|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Hopeful Word After by: David Hazard.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elias decide to do at the end of the chapter "Singled out?"
(a) To move to the United States.
(b) To fight as a terrorist.
(c) To convert to Judaism.
(d) To find a peaceful way to respond to the situation.
2. How does Elias feel about what happens?
(a) He experiences a rage that cannot be reconciled with the teachings of Jesus.
(b) He wants to come home.
(c) He rejoices in that his prayers have been answered.
(d) He is devastated at the loss of his parents.
3. What does the second Supreme Court rule?
(a) They still do not make a ruling.
(b) That the village of Biram is to be divided between the Jews and the original inhabitants.
(c) That the village of Biram is to be returned to the original inhabitants.
(d) That the village of Biram no longer belongs to the original inhabitants.
4. What do the Christians in Biram believe about the Jews?
(a) They are the crucifiers of Jesus.
(b) They are heretics.
(c) Their lives are bound up with the Jewish people.
(d) They have their own ways and have no connection to the Chrisitans.
5. What sort of stories does Elias's mother teach him?
(a) Stories about the history of the Arabs.
(b) Bible stories.
(c) Stories of her childhood in another country.
(d) Stories about Mohammed and Abraham.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Thomas Herzl?
2. What is the real reason the Arab world hates the United States?
3. Of what are those who are killed accused?
4. What is Bishop Joseph Raya determined to do?
5. What does Elias do with a monetary gift from a grateful village?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)