|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Girl with Dark Glasses leave on her parents' door to alert them that she's alive?
(a) A lock of hair
(b) Her picture of them
(c) Her necklace
(d) A note dictated to the Doctor's Wife
2. During the several small insurrections against the Thugs mentioned in the beginning of Chapter 11, how many shots are fired?
3. Where does the Doctor's Wife leave her traveling companions?
(a) An abandoned school building
(b) A playground
(c) Her house
(d) An open shop
4. How many women from the second ward go to the Thugs?
5. Whom is the first person the Doctor's Wife informs she can see?
(a) The Girl with Dark Glasses
(b) The First Man's Wife
(c) The Squinting Child
(d) The Man with the Eye-Patch
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does the Girl with Dark Glasses regularly have sex?
2. What does the Girl with Dark Glasses not realize?
3. What do the inmates do immediately after escaping the burning asylum?
4. Who stops sleeping in the main room of the house after the Man with the Eye Patch's awkward declaration of love?
5. What does the Doctor's Wife suggest to her husband she will do with the scissors?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Thugs take control of the food rations?
2. What arrangement do the Thugs make for payment?
3. What idea does the Doctor's Wife have when it starts raining?
4. How does the first ward get its information of the outside world?
5. In what state do the Doctor and his Wife find the Gaunt Old Woman when they approach her building?
6. How do the Thugs keep track of their earnings?
7. Describe the scene in the Thug's Ward immediately after the Doctor's Wife kills their leader.
8. What does the Doctor's Wife say to silence the Thugs when they stop by the first ward at the beginning of Chapter 12?
9. Describe the Gaunt Old Woman that lives below the Girl with Dark Glasses' parents' apartment.
10. What is the Girl with Dark Glasses' decision about remaining with the Doctor's Wife?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)