|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two characters in the first ward collect and deliver the valuables?
(a) The First Man and the Nurse
(b) The Doctor and the Doctor's Wife
(c) The Doctor's Wife and the First Man
(d) The First Man and the Doctor
2. In what state do the Doctor and his Wife find their house?
(b) Cluttered but sanitary
(c) Demolished and filthy
(d) Dusty but intact
3. What do the Thugs demand in Chapter 9 in exchange for food?
(b) Money and valuables
(d) A ward to themselves
4. What is the Doctor's Wife doing when the Thugs enter the first ward to mock the women?
(a) Washing the First Man's Wife
(b) Trimming her husband's beard
(c) Listening to the radio with the Man with the Eye-Patch
(d) Telling a story to the Squinting Child
5. Who vomits as a result of the corpse being eaten?
(a) The First Man
(b) The First Man's Wife
(c) The Squinting Boy
(d) The Doctor's Wife
Short Answer Questions
1. What important item did the Doctor's Wife bring from the asylum?
2. What does the First Man decide to do with his house at the end of the chapter?
3. Which of the following is not a threat that the Thugs make against the Doctor's Wife?
4. What does the Girl with Dark Glasses not realize?
5. How many women from the second ward go to the Thugs?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the old woman with insomnia in Chapter 9.
2. Why doesn't the Doctor's Wife tell the other inmates that she can see?
3. In what state do the Doctor and his Wife find the Gaunt Old Woman when they approach her building?
4. How does the Doctor's Wife meet the Dog of Tears?
5. How does the Girl with Dark Glasses respond to the Man with the Eye-Patch's declaration of love?
6. Describe the Gaunt Old Woman that lives below the Girl with Dark Glasses' parents' apartment.
7. What is the Girl with Dark Glasses' decision about remaining with the Doctor's Wife?
8. What plan does the Doctor's Wife and her band of companions develop after the asylum burns down?
9. What idea does the Doctor's Wife have when it starts raining?
10. Describe the scene in the Thug's Ward immediately after the Doctor's Wife kills their leader.
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)