|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Work, For the Night is Coming.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do further land reforms harm the Palestinians?
(a) They forbid any more than three families to live adjacent to each other.
(b) The reforms take away more and more arable land.
(c) They forbid Palestinians to hold title to any land.
(d) They forbid Palestianians to own more than 1/4 an acre for any reason.
2. What does Elias establish in Ibillin?
(a) A political action center for the promotion of peace.
(b) A youth camp for all faiths.
(c) A safe zone for displaced children.
(d) A museum about the holocaust.
3. Why do the Zionist landowners employ native Palestinians?
(a) They have to by law.
(b) They are unschooled in the proper cultivation of the orchards.
(c) They do not have enough Jews to keep the land cultivated.
(d) They feel guilty for taking the land away from the native Palestinians.
4. Who is Katoub?
(a) Elias's youngest sister.
(b) Elias's wife.
(c) Elias's mother.
(d) The village pastor.
5. With what do the Palestinians still struggle?
(a) Basic survival.
(c) The need for validation.
(d) Their desire for revenge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Zionists' reply to the argument that wherever they establish a State of Israel, there would already be people living there?
2. What does Elias do with a monetary gift from a grateful village?
3. What is happening in the new Jewish government?
4. What does Elias decide to do at the end of the chapter "Singled out?"
5. What are the secular Jews worried about as far as Zionism is concerned?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)