|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who acts as a little dictator?
(a) The Responsible.
(b) The Wife of the Responsible.
(c) The Greek Orthodox priest.
(d) The one village elder still living.
2. What does Elias expect of the Jews?
(a) That they would be fair.
(b) That they accept a broader definition of who is God's children.
(c) That they would see how they had become as those who persecuted them were.
(d) That they would have more compassion.
3. Who mourned together?
(a) No one as there is too much rancor.
(b) Jews and Palestinians.
(c) Muslims and Christians.
(d) Christians and Muslims.
4. Into what does the Fedayeen unite?
(a) The Palestinian Liberation Organization (PLO.)
(b) They have too many factions to unite.
(c) The country of Palestine.
(d) The United Palestine Liberation Militia (UPLM.)
5. Why does Elias go to talk with the Roman Catholic sisters in Nazareth?
(a) To ask for advice.
(b) To ask them to talk to the Bishop who sent him to Ibillin.
(c) To enlist help.
(d) To learn something about social services.
6. What does Elias show at the opening of each community center?
(a) A film documentary about the Holocaust.
(b) The film called The Diary of Anne Frank.
(c) The film called The Hiding Place.
(d) The film called Schlinder's List.
7. How long does Elias vow he will stay in Ibillin?
(a) Six months.
(b) One month.
(c) Three months.
(d) One year.
8. What does Elias establish in Ibillin?
(a) A youth camp for all faiths.
(b) A museum about the holocaust.
(c) A political action center for the promotion of peace.
(d) A safe zone for displaced children.
9. What does the world demand?
(a) An investigation into Sabra and Shatila.
(b) That the PLO be punished.
(c) A stronger peacekeeping force.
(d) That the soldiers be punished.
10. Why is the lay person in charge of the church in Ibillin angry?
(a) That the former priest leaves and takes all the valuables belonging to the church with him.
(b) That they send such a young priest.
(c) That Elias is not in favor of a violent solution to regaining their lands.
(d) That they have not sent a new priest to Ibillin until now.
11. What is the state of the physical church building?
(a) It is kept up quite well.
(b) There never was a church building there.
(c) In ruins.
(d) It is fine but quite filthy.
12. How do the Christians in Ibillin feel?
13. What other group does Elias address?
(a) The Arab nations around Israel.
(b) Nations who engage in arms build-ups and proliferation.
(c) The common people of the world.
(d) The United Nations.
14. Who is kept from Sabra and Shatila?
(a) Just the press; UN peacekeepers are allowed.
(b) The press and UN peacekeepers.
(c) Just UN peacekeepers; the press is allowed.
(d) The families of the people in Sabra and Shatila.
15. Who takes over the rule of Palestine after WWI?
(a) The United States of America.
(b) The French.
(c) The Russians.
(d) The British.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of Jesus' sayings comes to Elias' mind at the end of this chapter?
2. What does the Bishop tell Elias?
3. To what are the Palestinian youth turning?
4. About what is the United Nations pressuring Israel?
5. With whom do the European Zionists enter in an alliance?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)