|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the Christians in Ibillin feel?
2. What is Bishop Joseph Raya determined to do?
(a) Get the Fedayeen to change tactics.
(b) Bring justice for the Palestinians.
(c) Teach peace instead of violence.
(d) Get the word of god out to all peoples.
3. What does Elias ask of Westerners?
(a) Stop thinking that Arabs are the only terrorists in the situation.
(b) Search for a means that both sides can win.
(c) Ask hard questions of Israel.
(d) Stay out of the conflict.
4. What does the Israeli government do in response to Elias' growing fame?
(a) Arrest Elias.
(b) Try to limit access to villages that Elias has helped.
(c) Confine Elias to Ibillin.
(d) Decide to force Elias to leave the Middle East.
5. What does Elias do on Palm Sunday?
(a) Asks that those who do not want to be there leave.
(b) Asks the congregation to accept the Jewish settlement.
(c) Closes and chains the door to the church with everyone inside.
(d) Confesses his sins to the congregation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is disturbing to Elias about the Western Europeans' perspectives on the Palestinian issue?
2. What leads to violence between the Zionist and native Palestinians during the 1930s?
3. What does Elias hope will be the action of those reading his book?
4. How long does Elias vow he will stay in Ibillin?
5. What does Elias set up in anticipation of his absence?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Palestine ruled until the end of World War I and then what happened?
2. What happened in another village because of Elias's intercession? What did Elias do when he was given a gift?
3. What did Elias see as the view the Western world had of the Jews and a homeland?
4. What was Biram like when Elias returned there from his time in Paris?
5. What does Elias first decide to do about the church in Ibillin? How does his efforts work?
6. What kind of church was Elias's first assignment and what did he vow?
7. What did Elias continue to do after Palm Sunday and what did the sisters do?
8. What was the political and economic situation like in Israel in 1967?
9. What does Chacour call upon the nations who war and why does he see it as an insult to God?
10. What massacre was Elias told about that made Elias decide not to leave Israel?
This section contains 959 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)