|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Eve asks about the tunnel in her dream, what is Jane's response?
2. What interesting communication is happening at Eve's house while Joe is away investigating?
3. How many of Trevor's parents are alive to this day?
4. In what country was Trevor born?
5. What does Aldo steal in order to search the Internet unnoticed?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Aldo lure Jane into the woods on the night of the attack?
2. Why does Mark Trevor reach out and contact Christy Lollack?
3. What does Joe learn from Mark Trevor during their last phone conversation on the night Bonnie visits Eve?
4. What does Bonnie say to Eve during her visit by the lake?
5. What information does Trevor give to Eve about the serial killer and his whereabouts?
6. When the reader first meets Jane, what nightmare is she having?
7. How does Trevor rationalize the obsession that Aldo has for Cira?
8. What reaction does Eve have to Jane's resemblance, and how does she feel about Joe's emotions?
9. What does Jane see when she wades out of the lake and arrives at the attack site?
10. What does Jane worry about as the number of Aldo's victims continues to increase?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many of Aldo's problems stemmed from his disturbed childhood. Write a brief timeline of events that happened in Aldo's childhood, and explain how that childhood led him to an obsession with Cira and the women who look like her.
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the novel, Jane struggles to trust Trevor, one of her only allies, just as Cira struggled to trust Antonio. Compare / contrast the lack of trust that both women had toward their men, and then explain how each of the women came to conquer her fears with trust.
Essay Topic 3
It becomes clear to the reader that Cira plays a large role in shaping the serial killer, Aldo. Explain who Cira is and why Aldo has such an unquenchable obsession with her.
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)