|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Biram?
2. Why do the Arab villages through which the men of Biram travel offer no help?
(a) They think they are thieves.
(b) They have nothing to offer the men.
(c) They think the Zionist deserve the land.
(d) They are afraid for their own safety.
3. Where do Elias and his friend Faraj decide to go?
(a) To the United States.
(b) To England.
(c) To Biram.
(d) To Jerusalem.
4. What was increasingly happening to non-Jewish Palestinians?
(a) They were living peacefully alongside the Zionist.
(b) They were cooperating with the Zionist out of fear.
(c) They were becoming refugees in their own land.
(d) They were being herded into concentration camps.
5. For what is the purchase?
(a) An important visitor.
(b) For use in the new orchad his dad just buys.
(c) The birth of his new sister.
(d) For traveling to Jerusalem.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Elias go after his initial education?
2. Why are Michael and his brothers outraged?
3. What is the biggest reason Michael Chacour is willing to work for someone else in his own orchards?
4. How do the Zionist soldiers act?
5. What do the seminarians believe the Zionist's mission should be?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Elias' father explain about the Jews coming to the town?
2. How did Elias's teachers view him at the seminary and why?
3. Where and when did Elias Chacour grow up and what did his family do for a living?
4. How did Elias and his friend find the studies in Paris?
5. Who did Elias become friends with at the orphanage and what happened when the two of them finished their studies there?
6. What did Elias see in Jesus and how did he feel about Jesus? How did Elias see his interaction with Jesus?
7. With what was Elias suspected of doing by Zionist soldiers and what was the final outcome of that accusation?
8. How did the other seminarians in Paris where Elias went to farther his education view the Palestinian situation and Palestinians in general?
9. What were the three important principles Elias learned from his father as stated in the section, Treasures of the Heart?
10. What would a current student of the Middle East find strange about Palestine in the late 1940's?
This section contains 973 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)