What did Elias do when he was given a gift?
10. What had happened in Palestine by the time Elias returned there after his studies in Paris?
This section contains 928 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)