|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who stops sleeping in the main room of the house after the Man with the Eye Patch's awkward declaration of love?
(a) The Man with the Eye Patch
(b) The dog of tears
(c) The Girl with Dark Glasses
(d) The Squinting Child
2. What is eating a man's corpse in a city square?
(a) A group of blind people
(b) A pack of dogs
(d) A group of crows
3. What does the Gaunt Old Woman clutch to in her rigor-mortised hand?
(a) Her key
(b) A cabbage
(c) A picture of her family
(d) A dead rabbit
4. How does the Man with the Eye Patch relay the news from his radio?
(a) He does not tell the others
(b) He tell is to the Doctor's Wife, who passes it on
(c) He makes three summary announcements a day
(d) He passes it bed to bed like a game of Telephone
5. What happens for the first time in many days as the first ward is preparing to siege the Thugs?
(a) The Doctor regains his sight
(b) The soldiers deliver food rations
(c) The loudspeaker announces the quarantine rules
(d) The Doctor's Wife falls asleep
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first woman from the first ward that the Leader of the Thugs rapes?
2. What does a blind person grab from the Doctor's Wife as she runs from the grocery?
3. What does the Girl with Dark Glasses do with her bed, that the Doctor's Wife wishes she had thought to do?
4. What is the Doctor's Wife doing when the Thugs enter the first ward to mock the women?
5. Why is the Gaunt Old Woman's body particularly light?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the sleeping conditions in quarantine now that all of the beds are full?
2. Why would the Doctor's Wife's mentioning to the stranger she meets that she is going home reveal that she can see?
3. How does the first ward get its information of the outside world?
4. How does the Girl with Dark Glasses respond to the Man with the Eye-Patch's declaration of love?
5. What happens to the Old Woman with insomnia in Chapter 11?
6. How do the Thugs keep track of their earnings?
7. What plan does the Doctor's Wife and her band of companions develop after the asylum burns down?
8. What arrangement do the Thugs make for payment?
9. How does the Writer go about writing without his sight?
10. In what state do the Doctor and his Wife find the Gaunt Old Woman when they approach her building?
This section contains 945 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)