|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Outcasts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Christians who remain in Jerusalem continue to believe?
(a) That Jesus is God.
(b) That Jesus is a human with godlike qualities.
(c) That God designated Jerusalem as the city of salvation.
(d) That Jesus is a metaphor for how one should live.
2. What story does Elias's father explain to his children?
(a) About the way the British obtained rule of the area.
(b) About the effects of the last large earthquake in the region.
(c) About Hitler and the Holocaust in Europe.
(d) About the reason the people want the British to continue to rule their country.
3. How much are the Palestinians that are removed from their land compensated?
(a) One goat per acre.
(b) They are compensated fairly but they do not want to move.
(d) One cow per acre.
4. Where do Elias and his friend Faraj decide to go?
(a) To Jerusalem.
(b) To the United States.
(c) To England.
(d) To Biram.
5. What does Elias regret?
(a) Not letting his family know how much he loves them.
(b) Not joining the fight to expel the Zionist from his village.
(c) He tries not to have regrets.
(d) Coming to Europe to experience a church that had become so meaningless.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when the British withdraw from an area?
2. How do the Zionist soldiers act?
3. What does Elias realize that warm afternoon?
4. What is Elias immersed in at his new home?
5. Why do the Arab villages through which the men of Biram travel offer no help?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)