Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Trevor think will happen if he makes a mistake with Aldo?
2. Where is Aldo stabbed when Jane lunges toward her dog?
3. In what country does Mark Trevor live?
4. How many of the cases Mark Trevor sent over have victims that resemble Jane?
5. What did Aldo sell in order to obtain his fake identification documents?
Short Essay Questions
1. What precautions does Trevor put into place to protect Jane in the vomitorium?
2. What do Joe and Eve discuss when they realize the resemblance Jane has to Ruth?
3. How does Jane meet Antonio?
4. How does Jane begin to search for more information about Cira and Herculaneum?
5. How does Trevor rationalize the obsession that Aldo has for Cira?
6. Who is Cira?
7. What does Eve learn about Caroline Halliburton from the detective named Christy?
8. What is a vomitorium?
9. In Jane's dream, what did Julius ask of Antonio, and what was his reaction?
10. What happens after Jane passes her driving test with flying colors?
Essay Topic 1
Bartlett proves to be a perfect foil for Trevor in the pursuit of Aldo. Compare / contrast the personalities of the two men in the novel, and explain why they proved to be perfect partners when working together.
Essay Topic 2
There were many murders that took place in the course of the novel. Explain the characteristics of the murders and why the police believed that they were tracking a serial killer rather than different murderers for the crimes.
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the novel, Jane struggles to trust Trevor, one of her only allies, just as Cira struggled to trust Antonio. Compare / contrast the lack of trust that both women had toward their men, and then explain how each of the women came to conquer her fears with trust.
This section contains 1,583 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)