|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Work, For the Night is Coming.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What action supersedes other problems in the Middle East?
(a) The establishment of a quota of Arab citizens in Israel.
(b) The invasion of the Sinai Peninsula by Israel.
(c) The Russian aggression in Europe.
(d) The establishment of the PLO.
2. When do the British withdraw from Palestine completely?
3. What are the Christians called who remain in Jerusalem?
4. Of what does Elias's father make certain?
(a) That his children were well educated.
(b) That the children understand how to be Arabs as well as Christians.
(c) That the children know their heritage.
(d) That the children understand the reason for the visitors.
5. What of the Bible is a mystery to Elias?
(a) The Beatitudes.
(b) The story of Joseph.
(c) The story of Issac and Essau.
(d) The miracles of healing by Jesus.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the native Palestinians treated?
2. What church does Elias Chacour's family attend?
3. From whom does Elias learn the most?
4. What does the Bishop tell Elias?
5. What does Elias decide to do at the end of the chapter "Singled out?"
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)