|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the first ward, who suggests and an armed assault against the Thugs?
(a) The Girl with Dark Glasses
(b) The Nurse
(c) The First Man's Wife
(d) The Pharmacist's Assistant
2. What does the Doctor's Wife hide in the Gaunt Old Woman's garden before leaving?
(a) A dead hen
(b) The group's old clothes
(c) The Girl with Dark Glasses' key
(d) Her scissors
3. What does the Girl with Dark Glasses do with her bed, that the Doctor's Wife wishes she had thought to do?
(a) Makes a tent over it with a blanket
(b) Ties makeshift ropes along the side for protection
(c) Moves it nearer the open window
(d) Pushes it together with another
4. How many containers of food is the first ward given?
5. What important item did the Doctor's Wife bring from the asylum?
(a) Her keys
(b) The scissors
(c) A compass
(d) A lighter
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first useful item that the Doctor's Wife finds in the grocery storeroom?
2. What ridiculous suggestion does one inmate make after the Thugs steal the food rations?
3. What item does the Girl with Dark Glasses hide beneath her bed?
4. What begins to follow the Doctor's Wife on her way back to her companions?
5. What ailment does the Doctor's Wife fear she has at the end of Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the Old Woman with insomnia in Chapter 11?
2. What plan does the Doctor's Wife and her band of companions develop after the asylum burns down?
3. How does the first ward get its information of the outside world?
4. How does the Doctor's Wife meet the Dog of Tears?
5. What is the Doctor's principle argument for now trying to stop his wife from going to the Thugs' ward?
6. Describe the state of the outside world since the blindness disease has spread to almost every citizen?
7. What arrangement do the Thugs make for payment?
8. What does the unnamed woman do with the lighter she finds among her baggage?
9. How do the Thugs keep track of their earnings?
10. What is the general attitude in the other wards when food stops arriving at the main entrance?
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)