|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Israel do in retaliation?
(a) Executes any Egyptian citizens found in Jerusalem.
(b) Appeals to the United Nations.
(c) Sends thousand of Palestinian refugees into Egypt.
(d) Bombs Egypt and other Arab nations's ports.
2. Who acts as a little dictator?
(a) The Greek Orthodox priest.
(b) The Responsible.
(c) The one village elder still living.
(d) The Wife of the Responsible.
3. What does Elias set up in anticipation of his absence?
(a) A structure of authority for the women of the village.
(b) A new project to keep the villagers busy.
(c) A church council.
(d) Three new Responsible positions.
4. What is the Zionists' reply to the argument that wherever they establish a State of Israel, there would already be people living there?
(a) They would force resettlement of those peoples.
(b) They would negotiate peaceful co-existance.
(c) They said God would take care of the problem.
(d) They would give the people more-than-fair prices for their land and help them relocate.
5. What is the state of the physical church building?
(a) There never was a church building there.
(b) In ruins.
(c) It is kept up quite well.
(d) It is fine but quite filthy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elias think God desires?
2. How do the Christians in Ibillin feel?
3. What does Elias do when he leaves Germany?
4. How does Elias say the Jews justify taking Palestinian land?
5. Why is the Israeli-Palestinian conflict so horrible in Elias' eyes?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does he consider the conflict in Israel so horrific?
2. What was Elias doing when he knew what work remained for him and what was that work?
3. How was Palestine ruled until the end of World War I and then what happened?
4. What did Elias finally do in the church at Ibillin and what was the result?
5. What does Elias Chacour hope about his book?
6. What does Elias ask of the Jew, Westerners, and Arabs?
7. What kind of church was Elias's first assignment and what did he vow?
8. What assignment did Elias receive following his ordination and what was his first encounter like there?
9. What type of personal epiphany did Elias have at Ibillin and what did he decide?
10. What was the political and economic situation like in Israel in 1967?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)