|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the second ward finally do in Chapter 8?
(a) Return the food stolen in Chapter 7
(b) Clean the toilets
(c) Bury their dead
(d) Elect a ward leader
2. Why is the Girl with Dark Glasses seeing the Doctor?
(a) Partial Blindness
3. To what animal does an anonymous inmate compare her fellow internees at the very end of Chapter 6?
4. What does the government ask families to do as the epidemic spreads faster?
(a) Keep their blind indoors
(b) Burn the belongings of any blind family members
(c) Personally deliver their blind to quarantine locations
(d) KIll their blind immediately
5. Why do two inmates in the first ward fight?
(a) One took the other's watch
(b) One slept with the other's wife
(c) One has been hording food
(d) One took the other's bed
6. Who is the reader following at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) The Thief
(b) The Girl with Dark Glasses
(c) The Doctor
(d) The First Man's Wife
7. What does the Ministry of Health require of the Doctor?
(a) His consultation
(b) His eyes for analysis
(c) His medical files
(d) His equipment
8. To what part of a car does the Doctor compare the eyes?
9. What is the Girl with Dark Glasses' profession?
(b) Sales Clerk
10. Of the four corpses that the first ward buries, how many actually slept in the first ward?
11. How does the Thief die?
(a) He is shot
(b) He bleeds to death
(c) He hangs himself
(d) He dies from gangrene
12. What do the soldiers pour on the blind Thief's blood?
(b) Sulphuric Acid
(c) Hot Water
13. Why does the Girl with Dark Glasses' companion abandon her when she goes blind?
(a) He has paid for their liaison
(b) She tells him to do so
(c) He had not paid for the hotel room
(d) He does not want to go blind as well
14. Which of the following is not an item the Doctor's wife packs for quarantine?
15. A crash of what type of vehicle requires the Minister of Transportation to issue releases about the epidemic?
(a) A train
(b) A bus
(c) An airplane
(d) A series of cars
Short Answer Questions
1. To what animal does the Doctor's Wife compare the blind inmates?
2. How many inmates from each ward collect the food at mealtime?
3. Which of the following is not among the objects that internees saw immediately before going blind?
4. What does the Doctor do when he discovers he is blind?
5. What are the inmates instructed to do after eating meals?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)