|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eve decide to name the woman whose skull she is reconstructing?
2. In what country does Mark Trevor live?
3. In which state is the prostitute Janis murdered?
4. Besides the state that Janis' body was found in, what other state harbors a body that could be tied to Aldo after he leaves Georgia?
5. What is missing from the woman's body when the detectives find her?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jane meet Antonio?
2. Why does Mark Trevor reach out and contact Christy Lollack?
3. How does Aldo lure Jane into the woods on the night of the attack?
4. Who is Carrie Brockman?
5. What new information does Christy uncover about Trevor?
6. How does Jane rationalize the fact that Trevor chose not to inform the family of the danger she might be in?
7. What does Joe learn from Mark Trevor during their last phone conversation on the night Bonnie visits Eve?
8. What does Joe believe Aldo is doing in the hopes of throwing the police off his scent?
9. How does Aldo escape from the attack scene?
10. How does Jane begin to search for more information about Cira and Herculaneum?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
All three of the main female characters in this novel, Eve, Jane, and Cira, have trust issues with the men in their lives. Compare / contrast the relationships between these three women and their men, and then explain how trust has become an issue in each of the relationships.
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the novel, Aldo makes many threats against Jane and her family. Create a list of the threats Aldo made against Jane and her family, and then explain how each of these threats helped to strengthen Jane before her final encounter with Aldo in the tunnels.
Essay Topic 3
It becomes clear to the reader that Cira plays a large role in shaping the serial killer, Aldo. Explain who Cira is and why Aldo has such an unquenchable obsession with her.
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)