|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Doctor's Wife suggest to her husband she will do with the scissors?
(a) She does not know
(b) Attack the Thugs
(c) Trim his beard
(d) Kill herself
2. In what state do the Doctor and his Wife find their house?
(a) Demolished and filthy
(c) Dusty but intact
(d) Cluttered but sanitary
3. In the first ward, who suggests and an armed assault against the Thugs?
(a) The Nurse
(b) The Girl with Dark Glasses
(c) The Pharmacist's Assistant
(d) The First Man's Wife
4. What is the first useful item that the Doctor's Wife finds in the grocery storeroom?
(c) Bottled water
(d) Chorizo sausage
5. The Doctor's Wife reasons that she killed another man in addition to the Leader of the Thugs. Where does she stab him?
(a) In his temple
(b) In his stomach
(c) In his chest
(d) In his neck
Short Answer Questions
1. How many inmates are shot during the assault on the Thugs' ward?
2. What does a blind person grab from the Doctor's Wife as she runs from the grocery?
3. Where does the Doctor's Wife leave her traveling companions?
4. What is stolen from the Chronicler as he types his accounts
5. What does the Girl with Dark Glasses do with her bed, that the Doctor's Wife wishes she had thought to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the general attitude in the other wards when food stops arriving at the main entrance?
2. What is the Doctor's principle argument for now trying to stop his wife from going to the Thugs' ward?
3. How does the first ward get its information of the outside world?
4. In what state do the Doctor and his Wife find the Gaunt Old Woman when they approach her building?
5. How does the Girl with Dark Glasses respond to the Man with the Eye-Patch's declaration of love?
6. Describe the state of the outside world since the blindness disease has spread to almost every citizen?
7. What is the result of the other wards having given the Thugs all their valuables at once?
8. Describe the Thugs' ward.
9. What does the Doctor's Wife say to silence the Thugs when they stop by the first ward at the beginning of Chapter 12?
10. What happens to the Old Woman with insomnia in Chapter 11?
This section contains 918 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)