Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Chapter 1 Abstract
* The First Man goes blind in his car.
* The Thief drives the First Man home in the First Man's car.
* The First Man's Wife returns home to find him blind.
* The Doctor examines the First Man's eyes, finding nothing wrong with them.
Chapter 2 Abstract
* The Thief steals the First Man's car and goes blind...
This section contains 1,000 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)