|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who constantly tries to convince the Girl with Dark Glasses to sleep with him?
(a) The Doctor
(b) The First Man
(c) The Chronicler
(d) The Pharmacist's Assistant
2. When the Doctor's Wife gets out of bed, what does she choose not to put on?
3. Whom is the first person the Doctor's Wife informs she can see?
(a) The First Man's Wife
(b) The Man with the Eye-Patch
(c) The Squinting Child
(d) The Girl with Dark Glasses
4. On second glance, what does the Doctor's Wife notice the filthy blind lovers in the hall are doing?
(a) Holding hands
(b) Grappling for food
(c) Whispering to each other
5. In addition to the gun, what else do the Thugs carry as weapons?
(a) Kitchen utensils
(b) Metal rods
(c) Broom handles
(d) Shards of glass
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people are living in the First Man's apartment?
2. What is the Doctor's Wife doing when the Thugs enter the first ward to mock the women?
3. One of the Thugs is blind from birth - not from the epidemic. What is he called by his cohorts?
4. Who stops sleeping in the main room of the house after the Man with the Eye Patch's awkward declaration of love?
5. What emotion does the Doctor's Wife feel toward the guard?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't the Doctor's Wife tell the other inmates that she can see?
2. Why would the Doctor's Wife's mentioning to the stranger she meets that she is going home reveal that she can see?
3. What is the Doctor's principle argument for now trying to stop his wife from going to the Thugs' ward?
4. What arrangement do the Thugs make for payment?
5. How does the first ward get its information of the outside world?
6. What happens to the Old Woman with insomnia in Chapter 11?
7. How does the Girl with Dark Glasses respond to the Man with the Eye-Patch's declaration of love?
8. Describe the old woman with insomnia in Chapter 9.
9. How do the Thugs take control of the food rations?
10. Describe the scene in the Thug's Ward immediately after the Doctor's Wife kills their leader.
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)