|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Doctor say all of the country is dying from?
2. How many inmates are shot during the assault on the Thugs' ward?
3. What does the Girl with Dark Glasses not realize?
(a) Her hair has gone white
(b) Her conjunctivitis is gone
(c) Her glasses have been stolen
(d) She is sleeping in the wrong bed
4. At the beginning of Chapter 9, approximately how many internees are in quarantine?
(a) Two hundred and forty
(b) Three hundred and fifty
(c) Three hundred
(d) One hundred and eighty
5. In the first ward, who suggests and an armed assault against the Thugs?
(a) The First Man's Wife
(b) The Pharmacist's Assistant
(c) The Nurse
(d) The Girl with Dark Glasses
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first woman in the first ward to announce she will acquiesce to the Thugs' demands?
2. What begins to follow the Doctor's Wife on her way back to her companions?
3. What item does the Girl with Dark Glasses hide beneath her bed?
4. Who cannot walk with her own strength after the gang-rape by the Thugs?
5. Why is the Gaunt Old Woman's body particularly light?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Thugs take control of the food rations?
2. How does the first ward get its information of the outside world?
3. What idea does the Doctor's Wife have when it starts raining?
4. How does the Doctor's Wife meet the Dog of Tears?
5. In what state do the Doctor and his Wife find the Gaunt Old Woman when they approach her building?
6. Describe the state of the outside world since the blindness disease has spread to almost every citizen?
7. What is the Girl with Dark Glasses' decision about remaining with the Doctor's Wife?
8. What does the unnamed woman do with the lighter she finds among her baggage?
9. What are the sleeping conditions in quarantine now that all of the beds are full?
10. Describe the old woman with insomnia in Chapter 9.
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)