|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose house is furthest away from the asylum?
(a) The Girl with Dark Glasses
(b) The Man with the Eye-Patch
(c) The Doctor
(d) The First Man
2. Whom is the first person the Doctor's Wife informs she can see?
(a) The Man with the Eye-Patch
(b) The Girl with Dark Glasses
(c) The Squinting Child
(d) The First Man's Wife
3. What does the Leader of the Thugs do at the same time as his throat is cut?
(a) Slaps the Doctor's Wife
(b) Beg for his life
(c) Has an orgasm
(d) Throw a woman over his bed
4. What does the Doctor's Wife hide in the Gaunt Old Woman's garden before leaving?
(a) The Girl with Dark Glasses' key
(b) The group's old clothes
(c) Her scissors
(d) A dead hen
5. In what state do the Doctor and his Wife find their house?
(b) Dusty but intact
(c) Demolished and filthy
(d) Cluttered but sanitary
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following social niceties has not disappeared from society in this chapter?
2. What do the inmates do immediately after escaping the burning asylum?
3. When the Doctor's Wife gets out of bed, what does she choose not to put on?
4. Which two characters are given sneakers rather than boots by the Doctor's Wife?
5. Why does the Man with the Eye Patch stop receiving news from his radio?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the Old Woman with insomnia in Chapter 11?
2. What is the Girl with Dark Glasses' decision about remaining with the Doctor's Wife?
3. Describe the old woman with insomnia in Chapter 9.
4. What is the result of the other wards having given the Thugs all their valuables at once?
5. What does the Doctor's Wife say to silence the Thugs when they stop by the first ward at the beginning of Chapter 12?
6. What plan does the Doctor's Wife and her band of companions develop after the asylum burns down?
7. Why would the Doctor's Wife's mentioning to the stranger she meets that she is going home reveal that she can see?
8. Why doesn't the Doctor's Wife tell the other inmates that she can see?
9. Describe the scene in the Thug's Ward immediately after the Doctor's Wife kills their leader.
10. What are the sleeping conditions in quarantine now that all of the beds are full?
This section contains 955 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)