|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item does an anonymous person wish was around near the end of Chapter 8?
(a) A guitar
(b) A mop
(c) A bouquet of flowers
(d) A hand-fan
2. What object is not in the painting one man saw before going blind?
(a) A seagull
(c) A conch shell
(d) A naked woman
3. Who pick's up the spade from the soldiers?
(a) The Doctor's Wife
(b) The Doctor
(c) The First Man
(d) The Girl with Dark Glasses
4. What does the First Man use to dress his wounded hand?
(b) A shirt
(c) A handkerchief
(d) A towel
5. When does the Doctor go blind?
(a) On his way to work the next day
(b) When he wakes up the next morning
(c) Immediately after leaving his office
(d) At dinner that night
6. What did the doctor's wife forget to do before going to sleep?
(a) Kiss her husband
(b) Wind her watch
(c) Remove her filthy shoes
(d) Go to the toilet
7. What does the Girl with Dark Glasses want to listen to on the portable radio?
(a) Call-in programs
(d) Religious programs
8. What is the doctor's diagnosis to explain the First Man's blindness?
(a) Complications involving diabetes
(b) None of the above
(c) Retinal injury
9. Who escorts the Thief home?
(a) The Man with the Eyepatch
(b) A Passerby
(c) His Wife
(d) The Police
10. What does the Doctor request of the soldiers?
(b) Clean water
(c) More food
(d) Pain killers
11. Which of the following is not a location considered by the government for the quarantine location
(a) Old military barracks
(b) An old schoolhouse
(c) An abandoned mental hospital
(d) A supermarket building
12. Of the four corpses that the first ward buries, how many actually slept in the first ward?
13. How does the Doctor know who comes into the quarantine?
(a) He temporarily regains his sight
(b) One of his patients recognizes his voice
(c) His wife tells him
(d) He recognizes his patients' voices
14. Why does the Girl with Dark Glasses' companion abandon her when she goes blind?
(a) He does not want to go blind as well
(b) He has paid for their liaison
(c) She tells him to do so
(d) He had not paid for the hotel room
15. What valuable piece of information does the Doctor's Wife take from the radio?
(a) The time
(b) An update on the number of blind cases reported
(c) The temperture and weather forecast
(d) The news of a new govenment
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the inmates do to pass the time at night?
2. What is the problem with the food at lunch?
3. In what state is the Girl with Dark Glasses when she goes blind?
4. Which two people share a moment of forgiveness in Chapter 5?
5. What is delivered for lunch?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)