|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Doctor say all of the country is dying from?
2. Who does not bathe in the rain?
(a) The Doctor's Wife
(b) The Girl with Dark Glasses
(c) The First Man's Wife
(d) The Old Man with the Eye Patch
3. How many containers of food is the first ward given?
4. What ridiculous suggestion does one inmate make after the Thugs steal the food rations?
(a) Calling the police
(b) Asking to join the Thugs
(c) Stealing the food back
(d) Asking the guards for more food
5. What is the group doing when the Man with the Eye Patch declares his love?
(b) Discussing their plans for the next day
(c) Reading stories
(d) Listening to records
Short Answer Questions
1. What important item did the Doctor's Wife bring from the asylum?
2. What does the Doctor's Wife hide in the Gaunt Old Woman's garden before leaving?
3. What vegetable does the Gaunt Old Woman eat along with her raw rabbit?
4. Which is not an item the Doctor's Wife finds in her larder?
5. Which two characters in the first ward collect and deliver the valuables?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Doctor's principle argument for now trying to stop his wife from going to the Thugs' ward?
2. What is the general attitude in the other wards when food stops arriving at the main entrance?
3. How does the Writer go about writing without his sight?
4. What does the Doctor's Wife do when she sees her husband in bed with the Girl with Dark Glasses?
5. How do the Thugs keep track of their earnings?
6. Why doesn't the Doctor's Wife tell the other inmates that she can see?
7. Describe the state of the outside world since the blindness disease has spread to almost every citizen?
8. What is the result of the other wards having given the Thugs all their valuables at once?
9. How does the Doctor's Wife meet the Dog of Tears?
10. What does the unnamed woman do with the lighter she finds among her baggage?
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)