|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ibillin?
(a) The village to which Elais is assigned.
(b) A town where much fighting is occurring.
(c) The village where Elias's family now lives.
(d) The village closest to Biram.
2. With what is Elias temporarily elated?
(a) The new rights awarded native Palestinians.
(b) The success of the villagers at Ibillin.
(c) The new awareness of the world to the Palestinian problem.
(d) the march to the Knesset.
3. What does the conflict between Israel and Egypt at this time become known as?
(a) The 30 days' war.
(b) The war of the prophets.
(c) The 100 days' war.
(d) The six days' war.
4. What does the Israeli government do in response to Elias' growing fame?
(a) Try to limit access to villages that Elias has helped.
(b) Decide to force Elias to leave the Middle East.
(c) Confine Elias to Ibillin.
(d) Arrest Elias.
5. What does Egypt do in retaliation for the Israeli refusal to do as the United Nations asks?
(a) Blocks Israel's one port.
(b) Attacks Jerusalem.
(c) Attacks the outlying Jewish settlements.
(d) Tries to assassinate the Prime Minister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Jewish state like in 1967?
2. What does Elias talk the sisters into doing?
3. Into what does the Fedayeen unite?
4. What is the state of the physical church building?
5. How does Elias' increased fame help his people?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Elias see as the view the Western world had of the Jews and a homeland?
2. How did Elias feel after researching the history of Palestine and Jews and why did he feel that way?
3. What kind of church was Elias's first assignment and what did he vow?
4. What was Elias doing when he knew what work remained for him and what was that work?
5. What assignment did Elias receive following his ordination and what was his first encounter like there?
6. What was Bishop Raya's background and what was he determined to do?
7. How was Palestine ruled until the end of World War I and then what happened?
8. What was Biram like when Elias returned there from his time in Paris?
9. What was one of Elias's most acclaimed accomplishments mentioned in the chapter "Work, For the Night is Coming?"
10. What happened about the massacre in question number 50?
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)