|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Bread of Orphans.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the children in Biram attend school?
(a) In the neighboring town.
(b) In the church.
(c) In a small city about twenty kilometers away.
(d) In the village square.
2. What does Elias begin to write?
(a) Letters to Jesus.
(b) A book about a boy and how he finds peace.
(c) Letters to the leaders of Palestine.
(d) A fictionalized account of the horrors of Zionism.
3. What does the Israeli Supreme Court rule when the elders of Biram file a petition for permission to return to their homes?
(a) It is granted.
(b) It is denied.
(c) It is put into limbo in the hopes the elders of Biram will give up.
(d) It is shelved until the Jewish state is more stable.
4. What happens when the British withdraw from an area?
(a) The Arabs push all Jewish Palestinians out.
(b) Zionist set up a ruling counsel of Jews, Christians and Muslims.
(c) Zionist push all non-Jewish Palestinians out.
(d) The land is vacant and anyone can make a claim.
5. Who of Elias's family is taken by the Irgun?
(a) Only both his older brothers.
(b) His father and three older brothers.
(c) Only his one older brother.
(d) Only his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the Christians called who remain in Jerusalem?
2. Who is Elias's hero?
3. What does Elias's father purchase?
4. What causes the villagers anxiety?
5. Since when has Palestine been under British rule?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)