|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Tough Miracles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elias expect of the Jews?
(a) That they accept a broader definition of who is God's children.
(b) That they would see how they had become as those who persecuted them were.
(c) That they would have more compassion.
(d) That they would be fair.
2. Who is Elias's hero?
(a) St. Paul.
3. What does Elias realize in church on his first day in Nazareth?
(a) He feels at home.
(b) He is not to become a priest.
(c) God really is not involved in human's squabbles.
(d) He is not to become a lawyer.
4. Why do the Arab villages through which the men of Biram travel offer no help?
(a) They think they are thieves.
(b) They think the Zionist deserve the land.
(c) They have nothing to offer the men.
(d) They are afraid for their own safety.
5. What is Elias beginning to understand?
(a) The pain of having no religion.
(b) The joy of knowledge.
(c) The joy of comradeship.
(d) The pain of Jews.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Christians who remain in Jerusalem continue to believe?
2. How do the other seminarians feel about Palestine?
3. Of what does Elias's father make certain?
4. What do Elias and Faraj find lacking in their rather clinical studies?
5. What does the Israeli Supreme Court rule when the elders of Biram file a petition for permission to return to their homes?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)