|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the Doctor's Wife leave her traveling companions?
(a) A playground
(b) An abandoned school building
(c) An open shop
(d) Her house
2. Who is the first woman in the first ward to announce she will acquiesce to the Thugs' demands?
(a) The Chambermaid
(b) The Doctor's Wife
(c) The First Man's Wife
(d) The Girl with Dark Glasses
3. What emotion does the Doctor's Wife feel toward the guard?
(c) None of the above
4. Who is reduced to tears by tasting the bottled water?
(a) The Girl with Dark Glasses
(b) The Squinting Child
(c) The First Man
(d) The Man with the Eye Patch
5. What happens for the first time in many days as the first ward is preparing to siege the Thugs?
(a) The soldiers deliver food rations
(b) The Doctor regains his sight
(c) The loudspeaker announces the quarantine rules
(d) The Doctor's Wife falls asleep
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people are living in the First Man's apartment?
2. What is the first thing the women of the first ward do with the body of their fallen comrade after they return?
3. Who constantly tries to convince the Girl with Dark Glasses to sleep with him?
4. With whom does the Girl with Dark Glasses regularly have sex?
5. What does the Doctor's Wife suggest to her husband she will do with the scissors?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't the Doctor's Wife tell the other inmates that she can see?
2. What is the general attitude in the other wards when food stops arriving at the main entrance?
3. What idea does the Doctor's Wife have when it starts raining?
4. Describe the Thugs' ward.
5. What does the unnamed woman do with the lighter she finds among her baggage?
6. What does the Doctor's Wife do when she sees her husband in bed with the Girl with Dark Glasses?
7. Describe the scene in the Thug's Ward immediately after the Doctor's Wife kills their leader.
8. How does the Writer go about writing without his sight?
9. In what state do the Doctor and his Wife find the Gaunt Old Woman when they approach her building?
10. How do the Thugs keep track of their earnings?
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)