|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose lodging does that group decide to skip on their journey?
(a) The Man with the Black Eye Patch
(b) The Doctor
(c) The Squinting Child
(d) The First Man
2. What do the Thugs demand in Chapter 9 in exchange for food?
(a) Money and valuables
(b) A ward to themselves
3. Which of the following social niceties has not disappeared from society in this chapter?
(a) Private defecation
(b) Private property
4. How does the Man with the Eye Patch relay the news from his radio?
(a) He passes it bed to bed like a game of Telephone
(b) He does not tell the others
(c) He tell is to the Doctor's Wife, who passes it on
(d) He makes three summary announcements a day
5. What ailment does the Doctor's Wife fear she has at the end of Chapter 10?
(c) A fever
Short Answer Questions
1. What is eating a man's corpse in a city square?
2. Who is the first woman from the first ward that the Leader of the Thugs rapes?
3. What does the Gaunt Old Woman clutch to in her rigor-mortised hand?
4. Who stops sleeping in the main room of the house after the Man with the Eye Patch's awkward declaration of love?
5. Which ailment is not mentioned among those prevalent in quarantine?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Gaunt Old Woman that lives below the Girl with Dark Glasses' parents' apartment.
2. What does the unnamed woman do with the lighter she finds among her baggage?
3. Why doesn't the Doctor's Wife tell the other inmates that she can see?
4. What are the sleeping conditions in quarantine now that all of the beds are full?
5. Why would the Doctor's Wife's mentioning to the stranger she meets that she is going home reveal that she can see?
6. How do the Thugs keep track of their earnings?
7. Describe the Thugs' ward.
8. How does the Writer go about writing without his sight?
9. What is the result of the other wards having given the Thugs all their valuables at once?
10. Describe the state of the outside world since the blindness disease has spread to almost every citizen?
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)