Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Trevor think will happen if he makes a mistake with Aldo?
2. Where is Aldo stabbed when Jane lunges toward her dog?
3. In what country does Mark Trevor live?
4. How many of the cases Mark Trevor sent over have victims that resemble Jane?
5. What did Aldo sell in order to obtain his fake identification documents?
Short Essay Questions
1. What precautions does Trevor put into place to protect Jane in the vomitorium?
2. What do Joe and Eve discuss when they realize the resemblance Jane has to Ruth?
3. How does Jane meet Antonio?
4. How does Jane begin to search for more information about Cira and Herculaneum?
5. How does Trevor rationalize the obsession that Aldo has for Cira?
6. Who is Cira?
7. What does Eve learn about Caroline Halliburton from the detective named Christy?
8. What is a vomitorium?
9. In Jane's dream, what did Julius ask of Antonio, and what was his reaction?
10. What happens after Jane passes her driving test with flying colors?
Essay Topic 1
Eve spends a majority of the novel struggling with her role as a mother in both Bonnie and Jane's lives. Explain why Eve questioned her ability to be a good mother to her daughters, and then explain how she used Jane's situation to gain more confidence in her mothering abilities.
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the text of the novel, Jane burgeons on an inappropriate relationship with the detective, Trevor. Explain what each character, both Jane and Trevor, stood to gain from this personal relationship, and then explain why Jane's parents, and others, found the relationship inappropriate.
Essay Topic 3
Aldo's pattern of murder differed during each of his killings. Choose two of Aldo's victims and explain how each of their murders gave the reader deeper insight into Aldo's character and what his true desires toward women were.
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)