|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Work, For the Night is Coming.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elias show at the opening of each community center?
(a) A film documentary about the Holocaust.
(b) The film called Schlinder's List.
(c) The film called The Diary of Anne Frank.
(d) The film called The Hiding Place.
2. Why do the Arab villages through which the men of Biram travel offer no help?
(a) They think they are thieves.
(b) They are afraid for their own safety.
(c) They have nothing to offer the men.
(d) They think the Zionist deserve the land.
3. What percentage of non-Jewish communities existed in Palestine at the time of the Balfour Declaration of 1917?
4. Who rules Palestine until the end of WWI?
(a) The Ottoman Empire.
(b) The Russians and French share rule.
(c) A group of independant tribes.
(d) There was no overarching ruler.
5. Where do many of the villagers go?
(d) The United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elias think most Europeans believe about Palestine?
2. With what is Elias temporarily elated?
3. When do the men who were taken by the Irgun return?
4. What does Elias decide to do at the end of the chapter "Singled out?"
5. Who is Katoub?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)