|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Cira do for a living?
2. What is missing from the woman's body when the detectives find her?
3. In which state is the prostitute Janis murdered?
4. Who stops Jane on her way into the woods to ask if everything is okay?
5. What characteristic of herself is Jane worried may be lost?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Cira?
2. What do Jane and Trevor discuss during their secret meeting in the woods?
3. What does Joe believe Aldo is doing in the hopes of throwing the police off his scent?
4. What does Trevor say happened on the day that he broke his leg?
5. How does Jane begin to search for more information about Cira and Herculaneum?
6. What does Jane worry about as the number of Aldo's victims continues to increase?
7. Why does Mark Trevor reach out and contact Christy Lollack?
8. Who is Carrie Brockman?
9. How does Aldo escape from the attack scene?
10. How do Jane and Eve respond to the news that Trevor has gone missing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the novel, Aldo makes many threats against Jane and her family. Create a list of the threats Aldo made against Jane and her family, and then explain how each of these threats helped to strengthen Jane before her final encounter with Aldo in the tunnels.
Essay Topic 2
All three of the main female characters in this novel, Eve, Jane, and Cira, have trust issues with the men in their lives. Compare / contrast the relationships between these three women and their men, and then explain how trust has become an issue in each of the relationships.
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the text of the novel, Jane burgeons on an inappropriate relationship with the detective, Trevor. Explain what each character, both Jane and Trevor, stood to gain from this personal relationship, and then explain why Jane's parents, and others, found the relationship inappropriate.
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)