|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Trevor think will happen if he makes a mistake with Aldo?
2. How does Jane feel about the possibility that Trevor is the serial killer?
3. Where does Jane suspect Aldo is from?
4. What does Aldo steal in order to search the Internet unnoticed?
5. What part of Ruth's case is Trevor obsessed with?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Eve respond to Trevor when he first arrives to their house?
2. Why does Mark Trevor reach out and contact Christy Lollack?
3. What happens after Jane passes her driving test with flying colors?
4. What does Joe learn from Mark Trevor during their last phone conversation on the night Bonnie visits Eve?
5. Who is Cira?
6. Who is Carrie Brockman?
7. During their second phone call, what information about Trevor's childhood does Christy reveal?
8. After Aldo skips town, what interesting occurence happens in Eve's house, and how do she and Jane rationalize it?
9. What do Jane and Trevor discuss during their secret meeting in the woods?
10. How does Jane respond to the news that she must stay under police surveillance?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
All three of the main female characters in this novel, Eve, Jane, and Cira, have trust issues with the men in their lives. Compare / contrast the relationships between these three women and their men, and then explain how trust has become an issue in each of the relationships.
Essay Topic 2
Many of the characters survive their lives by using altered or fake identities. Choose two characters in the novel and explain the false identities that they used, and how those identities allowed them to carry on with the unscrupulous lives they were living.
Essay Topic 3
Cira acts as the central figure for perfect femininity in the novel. Explain why Cira was so sought after, and how her image prompted men and women alike to become obsessed with her. Finally, explain why Cira's ultimate femininity led to her death and downfall.
This section contains 965 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)