News in the Wind
• Elias Chacour grows up in Biram, Palestine in the 1940s.
• Elias watches as his father prepares to welcome some Jewish soldiers to the village.
• The father explains about the holocaust in Europe and how the Jews were persecuted.
• The Chacour family are Melkite Christians.
• Melkite Christians and Jews recognize and accept their common heritage as children of Abraham and thus their intimate tie to one another.
• There was a climate of cooperation and friendship among these groups during this tiem.
Treasures of the Heart
• All children in the village of Biram attended school in the church.
• Elias learns the most from his devote mother, particularly about Jesus and the miracles he performed.
• Elias sees strength in Jesus and often goes off by himself to pray to and have conversations with Jesus.
• Elias' father teach the children about their heritage as Melkites.
• Elias learns love...
This section contains 1,581 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)