|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many inmates are shot during the assault on the Thugs' ward?
2. What does the night guard do when the Doctor's Wife sits at the main entrance of the quarantine?
(a) Shouts at her to get back inside
(b) Fires his gun in the air as a warning
(c) Takes aim on her until she goes back in
(d) Continues sleeping
3. Whose lodging does that group decide to skip on their journey?
(a) The Doctor
(b) The Man with the Black Eye Patch
(c) The Squinting Child
(d) The First Man
4. Why do the soldiers not shoot the blind inmates as they flee the quarantine?
(a) The soldiers have abandoned their post
(b) The soldiers are asleep and easily overtaken
(c) The soldiers are all blind
(d) The soldiers have run out of ammunition
5. What do the inmates do immediately after escaping the burning asylum?
(a) They huddle together and sleep
(b) They group off and head into the city
(c) They search the guard's post for food.
(d) They scatter to the surrounding fields to make shelter
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Gaunt Old Woman clutch to in her rigor-mortised hand?
2. Who is the first woman from the first ward that the Leader of the Thugs rapes?
3. Approximately how many Thugs have taken control of the fifth ward?
4. What does the Doctor say all of the country is dying from?
5. What is eating a man's corpse in a city square?
Short Essay Questions
1. What plan does the Doctor's Wife and her band of companions develop after the asylum burns down?
2. How does the first ward get its information of the outside world?
3. What does the Doctor's Wife do when she sees her husband in bed with the Girl with Dark Glasses?
4. How does the Girl with Dark Glasses respond to the Man with the Eye-Patch's declaration of love?
5. What are the sleeping conditions in quarantine now that all of the beds are full?
6. What is the general attitude in the other wards when food stops arriving at the main entrance?
7. Describe the state of the outside world since the blindness disease has spread to almost every citizen?
8. Describe the old woman with insomnia in Chapter 9.
9. What arrangement do the Thugs make for payment?
10. What does the unnamed woman do with the lighter she finds among her baggage?
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)