|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elias call upon the Palestinians to do?
(a) Stop the violence and martyrdom.
(b) Give the Jewish people a chance to redeem themselves.
(c) Stop hating the Jews.
(d) Refuse to move off their lands any more.
2. To what are the Palestinian youth turning?
(a) Education so they can hold their own against the Jews.
(d) Drugs, alcohol, and crime.
3. What is Biram like?
(a) A few families are still living there.
(c) There is no evidence that there has ever been a village there.
4. What other group does Elias address?
(a) Nations who engage in arms build-ups and proliferation.
(b) The United Nations.
(c) The Arab nations around Israel.
(d) The common people of the world.
5. For what does Elias receive numerous offers?
(a) Citizenship in other countries.
(b) University teaching positions.
(c) Numerous jobs in every sector.
(d) Legal assistance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who begins the process of unity?
2. What does the Responsible do when his support begins to erode?
3. Who rules Palestine until the end of WWI?
4. What does Elias learn when he is giving a speech in Germany?
5. Why does Elias go to talk with the Roman Catholic sisters in Nazareth?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Elias see as the view the Western world had of the Jews and a homeland?
2. What was Biram like when Elias returned there from his time in Paris?
3. What was the reality about the Palestinians that Elias had to face in the last 1960's?
4. What occurred during some of Elias's successes that set back the peace movement?
5. What was Chacour ready to do in the One Link chapter and why didn't he?
6. What assignment did Elias receive following his ordination and what was his first encounter like there?
7. What was the political and economic situation like in Israel in 1967?
8. What did Elias continue to do after Palm Sunday and what did the sisters do?
9. What kind of church was Elias's first assignment and what did he vow?
10. Why does he consider the conflict in Israel so horrific?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)