|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A crash of what type of vehicle requires the Minister of Transportation to issue releases about the epidemic?
(a) A train
(b) A bus
(c) A series of cars
(d) An airplane
2. Which group is forced to barricade itseld as the quarantine is flooded with new inmates?
(a) The contaminated
(b) The first ward
(c) The guards
(d) The second ward
3. Which newly blind character arrives in the first ward at the end of the chapter?
(a) The Thief's Wife
(b) The Hotel Clerk
(c) The Sergeant
(d) The Man with the eye patch
4. Who comes to the First Man's aid after he goes blind?
(a) His Wife
(b) The Thief
(c) The Girl with Dark Glasses
(d) The Doctor
5. What valuable piece of information does the Doctor's Wife take from the radio?
(a) The news of a new govenment
(b) The time
(c) The temperture and weather forecast
(d) An update on the number of blind cases reported
Short Answer Questions
1. Why isn't the First Man's wife home?
2. Why is the Girl with Dark Glasses seeing the Doctor?
3. How does the Thief die?
4. What is delivered for lunch?
5. What does the government ask families to do as the epidemic spreads faster?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Girl with Dark Glasses' attitude toward her work.
2. How does the Man with the Eye-Patch describe the state of the outside world?
3. Does the Doctor give up on the case of blindness in the First Man?
4. What news does the Minister of Health have for the Doctor when he calls back?
5. Describe the painting the Man with the Eye-Patch mentions at the end of Chapter 8.
6. By this point, is the dispersal of food effectively organized by Chapter 7?
7. What bit of knowledge does the Thief reveal to the Doctor's Wife on the night of his death? What will he do with this knowledge?
8. Describe the First Man's Wife's reaction to her husband when she comes home.
9. What is the government's plan for dealing with the outbreak at the end of Chapter 3?
10. Why do the guards fire on the inmates?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)