|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do further land reforms harm the Palestinians?
(a) They forbid Palestinians to hold title to any land.
(b) They forbid any more than three families to live adjacent to each other.
(c) The reforms take away more and more arable land.
(d) They forbid Palestianians to own more than 1/4 an acre for any reason.
2. What does Elias think God desires?
(b) A new way of thinking.
(d) A turning to God.
3. Of what are those who are killed accused?
(a) Being of the wrong religion.
(b) Being of the wrong ethnic group.
(d) Being part of the PLO.
4. What event greatly increases support for the Zionist movement in Europe after WWII?
(a) The holocaust.
(b) Nothing; they were already strongly supportive.
(c) The legal actions of the British parliament.
(d) The bombing of a Jewish settlement by Palestinians.
5. What does Elias learn when he is giving a speech in Germany?
(a) Hundreds of refugees in two Lebanese camps are massacred.
(b) His father is killed supposedly as a PLO member.
(c) His sister has died.
(d) Two of his brothers are killed supposedly as PLO members.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the happenings at Sabra and Shatila tell Elias?
2. Why is the Israeli-Palestinian conflict so horrible in Elias' eyes?
3. What does the Israeli government do in response to Elias' growing fame?
4. What is Palestine when Elias returns home?
5. What seems to be the goal of both sides of the Palestinian conflict?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Elias Chacour hope about his book?
2. What was Bishop Raya's background and what was he determined to do?
3. What did Elias finally do in the church at Ibillin and what was the result?
4. What was Chacour ready to do in the One Link chapter and why didn't he?
5. What happened in another village because of Elias's intercession? What did Elias do when he was given a gift?
6. What was the political and economic situation like in Israel in 1967?
7. What did Elias continue to do after Palm Sunday and what did the sisters do?
8. What had happened in Palestine by the time Elias returned there after his studies in Paris?
9. Why did the Bishop have an appointment with Elias and what was Elias's feelings about it?
10. What was Biram like when Elias returned there from his time in Paris?
This section contains 948 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)