|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the second ward finally do in Chapter 8?
(a) Elect a ward leader
(b) Bury their dead
(c) Clean the toilets
(d) Return the food stolen in Chapter 7
2. How long does it take the government to round up the known blind for quarantine?
(a) Two days
(b) One week
(c) Ten days
(d) Less than a day
3. How does the Doctor describe the whiteness of First Man's blindness?
4. Which two people share a moment of forgiveness in Chapter 5?
(a) The Thief and the First Man
(b) The Doctor and his Wife
(c) The Thief and the Girl with Dark Glasses
(d) The Doctor and the Girl with Dark Glasses
5. Who comes to the First Man's aid after he goes blind?
(a) The Thief
(b) The Doctor
(c) The Girl with Dark Glasses
(d) His Wife
6. What is the doctor's diagnosis to explain the First Man's blindness?
(a) None of the above
(b) Retinal injury
(d) Complications involving diabetes
7. How many inmates are ordered to take away the Thief's body?
8. What does the Doctor's Wife find in a cupboard in the quarantine?
(b) Old towels and tissue paper
(c) A dead animal
(d) Tins of milk
9. Who is not among the first group of inmates to arrive in quarantine?
(a) The First Man's Wife
(b) The Squinting Child
(c) The First Man
(d) The Girl with Dark Glasses
10. To what part of a car does the Doctor compare the eyes?
11. What is the problem with the food at lunch?
(a) It has spoiled
(b) It never arrives
(c) There is not enough of it
(d) It is uncooked
12. What does the Girl with Dark Glasses bring to the quarantine in her handbag?
(a) A flask
(b) Her eyedrops
(c) A knife
(d) A hand mirror
13. How many inmates from each ward collect the food at mealtime?
14. What does the First Man use to dress his wounded hand?
(a) A handkerchief
(b) A shirt
(d) A towel
15. In the discussion of organizing the first ward, which is not a suggested task to be assigned?
(a) Medical assistance
(b) Bed making
(c) Food distribution
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the inmates instructed to do after eating meals?
2. What item does an anonymous person wish was around near the end of Chapter 8?
3. A crash of what type of vehicle requires the Minister of Transportation to issue releases about the epidemic?
4. Who severely wounds the Thief?
5. Who is forced to assist in the goading forward of new internees?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)