|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who severely wounds the Thief?
(a) The Girl with Dark Glasses
(b) The Doctor's Wife
(c) The First Man
(d) A Soldier
2. To what animal does an anonymous inmate compare her fellow internees at the very end of Chapter 6?
3. Before the soldiers provide a spade, what do the inmates use to try to bury the Thief?
(a) A dustbin lid
(b) An iron bar
(c) Plastic spoons
(d) Their hands
4. How does the Doctor describe the whiteness of First Man's blindness?
5. In the discussion of organizing the first ward, which is not a suggested task to be assigned?
(a) Bed making
(b) Food distribution
(c) Medical assistance
6. What is the Doctor pretending to look at when his wife wakes up?
(a) The sunrise
(b) A Mirror
(c) The newspaper
7. Who is forced to assist in the goading forward of new internees?
(a) The officers at the gate
(b) Internees of the second ward
(c) The transport drivers
(d) Local homeowners
8. Why does the Thief believe he is in his dire situation?
(a) He helped the First Man home
(b) He allowed himself to be taken to quarantine
(c) He molested the Girl with Dark Glasses
(d) He stole the First Man's car
9. How long does it take the government to round up the known blind for quarantine?
(a) Ten days
(b) Less than a day
(c) One week
(d) Two days
10. What is the problem with the food at lunch?
(a) It never arrives
(b) It has spoiled
(c) There is not enough of it
(d) It is uncooked
11. How many inmates from each ward collect the food at mealtime?
12. How does the Doctor's Wife gain access to quarantine?
(a) She pays off the driver
(b) She says she is blind
(c) She follows the ambulance
(d) She begs an attandant
13. Which character urinates in his pants?
(a) The First Man
(b) The Thief
(c) The Squinting Child
(d) The Doctor
14. What item does an anonymous person wish was around near the end of Chapter 8?
(a) A bouquet of flowers
(b) A hand-fan
(c) A mop
(d) A guitar
15. What do the inmates do before burying their dead?
(a) Mop the central hallway
(b) Administer last rights
(d) Eat lunch
Short Answer Questions
1. What valuable piece of information does the Doctor's Wife take from the radio?
2. What rumor about the government is going around?
3. Why do the inmates collecting the food start shouting out the entrance?
4. Which of the following is not an item the Doctor's wife packs for quarantine?
5. Where is the First Man when he goes blind?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)