|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Work, For the Night is Coming.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Elias' increased fame help his people?
(a) He is able to negotiate more recompense for displaced villagers.
(b) Some countries begin to question Israel's policy towards the Palestinians.
(c) Money and volunteers pour in to help the villages.
(d) His increased fame only increases Israel's rancor towards the Palestinians.
2. With what is Elias temporarily elated?
(a) The new awareness of the world to the Palestinian problem.
(b) the march to the Knesset.
(c) The new rights awarded native Palestinians.
(d) The success of the villagers at Ibillin.
3. What does Elias do to better understand the situation in Palestine?
(a) Some research on his own.
(b) Talk with several Zionists in Paris.
(c) He has decided not to worry about the situation anymore as it is interfering with his studies.
(d) Meet with the elders of the native Palestinians.
4. Why are Michael and his brothers outraged?
(a) That they are employed on land that they own.
(b) That the Jewish landowner does not even live on the land.
(c) That the orchards have been cared for so poorly.
(d) That they get paid a pittance.
5. Where had the men been taken?
(a) The Jordanian border.
(b) The Saudi Arabian border.
(c) To prisons in Jerusalem.
(d) To slave in reclaiming desert land.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Thomas Herzl?
2. What does Elias show at the opening of each community center?
3. What does the Israeli government do in response to Elias' growing fame?
4. What happens to a village as a result of Elias' intercession?
5. What does Elias establish in Ibillin?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)