|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Swept Away.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the United Nations do in the conflict?
(a) Divide the land giving the fertile land to the Zionist.
(c) Divide the land fairly with fertile land to each major group.
(d) Give the Zionist eighty percent of all the land.
2. Who is Elias's hero?
(a) St. Paul.
3. Since when has Palestine been under British rule?
(a) The 1920's.
(b) Since 1902.
(c) The 1930's.
(d) The Late 1800's.
4. What does Elias wonder about happiness?
(a) How a god that is unseen can give you happiness.
(b) How one could feel happy in poverty or grief.
(c) Why his friends who are not religious were happy.
(d) Why happiness is not important.
5. What do the Zionist soldiers tell the people of Biram?
(a) That the Zionist soldiers would soon leave.
(b) That the villagers are in no danger.
(c) That the Irgun want to buy their land for a fair price.
(d) That the Irgun will soon be arriving.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Christians in Biram believe about the Jews?
2. What are the Christians called who remain in Jerusalem?
3. What do the residents of Palestine hope?
4. What causes the villagers anxiety?
5. Who is David Ben Gurion?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)