|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Besides the state that Janis' body was found in, what other state harbors a body that could be tied to Aldo after he leaves Georgia?
2. What interesting communication is happening at Eve's house while Joe is away investigating?
3. Why was Trevor arrested four years earlier while living in Rome?
4. Which of the following references does Jane NOT use while searching for information on Herculaneum?
5. Where is Janis' body found?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jane rationalize the fact that Trevor chose not to inform the family of the danger she might be in?
2. How does Aldo lure the police away from Jane, and what is Joe's response?
3. How does Jane begin to search for more information about Cira and Herculaneum?
4. What does Jane worry about as the number of Aldo's victims continues to increase?
5. What does Trevor say happened on the day that he broke his leg?
6. What is Eve's reaction to the gift Aldo sends to Jane in the mail?
7. What happens after Jane passes her driving test with flying colors?
8. What information does Trevor give to Eve about the serial killer and his whereabouts?
9. How did Bartlett and Trevor come to be partners?
10. What do Joe and Eve discuss when they realize the resemblance Jane has to Ruth?
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the novel, Aldo makes many threats against Jane and her family. Create a list of the threats Aldo made against Jane and her family, and then explain how each of these threats helped to strengthen Jane before her final encounter with Aldo in the tunnels.
Essay Topic 2
There were many murders that took place in the course of the novel. Explain the characteristics of the murders and why the police believed that they were tracking a serial killer rather than different murderers for the crimes.
Essay Topic 3
Eve spends a majority of the novel struggling with her role as a mother in both Bonnie and Jane's lives. Explain why Eve questioned her ability to be a good mother to her daughters, and then explain how she used Jane's situation to gain more confidence in her mothering abilities.
This section contains 1,643 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)