|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Doctor's Wife reasons that she killed another man in addition to the Leader of the Thugs. Where does she stab him?
(a) In his stomach
(b) In his temple
(c) In his chest
(d) In his neck
2. Which two characters are given sneakers rather than boots by the Doctor's Wife?
(a) The Girl with Dark Glasses and the First Man's Wife
(b) The Man with the Eye-Patch and the First Man
(c) The Doctor and the Girl with Dark Glasses
(d) The Man with the Eye Patch and the Squinting Child
3. What is the group doing when the Man with the Eye Patch declares his love?
(a) Reading stories
(c) Listening to records
(d) Discussing their plans for the next day
4. Who is the first woman from the first ward that the Leader of the Thugs rapes?
(a) The First Man's Wife
(b) The Doctor's Wife
(c) The Old Woman with Insomnia
(d) The Girl with Dark Glasses
5. During the several small insurrections against the Thugs mentioned in the beginning of Chapter 11, how many shots are fired?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does each member of the sieging group carry with her?
2. What emotion does the Doctor's Wife feel toward the guard?
3. What does the Doctor's Wife suggest to her husband she will do with the scissors?
4. Which of the following social niceties has not disappeared from society in this chapter?
5. How many women from the second ward go to the Thugs?
Short Essay Questions
1. What idea does the Doctor's Wife have when it starts raining?
2. Describe the Thugs' ward.
3. What does the Doctor's Wife do when she sees her husband in bed with the Girl with Dark Glasses?
4. What plan does the Doctor's Wife and her band of companions develop after the asylum burns down?
5. Why would the Doctor's Wife's mentioning to the stranger she meets that she is going home reveal that she can see?
6. What arrangement do the Thugs make for payment?
7. How do the Thugs keep track of their earnings?
8. Why doesn't the Doctor's Wife tell the other inmates that she can see?
9. Describe the Gaunt Old Woman that lives below the Girl with Dark Glasses' parents' apartment.
10. What are the sleeping conditions in quarantine now that all of the beds are full?
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)