|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Narrowing Way.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the Zionist landowners employ native Palestinians?
(a) They feel guilty for taking the land away from the native Palestinians.
(b) They are unschooled in the proper cultivation of the orchards.
(c) They have to by law.
(d) They do not have enough Jews to keep the land cultivated.
2. How does Elias feel about school?
(a) He believes school and the church are too intertwined.
(b) He hates it.
(c) He loves it.
(d) He is indifferent to school.
3. Where are Zionist soldiers winning against the British?
(a) On the border of Saudia Arabia.
(c) In the city of Jerusalem.
(d) Southern Palestine.
4. How does the family decide to greet the soldiers?
5. Where do Elias and his friend Faraj decide to go?
(a) To England.
(b) To Jerusalem.
(c) To Biram.
(d) To the United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the Arab villages through which the men of Biram travel offer no help?
2. Who is Faraj Nakhleh?
3. What happens when the British withdraw from an area?
4. Where do many of the villagers go?
5. Who is Katoub?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)