|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do women prefer to relieve themselves in the new nomadic existence?
(c) Street curbs
(d) Abandoned cars
2. What does the Leader of the Thugs do at the same time as his throat is cut?
(a) Throw a woman over his bed
(b) Beg for his life
(c) Has an orgasm
(d) Slaps the Doctor's Wife
3. What vegetable does the Gaunt Old Woman eat along with her raw rabbit?
4. How many containers of food is the first ward given?
5. What item does the Girl with Dark Glasses hide beneath her bed?
(a) A watch
(b) A photo
(c) Her eyedrops
(d) A sanitary napkin
6. Which is not an item the Doctor's Wife finds in her larder?
(a) A jar of preserves
(b) Dried fruit
7. What emotion does the Doctor's Wife feel toward the guard?
(c) None of the above
8. What does the night guard do when the Doctor's Wife sits at the main entrance of the quarantine?
(a) Continues sleeping
(b) Shouts at her to get back inside
(c) Fires his gun in the air as a warning
(d) Takes aim on her until she goes back in
9. What begins to follow the Doctor's Wife on her way back to her companions?
(a) A group of blind people from the grocery
(b) A dog
(c) A group of blind children
(d) A cat
10. What item does the Doctor's Wife find in her purse that could be used as a weapon?
(a) A zippo lighter
(b) A nail file
(c) A letter opener
11. During the several small insurrections against the Thugs mentioned in the beginning of Chapter 11, how many shots are fired?
12. Whom is the first person the Doctor's Wife informs she can see?
(a) The Man with the Eye-Patch
(b) The Squinting Child
(c) The Girl with Dark Glasses
(d) The First Man's Wife
13. What does each member of the sieging group carry with her?
(a) A heavy stick
(b) A rock
(c) A metal rod
(d) A blade of glass
14. What does the Girl with Dark Glasses not realize?
(a) Her conjunctivitis is gone
(b) Her hair has gone white
(c) She is sleeping in the wrong bed
(d) Her glasses have been stolen
15. Who stops sleeping in the main room of the house after the Man with the Eye Patch's awkward declaration of love?
(a) The dog of tears
(b) The Girl with Dark Glasses
(c) The Man with the Eye Patch
(d) The Squinting Child
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing the women of the first ward do with the body of their fallen comrade after they return?
2. Why do the soldiers not shoot the blind inmates as they flee the quarantine?
3. What do two men returning from the Thugs warn the first warders not to do?
4. What is stolen from the Chronicler as he types his accounts
5. What important item did the Doctor's Wife bring from the asylum?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)