|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is David Ben Gurion?
(a) The leader of the Zionist.
(b) The leader of the original Jewish inhabitants of Palestine.
(c) An immigrant from the United States
(d) An orthodox Jew who believed in a peaceful solution in Palestine.
2. How did the native Jewish inhabitants feel about the actions of the Zionists?
(a) They expressed no reaction.
(c) Indifferent as long as they were left alone.
3. Who of Elias's family is taken by the Irgun?
(a) Only his one older brother.
(b) Only both his older brothers.
(c) His father and three older brothers.
(d) Only his father.
4. What is happening in the new Jewish government?
(a) They are consolidating their hold on the land.
(b) Stricter laws being passed against the native Palestinians.
(c) They are setting up relocation facilities.
(d) Fighting among factions.
5. Where does Elias go?
(a) To an orphanage.
(b) To Saudi Arabia to study.
(c) To the United States.
(d) To Jerusalem to study.
6. What is frustrating to Elias?
(a) That his village is still not rebuilt.
(b) An intellectual approach to Biblical study.
(c) That the Jewish Supreme Court still refuses to hear Michael's petition.
(d) That he is not home where he should be helping his father.
7. What does Elias see in Jesus?
8. What is Elias immersed in at his new home?
(a) Learning about the religion of the Jews.
(b) Learning all about the history of Palestine.
(c) Biblical study.
(d) The study of law.
9. What does Elias begin to write?
(a) Letters to the leaders of Palestine.
(b) Letters to Jesus.
(c) A book about a boy and how he finds peace.
(d) A fictionalized account of the horrors of Zionism.
10. Why do they end up in Paris?
(a) The French are interested in helping the native Palestinians regain their land.
(b) They are unable to go to their original destination.
(c) They want out of the Middle East and it is the only option at the moment.
(d) They are offered full scholarships to law school there.
11. What does the United Nations do in the conflict?
(a) Divide the land fairly with fertile land to each major group.
(c) Divide the land giving the fertile land to the Zionist.
(d) Give the Zionist eighty percent of all the land.
12. For what is the purchase?
(a) An important visitor.
(b) For use in the new orchad his dad just buys.
(c) For traveling to Jerusalem.
(d) The birth of his new sister.
13. When do the British withdraw from Palestine completely?
14. What do the Zionist soldiers tell the people of Biram?
(a) That the Irgun want to buy their land for a fair price.
(b) That the Zionist soldiers would soon leave.
(c) That the villagers are in no danger.
(d) That the Irgun will soon be arriving.
15. To whom does Michael speak?
(a) The Zionist soldiers.
(b) The Church Bishop.
(c) The leaders of the new Arab Palestinian movement.
Short Answer Questions
1. What soldiers would be coming to the village?
2. How do the scholars study the Bible?
3. What do the Christians who remain in Jerusalem continue to believe?
4. How do the Zionist act after the British leave?
5. What is the biggest reason Michael Chacour is willing to work for someone else in his own orchards?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)