|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who constantly tries to convince the Girl with Dark Glasses to sleep with him?
(a) The First Man
(b) The Chronicler
(c) The Pharmacist's Assistant
(d) The Doctor
2. What does each member of the sieging group carry with her?
(a) A heavy stick
(b) A metal rod
(c) A blade of glass
(d) A rock
3. What does the Girl with Dark Glasses not realize?
(a) Her hair has gone white
(b) She is sleeping in the wrong bed
(c) Her conjunctivitis is gone
(d) Her glasses have been stolen
4. How does the Man with the Eye Patch relay the news from his radio?
(a) He makes three summary announcements a day
(b) He tell is to the Doctor's Wife, who passes it on
(c) He passes it bed to bed like a game of Telephone
(d) He does not tell the others
5. Which of the following social niceties has not disappeared from society in this chapter?
(a) Private property
(b) Private defecation
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 9, approximately how many internees are in quarantine?
2. Why do the soldiers not shoot the blind inmates as they flee the quarantine?
3. Who takes control of the Leader's gun?
4. Who is reduced to tears by tasting the bottled water?
5. In addition to the gun, what else do the Thugs carry as weapons?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the sleeping conditions in quarantine now that all of the beds are full?
2. What plan does the Doctor's Wife and her band of companions develop after the asylum burns down?
3. How does the Doctor's Wife meet the Dog of Tears?
4. Describe the old woman with insomnia in Chapter 9.
5. What arrangement do the Thugs make for payment?
6. How does the Girl with Dark Glasses respond to the Man with the Eye-Patch's declaration of love?
7. What is the Doctor's principle argument for now trying to stop his wife from going to the Thugs' ward?
8. In what state do the Doctor and his Wife find the Gaunt Old Woman when they approach her building?
9. How does the first ward get its information of the outside world?
10. Describe the Thugs' ward.
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)