|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who verbally attacks Elias?
(a) The Jewish settlers on a kibbitz near Ibillin.
(b) His brothers who have become part of a liberation militia.
(c) The man who is the "Responsible."
(d) The Zionist soldiers still in Ibillin.
2. What does Elias ask of his congregation?
(a) Money for improvments for the village well and windmill.
(b) To forgive the Jews.
(c) To start rebuilding the homes that were destroyed.
(d) To act like Christians and forgive each other.
3. What seems to be the goal of both sides of the Palestinian conflict?
(a) Obliteration of one another.
4. What does Elias realize is making matters worse in Ibillin?
(a) The misunderstanding between the Christians and the Muslims.
(b) The required billeting of Jewish military forces in the village.
(c) His own anger and lack of forgiveness to the Zionists.
(d) The Jewish settlement starting within a few kilometers of the village.
5. What starts appearing at the door to Elias' residence?
(a) Daily food gifts.
(c) Young children to ask him about Jesus.
(d) Materials to make his place more comfortable.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Palestine when Elias returns home?
2. Who rules Palestine until the end of WWI?
3. How are the native Palestinians treated?
4. Into what does the Fedayeen unite?
5. What act by the Fedayeen worsens the situation terribly for Palestinians?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Bishop Raya's background and what was he determined to do?
2. Why did the Bishop have an appointment with Elias and what was Elias's feelings about it?
3. What does Chacour call upon the nations who war and why does he see it as an insult to God?
4. What was Elias doing when he knew what work remained for him and what was that work?
5. What did Elias decide to do following his initial efforts in the church at Ibillin?
6. What was the political and economic situation like in Israel in 1967?
7. What did more moderate Jews call for about the establishment of Israel and the Palestinian problem?
8. What happened about the massacre in question number 50?
9. What does Elias first decide to do about the church in Ibillin? How does his efforts work?
10. What did Elias continue to do after Palm Sunday and what did the sisters do?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)