|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of the four corpses that the first ward buries, how many actually slept in the first ward?
2. Before the soldiers provide a spade, what do the inmates use to try to bury the Thief?
(a) A dustbin lid
(b) Plastic spoons
(c) Their hands
(d) An iron bar
3. Who is not among the first group of inmates to arrive in quarantine?
(a) The Squinting Child
(b) The First Man
(c) The Girl with Dark Glasses
(d) The First Man's Wife
4. Which newly blind character arrives in the first ward at the end of the chapter?
(a) The Man with the eye patch
(b) The Thief's Wife
(c) The Sergeant
(d) The Hotel Clerk
5. What is stolen from the Chronicler as he types his accounts
(a) A piece of bread
(b) A cup of cold coffee
(c) His inkstrips
(d) His watch
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the soldiers not shoot the blind inmates as they flee the quarantine?
2. What does the Doctor do when he discovers he is blind?
3. How does the Doctor know who comes into the quarantine?
4. What aggravates the Doctor in his call with the Ministry of Health?
5. One of the Thugs is blind from birth - not from the epidemic. What is he called by his cohorts?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)