|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Work, For the Night is Coming.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Katoub?
(a) The village pastor.
(b) Elias's mother.
(c) Elias's wife.
(d) Elias's youngest sister.
2. With what do the Palestinians still struggle?
(a) The need for validation.
(b) Their desire for revenge.
(d) Basic survival.
3. What does Elias do to better understand the situation in Palestine?
(a) Some research on his own.
(b) He has decided not to worry about the situation anymore as it is interfering with his studies.
(c) Meet with the elders of the native Palestinians.
(d) Talk with several Zionists in Paris.
4. What is happening in the new Jewish government?
(a) Stricter laws being passed against the native Palestinians.
(b) Fighting among factions.
(c) They are setting up relocation facilities.
(d) They are consolidating their hold on the land.
5. What are the secular Jews worried about as far as Zionism is concerned?
(a) That it would become a terrorist organization.
(b) That it would isolate Jews from the world and increase anti-Semitism.
(c) That it would commit as many wrongs as it rights.
(d) That it would make Judaism a culture rather than a religion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where had the men been taken?
2. What does Elias establish in Ibillin?
3. Who of Elias's family is taken by the Irgun?
4. What is disturbing to Elias about the Western Europeans' perspectives on the Palestinian issue?
5. When do the men who were taken by the Irgun return?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)