|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jane give the police to help them in their search for Trevor?
2. Where does Eve leave the reconstructed skull so that Jane cannot get at it?
3. Where is Aldo stabbed when Jane lunges toward her dog?
4. Where is Eve sitting when Bonnie's ghost comes to visit with her?
5. When Jane finally tells Eve about her dreams, what beverage are she and Eve drinking on the porch?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Eve believe may be happening during Jane's recurring dreams of being chased?
2. What does Jane see when she wades out of the lake and arrives at the attack site?
3. After Aldo skips town, what interesting occurence happens in Eve's house, and how do she and Jane rationalize it?
4. What does Joe learn from Mark Trevor during their last phone conversation on the night Bonnie visits Eve?
5. How does Jane respond to the news that she must stay under police surveillance?
6. What does Bonnie say to Eve during her visit by the lake?
7. What reaction does Eve have to Jane's resemblance, and how does she feel about Joe's emotions?
8. What does Jane learn about Cira's relationship with Antonio from her recurring dream?
9. How does Jane meet Antonio?
10. How does Aldo lure Jane into the woods on the night of the attack?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the novel, Jane is seventeen years old and just beginning to realize her own sexuality. Compare / contrast the worries that Jane has about men in the beginning of the novel and the end of the novel. Then explain how Jane's relationship with Trevor prompted her emotional and romantic transition from girlhood to womanhood.
Essay Topic 2
There were many murders that took place in the course of the novel. Explain the characteristics of the murders and why the police believed that they were tracking a serial killer rather than different murderers for the crimes.
Essay Topic 3
Fire proves to be an important thematic element in the novel. Choose two examples of times when fire was a present force in the scenes, and explain what fire symbolized in the plot between Trevor, Jane, and Aldo.
This section contains 924 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)