|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a feeling that Jane has while she is experiencing her nightmare?
2. How do Eve and Joe react to the knowledge that Trevor has been monitoring Jane?
3. What did Cira's husband build in honor of his wife?
4. For what company was Joe working before he transferred to the detective job in Calhoun?
5. Who is Jane accused of manipulating to get her way?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Trevor wakes Jane up after she has fallen asleep on the porch swing?
2. Why does Eve take Jane to the mall?
3. What does Aldo send to Jane in the mail, and what is her response?
4. What reaction does Eve have to Jane's resemblance, and how does she feel about Joe's emotions?
5. What new information does Christy uncover about Trevor?
6. What does Aldo's encounter with Janis the prostitute lead detectives to believe?
7. Why does Trevor purchase a statue of Cira from a dealer?
8. What does Jane learn about Cira's relationship with Antonio from her recurring dream?
9. What does Bartlett argue is Trevor's real reason for tracking Aldo?
10. What is a vomitorium?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the novel, Jane struggles to trust Trevor, one of her only allies, just as Cira struggled to trust Antonio. Compare / contrast the lack of trust that both women had toward their men, and then explain how each of the women came to conquer her fears with trust.
Essay Topic 2
There were many murders that took place in the course of the novel. Explain the characteristics of the murders and why the police believed that they were tracking a serial killer rather than different murderers for the crimes.
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the novel, Aldo makes many threats against Jane and her family. Create a list of the threats Aldo made against Jane and her family, and then explain how each of these threats helped to strengthen Jane before her final encounter with Aldo in the tunnels.
This section contains 1,585 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)