|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Narrowing Way.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Faraj Nakhleh?
(a) A fellow student with Elias.
(b) Elias's uncle by marriage.
(c) The man Elias's sister wants to marry.
(d) Michael's brother-in-law.
2. What do the residents of Palestine hope?
(a) That Palestine would evolve into three different countries.
(b) That Palestine would be absorbed by a stronger Arab state for greater stability.
(c) That the British would continue their protectorate.
(d) That an independent state would soon be formed.
3. Where does Elias go?
(a) To Saudi Arabia to study.
(b) To the United States.
(c) To Jerusalem to study.
(d) To an orphanage.
4. What is Elias's schedule like in Nazareth?
(a) Tough but flexible.
(b) Fairly relaxed.
(c) Quite easy.
(d) Strict and rigorous.
5. Why do the Arab villages through which the men of Biram travel offer no help?
(a) They think they are thieves.
(b) They have nothing to offer the men.
(c) They are afraid for their own safety.
(d) They think the Zionist deserve the land.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who of Elias's family is taken by the Irgun?
2. How does the family decide to greet the soldiers?
3. What do the Irgun ultimately carry out?
4. Where is Elias on a warm afternoon in 1947?
5. What does Michael tell Elias is the purpose of his leaving?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)