|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Mike, the boy that Jane stole food for as a child?
2. Which of the following is NOT a feeling that Jane has while she is experiencing her nightmare?
3. Who is Jane accused of manipulating to get her way?
4. Which of the following describes Aldo's hair?
5. What is Aldo's last name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Trevor call Bartlett after he goes missing from the hotel?
2. What does Joe learn from Mark Trevor during their last phone conversation on the night Bonnie visits Eve?
3. How does Jane begin to search for more information about Cira and Herculaneum?
4. What does Trevor say happened on the day that he broke his leg?
5. What does Aldo's encounter with Janis the prostitute lead detectives to believe?
6. Who is Cira?
7. How does Jane respond to the news that she must stay under police surveillance?
8. How does Trevor rationalize the obsession that Aldo has for Cira?
9. What does Jane learn about Cira's relationship with Antonio from her recurring dream?
10. What does Eve believe may be happening during Jane's recurring dreams of being chased?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Bartlett proves to be a perfect foil for Trevor in the pursuit of Aldo. Compare / contrast the personalities of the two men in the novel, and explain why they proved to be perfect partners when working together.
Essay Topic 2
Jane's dreams function to draw her closer to the killer. Describe the recurring dream that Jane has throughout the novel, and explain what it means when she gradually gains control over the information in the dreams.
Essay Topic 3
For Eve, the loss of Bonnie plays a huge role in the way that she treats Jane. Explain the circumstances surrounding Bonnie's death, and then explain how the loss of her daughter shaped the way that Eve began to treat and protect Jane.
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)