|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Work, For the Night is Coming.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who rules Palestine until the end of WWI?
(a) A group of independant tribes.
(b) The Russians and French share rule.
(c) The Ottoman Empire.
(d) There was no overarching ruler.
2. Who is Thomas Herzl?
(a) The Zionist leader to whom Elias asks about Zionism.
(b) The leader of a faction of European Jews who want all Jews to move to Palestine.
(c) The founder of the Zionist movement.
(d) The leader of them moderate Jews opposed to Zionism.
3. When do the men who were taken by the Irgun return?
(b) A few months later.
(c) A week later.
(d) Several years later.
4. Who is Katoub?
(a) The village pastor.
(b) Elias's wife.
(c) Elias's youngest sister.
(d) Elias's mother.
5. Who takes over the rule of Palestine after WWI?
(a) The British.
(b) The Russians.
(c) The United States of America.
(d) The French.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where had the men been taken?
2. What does Elias establish in Ibillin?
3. What act by the Fedayeen worsens the situation terribly for Palestinians?
4. What is happening in the new Jewish government?
5. What percentage of non-Jewish communities existed in Palestine at the time of the Balfour Declaration of 1917?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)