|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Irgun ultimately carry out?
(a) A peaceful solution.
(b) A mandate to resolve the Palestinian issue in a fair way.
(d) A short war to show their power.
2. What does Michael realize about Elias?
(a) That he needs more activity than other children his age.
(b) That he is more spiritually oriented than the other children.
(c) That he is in danger of becoming an activist.
(d) That he needs a purpose.
3. What is happening in the new Jewish government?
(a) Stricter laws being passed against the native Palestinians.
(b) Fighting among factions.
(c) They are setting up relocation facilities.
(d) They are consolidating their hold on the land.
4. What does the second Supreme Court rule?
(a) That the village of Biram is to be divided between the Jews and the original inhabitants.
(b) They still do not make a ruling.
(c) That the village of Biram no longer belongs to the original inhabitants.
(d) That the village of Biram is to be returned to the original inhabitants.
5. What is frustrating to Elias?
(a) That his village is still not rebuilt.
(b) That the Jewish Supreme Court still refuses to hear Michael's petition.
(c) That he is not home where he should be helping his father.
(d) An intellectual approach to Biblical study.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the Arab villages through which the men of Biram travel offer no help?
2. What story does Elias's father explain to his children?
3. What does Elias wonder as he empathizes with the Jews and their treatment by the Third Reich?
4. What do the Christians in Biram believe about the Jews?
5. What does Elias decide he has to do about his people's struggles?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of journal did Elias begin when he was at school? How long did this journal last?
2. What did a second Supreme Court rule about the town of Biram and what happened after that ruling?
3. What happens in Palestine when the United Nations steps into the conflict?
4. Who did Elias become friends with at the orphanage and what happened when the two of them finished their studies there?
5. Where and when did Elias Chacour grow up and what did his family do for a living?
6. What did Elias' father explain about the Jews coming to the town?
7. What did the Zionist soldiers tell the people in Elias's hometown and how did they respond?
8. What were the three important principles Elias learned from his father as stated in the section, Treasures of the Heart?
9. How did Elias and his friend find the studies in Paris?
10. Who declared Israel an independent state in May 1948 and then what did he do? How did the world respond?
This section contains 1,074 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)