|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elias expect of the Jews?
(a) That they accept a broader definition of who is God's children.
(b) That they would see how they had become as those who persecuted them were.
(c) That they would be fair.
(d) That they would have more compassion.
2. With what is Elias temporarily elated?
(a) the march to the Knesset.
(b) The success of the villagers at Ibillin.
(c) The new awareness of the world to the Palestinian problem.
(d) The new rights awarded native Palestinians.
3. Who is kept from Sabra and Shatila?
(a) The press and UN peacekeepers.
(b) The families of the people in Sabra and Shatila.
(c) Just UN peacekeepers; the press is allowed.
(d) Just the press; UN peacekeepers are allowed.
4. How does Elias say the Jews justify taking Palestinian land?
(a) Because they must live somewhere.
(b) On the basis of the wrongs they have suffered in the past.
(c) Because God gave them the land thousands of years ago.
(d) Because they think the Palestinians do not deserve so much land.
5. Who takes over the rule of Palestine after WWI?
(a) The Russians.
(b) The British.
(c) The United States of America.
(d) The French.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Elias' increased fame help his people?
2. What does Elias think most Europeans believe about Palestine?
3. With what do the Palestinians still struggle?
4. Which one of Jesus' sayings comes to Elias' mind at the end of this chapter?
5. What act by the Fedayeen worsens the situation terribly for Palestinians?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Elias finally do in the church at Ibillin and what was the result?
2. What had happened in Palestine by the time Elias returned there after his studies in Paris?
3. What was the political and economic situation like in Israel in 1967?
4. What does Elias first decide to do about the church in Ibillin? How does his efforts work?
5. What was Elias doing when he knew what work remained for him and what was that work?
6. What does Elias Chacour hope about his book?
7. What assignment did Elias receive following his ordination and what was his first encounter like there?
8. What was Chacour ready to do in the One Link chapter and why didn't he?
9. What does Elias ask of the Jew, Westerners, and Arabs?
10. What was Bishop Raya's background and what was he determined to do?
This section contains 942 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)