|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What information - beside the fact that she can see - does the Doctor's Wife not volunteer to the man she talks to on the street?
(a) That she has traveling companions
(b) That she was in quarantine
(c) That she is heading to her house
(d) That she is not from the area
2. Which is not an item the Doctor's Wife finds in her larder?
(c) Dried fruit
(d) A jar of preserves
3. What ailment does the Doctor's Wife fear she has at the end of Chapter 10?
(d) A fever
4. Who is the first man in the first ward to protest that the women should not submit to the Thugs?
(a) The Man with the Eye-Patch
(b) The First Man
(c) The Doctor
(d) No man speaks out
5. Why do the soldiers not shoot the blind inmates as they flee the quarantine?
(a) The soldiers have run out of ammunition
(b) The soldiers have abandoned their post
(c) The soldiers are all blind
(d) The soldiers are asleep and easily overtaken
Short Answer Questions
1. In the first ward, who suggests and an armed assault against the Thugs?
2. What do the inmates do immediately after escaping the burning asylum?
3. What begins to follow the Doctor's Wife on her way back to her companions?
4. What does the Doctor's Wife hide in the Gaunt Old Woman's garden before leaving?
5. How many women from the second ward go to the Thugs?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Girl with Dark Glasses respond to the Man with the Eye-Patch's declaration of love?
2. Why doesn't the Doctor's Wife tell the other inmates that she can see?
3. What is the Doctor's principle argument for now trying to stop his wife from going to the Thugs' ward?
4. What is the Girl with Dark Glasses' decision about remaining with the Doctor's Wife?
5. Describe the Gaunt Old Woman that lives below the Girl with Dark Glasses' parents' apartment.
6. What plan does the Doctor's Wife and her band of companions develop after the asylum burns down?
7. How do the Thugs take control of the food rations?
8. What does the unnamed woman do with the lighter she finds among her baggage?
9. What are the sleeping conditions in quarantine now that all of the beds are full?
10. Why would the Doctor's Wife's mentioning to the stranger she meets that she is going home reveal that she can see?
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)