|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Girl with Dark Glasses not realize?
(a) She is sleeping in the wrong bed
(b) Her conjunctivitis is gone
(c) Her glasses have been stolen
(d) Her hair has gone white
2. What vegetable does the Gaunt Old Woman eat along with her raw rabbit?
3. What important item did the Doctor's Wife bring from the asylum?
(a) Her keys
(b) A compass
(c) A lighter
(d) The scissors
4. Who is not a part of the group that walks to the city with the Doctor's Wife?
(a) The Squinting Child
(b) The Chambermaid
(c) The Doctor
(d) The First Man
5. Which of the following social niceties has not disappeared from society in this chapter?
(a) Private property
(c) Private defecation
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Doctor's Wife hide in the Gaunt Old Woman's garden before leaving?
2. Whom is the first person the Doctor's Wife informs she can see?
3. What is eating a man's corpse in a city square?
4. With whom does the Girl with Dark Glasses regularly have sex?
5. Which ailment is not mentioned among those prevalent in quarantine?
Short Essay Questions
1. What arrangement do the Thugs make for payment?
2. How does the Writer go about writing without his sight?
3. What are the sleeping conditions in quarantine now that all of the beds are full?
4. In what state do the Doctor and his Wife find the Gaunt Old Woman when they approach her building?
5. How does the Girl with Dark Glasses respond to the Man with the Eye-Patch's declaration of love?
6. How do the Thugs keep track of their earnings?
7. How do the Thugs take control of the food rations?
8. What happens to the Old Woman with insomnia in Chapter 11?
9. What does the Doctor's Wife say to silence the Thugs when they stop by the first ward at the beginning of Chapter 12?
10. What is the result of the other wards having given the Thugs all their valuables at once?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)