|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is kept in the second wing of the asylum?
(a) Blind inmates who are sick or elderly
(b) Medical staff
(c) Family members of the blind
(d) The possibly infected
2. Which of the following is not a location considered by the government for the quarantine location
(a) An abandoned mental hospital
(b) An old schoolhouse
(c) Old military barracks
(d) A supermarket building
3. Which character urinates in his pants?
(a) The Squinting Child
(b) The Doctor
(c) The Thief
(d) The First Man
4. Why does the Girl with Dark Glasses' companion abandon her when she goes blind?
(a) She tells him to do so
(b) He does not want to go blind as well
(c) He has paid for their liaison
(d) He had not paid for the hotel room
5. Why is the Girl with Dark Glasses seeing the Doctor?
(a) Partial Blindness
6. Which group is forced to barricade itseld as the quarantine is flooded with new inmates?
(a) The guards
(b) The first ward
(c) The contaminated
(d) The second ward
7. How do the inmates find their way back to the dormitory after picking up the food?
(a) Counting the paces along the wall
(b) A rope of blankets leading back
(c) A human chain formed from the dormitory to the food
(d) A person calls a signal from the dormitory
8. In the discussion of organizing the first ward, which is not a suggested task to be assigned?
(a) Food distribution
(c) Medical assistance
(d) Bed making
9. What do the inmates do to pass the time at night?
(a) Have sex
(b) Tell stories
(c) Play word games
10. What aggravates the Doctor in his call with the Ministry of Health?
(a) A rude operator
(b) A bad connection
(c) A constant busy signal
(d) A long automated message
11. What is the Doctor pretending to look at when his wife wakes up?
(b) The sunrise
(c) A Mirror
(d) The newspaper
12. To what animal does an anonymous inmate compare her fellow internees at the very end of Chapter 6?
13. What rumor about the government is going around?
(a) The government has been overthrown by a coup
(b) The Minister of Health has resigned
(c) The President has gone blind
(d) A new one is being formed
14. Who is the reader following at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) The First Man's Wife
(b) The Thief
(c) The Doctor
(d) The Girl with Dark Glasses
15. What valuable piece of information does the Doctor's Wife take from the radio?
(a) The temperture and weather forecast
(b) An update on the number of blind cases reported
(c) The time
(d) The news of a new govenment
Short Answer Questions
1. Who pick's up the spade from the soldiers?
2. Which of the following characters are not in the Doctor's waiting room?
3. Why isn't the First Man's wife home?
4. Of the four corpses that the first ward buries, how many actually slept in the first ward?
5. Who escorts the Thief home?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)