|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jane feel about the accusation that she is manipulative?
2. What was Trevor arrested for while he was staying in the Tang Dynasty?
3. How old was Eve's daughter, Bonnie, when she was murdered?
4. How old was Mike, the boy that Jane stole food for as a child?
5. What does Jane say that she is seeking from Trevor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Jane and Trevor discuss during their secret meeting in the woods?
2. What happens after Jane passes her driving test with flying colors?
3. What does Trevor say happened on the day that he broke his leg?
4. Who is Carrie Brockman?
5. How does Aldo lure Jane into the woods on the night of the attack?
6. What does Eve learn about Caroline Halliburton from the detective named Christy?
7. How does Jane respond to the news that she must stay under police surveillance?
8. How does Jane rationalize the fact that Trevor chose not to inform the family of the danger she might be in?
9. What reaction does Eve have to Jane's resemblance, and how does she feel about Joe's emotions?
10. Why does Trevor call Bartlett after he goes missing from the hotel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the text of the novel, Jane burgeons on an inappropriate relationship with the detective, Trevor. Explain what each character, both Jane and Trevor, stood to gain from this personal relationship, and then explain why Jane's parents, and others, found the relationship inappropriate.
Essay Topic 2
Jane's dreams function to draw her closer to the killer. Describe the recurring dream that Jane has throughout the novel, and explain what it means when she gradually gains control over the information in the dreams.
Essay Topic 3
Bartlett proves to be a perfect foil for Trevor in the pursuit of Aldo. Compare / contrast the personalities of the two men in the novel, and explain why they proved to be perfect partners when working together.
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)