|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is eating a man's corpse in a city square?
(a) A pack of dogs
(c) A group of crows
(d) A group of blind people
2. What do the Thugs demand in Chapter 9 in exchange for food?
(a) Money and valuables
(d) A ward to themselves
3. Which two characters in the first ward collect and deliver the valuables?
(a) The First Man and the Doctor
(b) The Doctor and the Doctor's Wife
(c) The First Man and the Nurse
(d) The Doctor's Wife and the First Man
4. What emotion does the Doctor's Wife feel toward the guard?
(d) None of the above
5. Who takes control of the Leader's gun?
(a) An unnamed Thug
(b) An unnamed woman of the second ward
(c) The Chronicler
(d) The Doctor's Wife
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do women prefer to relieve themselves in the new nomadic existence?
2. What item does the Doctor's Wife find in her purse that could be used as a weapon?
3. What vegetable does the Gaunt Old Woman eat along with her raw rabbit?
4. What is the first thing the women of the first ward do with the body of their fallen comrade after they return?
5. Whose house is furthest away from the asylum?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Thugs keep track of their earnings?
2. Why doesn't the Doctor's Wife tell the other inmates that she can see?
3. What is the general attitude in the other wards when food stops arriving at the main entrance?
4. Describe the state of the outside world since the blindness disease has spread to almost every citizen?
5. What are the sleeping conditions in quarantine now that all of the beds are full?
6. How does the Doctor's Wife meet the Dog of Tears?
7. What does the unnamed woman do with the lighter she finds among her baggage?
8. What is the result of the other wards having given the Thugs all their valuables at once?
9. Describe the scene in the Thug's Ward immediately after the Doctor's Wife kills their leader.
10. What plan does the Doctor's Wife and her band of companions develop after the asylum burns down?
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)