|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Gaunt Old Woman clutch to in her rigor-mortised hand?
(a) A cabbage
(b) Her key
(c) A picture of her family
(d) A dead rabbit
2. Who is reduced to tears by tasting the bottled water?
(a) The First Man
(b) The Squinting Child
(c) The Man with the Eye Patch
(d) The Girl with Dark Glasses
3. What does the Doctor's Wife suggest to her husband she will do with the scissors?
(a) Trim his beard
(b) She does not know
(c) Kill herself
(d) Attack the Thugs
4. The Doctor's Wife reasons that she killed another man in addition to the Leader of the Thugs. Where does she stab him?
(a) In his neck
(b) In his stomach
(c) In his temple
(d) In his chest
5. Where do women prefer to relieve themselves in the new nomadic existence?
(c) Street curbs
(d) Abandoned cars
Short Answer Questions
1. Which ailment is not mentioned among those prevalent in quarantine?
2. Who stops sleeping in the main room of the house after the Man with the Eye Patch's awkward declaration of love?
3. What does the Girl with Dark Glasses do with her bed, that the Doctor's Wife wishes she had thought to do?
4. What does the Doctor's Wife hide in the Gaunt Old Woman's garden before leaving?
5. Who cannot walk with her own strength after the gang-rape by the Thugs?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the general attitude in the other wards when food stops arriving at the main entrance?
2. What is the result of the other wards having given the Thugs all their valuables at once?
3. Why doesn't the Doctor's Wife tell the other inmates that she can see?
4. What is the Doctor's principle argument for now trying to stop his wife from going to the Thugs' ward?
5. How does the Doctor's Wife meet the Dog of Tears?
6. Describe the Gaunt Old Woman that lives below the Girl with Dark Glasses' parents' apartment.
7. What does the Doctor's Wife say to silence the Thugs when they stop by the first ward at the beginning of Chapter 12?
8. How does the Writer go about writing without his sight?
9. Describe the old woman with insomnia in Chapter 9.
10. Why would the Doctor's Wife's mentioning to the stranger she meets that she is going home reveal that she can see?
This section contains 979 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)