|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Joe respond to the theories Trevor presents about the serial killer while they are outside the hotel?
2. Why does Joe chide Eve in their discussion of Jane's recurring dreams?
3. Where did Caroline Halliburton work?
4. How old was Mike, the boy that Jane stole food for as a child?
5. Which of the following is NOT a message that Bonnie delivers to Eve during their visit?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jane rationalize the fact that Trevor chose not to inform the family of the danger she might be in?
2. Why does Trevor call Bartlett after he goes missing from the hotel?
3. What is a vomitorium?
4. What does Bartlett argue is Trevor's real reason for tracking Aldo?
5. How does Aldo escape from the attack scene?
6. Who is Lucy?
7. In Jane's dream, what did Julius ask of Antonio, and what was his reaction?
8. What does Trevor say happened on the day that he broke his leg?
9. How does Joe know that Mark Trevor has been lying to him?
10. When the reader first meets Jane, what nightmare is she having?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
All three of the main female characters in this novel, Eve, Jane, and Cira, have trust issues with the men in their lives. Compare / contrast the relationships between these three women and their men, and then explain how trust has become an issue in each of the relationships.
Essay Topic 2
It becomes clear to the reader that Cira plays a large role in shaping the serial killer, Aldo. Explain who Cira is and why Aldo has such an unquenchable obsession with her.
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the novel, Jane struggles to trust Trevor, one of her only allies, just as Cira struggled to trust Antonio. Compare / contrast the lack of trust that both women had toward their men, and then explain how each of the women came to conquer her fears with trust.
This section contains 1,599 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)