|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what item does the First Man cut himself?
(a) Kitchen Knife
(c) Loose Nail in the Floor
(d) Broken vase
2. What valuable piece of information does the Doctor's Wife take from the radio?
(a) An update on the number of blind cases reported
(b) The temperture and weather forecast
(c) The time
(d) The news of a new govenment
3. Whose spouse arrives with the new inmates?
(a) The First Man
(b) The Thief
(c) The Girl with Dark Glasses
(d) The Doctor
4. Where is quarantine located?
(a) A factory
(b) An abandoned school
(c) A hospital
(d) No one knows
5. What does the Doctor do when he discovers he is blind?
(a) Calls the hospital
(b) Wakes his wife
(d) Tries to go back to sleep
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not among the objects that internees saw immediately before going blind?
2. Which of these is not a condition the Doctor asks if the First Man has?
3. What is provided to the inmates for breakfast?
4. Who pick's up the spade from the soldiers?
5. What has run out by the end of the chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What services will the government offer the quarantined inmates, according to the announcement?
2. What is the Thief's reaction to the suggestion that the Doctor be leader of the quarantined inmates?
3. What is the government's plan for dealing with the outbreak at the end of Chapter 3?
4. What is the Thief's state of mind at the beginning of Chapter 2?
5. Describe the final moments of the Thief's life.
6. Does the First Man trust the man who comes to his aid after he goes blind?
7. How does the Thief suffer an injury?
8. What happens when the hundreds of new internees are delivered to quarantine?
9. What is the Doctor's Wife's reaction to her husbands hypothesis about his blindness?
10. Describe the Man with the Eye-Patch.
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)