|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Grafted In.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the seminarians believe the Zionist's mission should be?
(a) Clear Palestine of potential terrorists.
(b) Make peace with the native Palestinians and give back the land the Zionist stole.
(c) Eschew violence.
(d) Convert to Christianity.
2. Why do the Zionist landowners employ native Palestinians?
(a) They feel guilty for taking the land away from the native Palestinians.
(b) They are unschooled in the proper cultivation of the orchards.
(c) They have to by law.
(d) They do not have enough Jews to keep the land cultivated.
3. What does Elias decide to do at the end of the chapter "Singled out?"
(a) To move to the United States.
(b) To fight as a terrorist.
(c) To convert to Judaism.
(d) To find a peaceful way to respond to the situation.
4. What is Elias immersed in at his new home?
(a) Learning about the religion of the Jews.
(b) The study of law.
(c) Learning all about the history of Palestine.
(d) Biblical study.
5. Why do the Arab villages through which the men of Biram travel offer no help?
(a) They have nothing to offer the men.
(b) They are afraid for their own safety.
(c) They think they are thieves.
(d) They think the Zionist deserve the land.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elias expect of the Jews?
2. What does Elias wonder about happiness?
3. How does Elias feel about what happens?
4. What do the Christians in Biram believe about the Jews?
5. Who is Elias's hero?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)