|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What New Testament passage still disturbs Michael?
(a) The parable of the loaves and fishes.
(c) The parable of the rich man and the camel.
(d) The Beatitudes.
2. What church does Elias Chacour's family attend?
(a) Melkite Christian.
(b) Jehovah's Witness.
(c) Seven Day Adventists.
(d) Hebrew Synagogue.
3. What does Elias realize in church on his first day in Nazareth?
(a) He feels at home.
(b) He is not to become a lawyer.
(c) God really is not involved in human's squabbles.
(d) He is not to become a priest.
4. What is the general view of Palestinians by Europeans?
(a) The Palestinians are driven to their actions by the evil actions of the Zionists.
(b) There are bad Palestinians and there are lots of good Palestinians.
(c) Palestinians have been greatly wronged by Zionists.
(d) Palestinians are evil, ignorant, and violent.
5. How do the scholars study the Bible?
(a) With joy and curiousity.
(b) In strictly intellectual and historical terms.
(c) With reverence for God.
6. What do the Zionist soldiers tell the people of Biram?
(a) That the Zionist soldiers would soon leave.
(b) That the Irgun want to buy their land for a fair price.
(c) That the villagers are in no danger.
(d) That the Irgun will soon be arriving.
7. How does Elias feel about what happens?
(a) He wants to come home.
(b) He rejoices in that his prayers have been answered.
(c) He experiences a rage that cannot be reconciled with the teachings of Jesus.
(d) He is devastated at the loss of his parents.
8. Where is Elias on a warm afternoon in 1947?
(a) In Beruit.
(b) In Constantinople.
(c) In Jerusalem.
(d) Sitting high in his favorite tree.
9. Where is Biram?
10. What sort of stories does Elias's mother teach him?
(a) Stories of her childhood in another country.
(b) Stories about the history of the Arabs.
(c) Bible stories.
(d) Stories about Mohammed and Abraham.
11. Where does Elias go after his initial education?
(a) Law school.
(d) To join the Army.
12. How does Elias feel about school?
(a) He believes school and the church are too intertwined.
(b) He is indifferent to school.
(c) He hates it.
(d) He loves it.
13. Where does Elias go?
(a) To Jerusalem to study.
(b) To an orphanage.
(c) To the United States.
(d) To Saudi Arabia to study.
14. Where do Elias and his friend Faraj decide to go?
(a) To Biram.
(b) To England.
(c) To Jerusalem.
(d) To the United States.
15. What does Michael realize about Elias?
(a) That he needs more activity than other children his age.
(b) That he needs a purpose.
(c) That he is more spiritually oriented than the other children.
(d) That he is in danger of becoming an activist.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what is the purchase?
2. What do the Irgun ultimately carry out?
3. What does Michael tell Elias is the purpose of his leaving?
4. What is frustrating to Elias?
5. When the villagers return to Biram, what happens?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)