|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Tough Miracles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Elias immersed in at his new home?
(a) The study of law.
(b) Biblical study.
(c) Learning all about the history of Palestine.
(d) Learning about the religion of the Jews.
2. What does Elias wonder as he empathizes with the Jews and their treatment by the Third Reich?
(a) Why the good, average Germans allowed it to happen.
(b) How the Jews who went so meekly to their deaths could be the same ethnic group as the Zionists that murder hundreds.
(c) Why, when they had been so persecuted, they would choose to exhibit the same behaviors toward others in Israel.
(d) Why the Jews did not rise up in mass and fight.
3. What causes the villagers anxiety?
(a) That the British will take their improvements when they leave.
(b) That it is soldiers and not civilians coming to the village.
(c) That the British will no longer help their village.
(d) That the earthquake may have relocated part of the artisian system.
4. What church does Elias Chacour's family attend?
(a) Hebrew Synagogue.
(b) Seven Day Adventists.
(c) Melkite Christian.
(d) Jehovah's Witness.
5. What are Elias's efforts in Ibillin not hugely successful?
(a) He receives no support from his Bishop.
(b) The villagers are fearful.
(c) He is too pushy.
(d) He is viewed with suspicion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where had the men been taken?
2. When the villagers return to Biram, what happens?
3. Who begins the process of unity?
4. What does Michael realize about Elias?
5. What action supersedes other problems in the Middle East?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)