|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 9, approximately how many internees are in quarantine?
(a) Three hundred and fifty
(b) Three hundred
(c) Two hundred and forty
(d) One hundred and eighty
2. Which of the following is not a career of an arriving inmate?
(a) Taxi driver
(b) Hotel maid
(c) Shop clerk
3. What ridiculous suggestion does one inmate make after the Thugs steal the food rations?
(a) Asking the guards for more food
(b) Asking to join the Thugs
(c) Stealing the food back
(d) Calling the police
4. How many inmates are ordered to take away the Thief's body?
5. What do two men returning from the Thugs warn the first warders not to do?
(a) Hide anything
(b) Talk back
(c) Make any sudden moves
(d) Drop anything
Short Answer Questions
1. One of the Thugs is blind from birth - not from the epidemic. What is he called by his cohorts?
2. What do the inmates do immediately after escaping the burning asylum?
3. Who is not a part of the group that walks to the city with the Doctor's Wife?
4. What is the first useful item that the Doctor's Wife finds in the grocery storeroom?
5. Which of the following social niceties has not disappeared from society in this chapter?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)