|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Doctor's Wife reasons that she killed another man in addition to the Leader of the Thugs. Where does she stab him?
(a) In his neck
(b) In his stomach
(c) In his chest
(d) In his temple
2. Who constantly tries to convince the Girl with Dark Glasses to sleep with him?
(a) The Chronicler
(b) The First Man
(c) The Pharmacist's Assistant
(d) The Doctor
3. When the Doctor's Wife gets out of bed, what does she choose not to put on?
4. How many containers of food is the first ward given?
5. What pierces a blind man's leg as he searches the same supermarket as the Doctor's Wife?
(a) A stray nail
(b) A sardine tin lid
(c) A splinter of glass
(d) A rotten fish bone
Short Answer Questions
1. In addition to the gun, what else do the Thugs carry as weapons?
2. Who gives the Squinting Boy half his/her portion of food?
3. What do the Thugs demand in Chapter 9 in exchange for food?
4. Who stops sleeping in the main room of the house after the Man with the Eye Patch's awkward declaration of love?
5. What emotion does the Doctor's Wife feel toward the guard?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Gaunt Old Woman that lives below the Girl with Dark Glasses' parents' apartment.
2. How does the Girl with Dark Glasses respond to the Man with the Eye-Patch's declaration of love?
3. How does the first ward get its information of the outside world?
4. What happens to the Old Woman with insomnia in Chapter 11?
5. How do the Thugs take control of the food rations?
6. What plan does the Doctor's Wife and her band of companions develop after the asylum burns down?
7. What idea does the Doctor's Wife have when it starts raining?
8. How does the Doctor's Wife meet the Dog of Tears?
9. Describe the state of the outside world since the blindness disease has spread to almost every citizen?
10. What arrangement do the Thugs make for payment?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)