|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On second glance, what does the Doctor's Wife notice the filthy blind lovers in the hall are doing?
(a) Grappling for food
(b) Holding hands
(c) Whispering to each other
2. What is the first thing the women of the first ward do with the body of their fallen comrade after they return?
(a) They tell the men to bury her
(b) They bury her immediately
(c) They wash her
(d) They wrap her in a sheet
3. How many inmates are shot during the assault on the Thugs' ward?
4. What does the Gaunt Old Woman clutch to in her rigor-mortised hand?
(a) A picture of her family
(b) Her key
(c) A cabbage
(d) A dead rabbit
5. What do the inmates do immediately after escaping the burning asylum?
(a) They scatter to the surrounding fields to make shelter
(b) They huddle together and sleep
(c) They group off and head into the city
(d) They search the guard's post for food.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first woman from the first ward that the Leader of the Thugs rapes?
2. What does the Girl with Dark Glasses leave on her parents' door to alert them that she's alive?
3. What does the Leader of the Thugs do at the same time as his throat is cut?
4. What does a blind person grab from the Doctor's Wife as she runs from the grocery?
5. With whom does the Girl with Dark Glasses regularly have sex?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Doctor's principle argument for now trying to stop his wife from going to the Thugs' ward?
2. What does the unnamed woman do with the lighter she finds among her baggage?
3. How does the first ward get its information of the outside world?
4. What does the Doctor's Wife do when she sees her husband in bed with the Girl with Dark Glasses?
5. What is the general attitude in the other wards when food stops arriving at the main entrance?
6. How does the Girl with Dark Glasses respond to the Man with the Eye-Patch's declaration of love?
7. Describe the Thugs' ward.
8. Why would the Doctor's Wife's mentioning to the stranger she meets that she is going home reveal that she can see?
9. Describe the state of the outside world since the blindness disease has spread to almost every citizen?
10. Why doesn't the Doctor's Wife tell the other inmates that she can see?
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)