|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Approximately how many new blind internees arrive at quarantine in Chapter 7?
(b) Three hundred
(c) One hundred and fifty
(d) Two hundred
2. What does the First Man use to dress his wounded hand?
(a) A towel
(b) A shirt
(c) A handkerchief
3. What does the Doctor's Wife find in a cupboard in the quarantine?
(b) Old towels and tissue paper
(c) Tins of milk
(d) A dead animal
4. Which of the following is not an item the Doctor's wife packs for quarantine?
5. What are the inmates instructed to do after eating meals?
(a) Call to the guard post for intructions
(b) Wash all containers and utensils
(c) Leave all containers at the front door for pick-up
(d) Burn all containers and leftovers
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the doctor step on on his way to the lavatory?
2. What is the doctor's diagnosis to explain the First Man's blindness?
3. Whose spouse arrives with the new inmates?
4. Which two people share a moment of forgiveness in Chapter 5?
5. Who is not among the first group of inmates to arrive in quarantine?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Sergeant's attitude toward the internees?
2. Describe what happens when the Doctor's Wife wakes up in the morning.
3. Why do the guards fire on the inmates?
4. Does the Doctor give up on the case of blindness in the First Man?
5. Describe the humiliation that occurs when the Doctor tries to use the toilet in Chapter 6.
6. What is the Doctor's Wife's reaction to her husbands hypothesis about his blindness?
7. Does the First Man trust the man who comes to his aid after he goes blind?
8. What appears to be the pattern for the spread of blindness in the novel?
9. What insights does the Doctor's Wife have about the society of blind people in quarantine in the beginning of Chapter 5?
10. Describe the final moments of the Thief's life.
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)