|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is on Trevor's criminal record?
2. Where is Eve sitting when Bonnie's ghost comes to visit with her?
3. When Jane sneaks out of the house and into the woods, who is she going to meet?
4. Which of the following describes Aldo's hair?
5. What does Aldo steal in order to search the Internet unnoticed?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jane meet Antonio?
2. What does Aldo's encounter with Janis the prostitute lead detectives to believe?
3. What does Trevor say happened on the day that he broke his leg?
4. After Aldo skips town, what interesting occurence happens in Eve's house, and how do she and Jane rationalize it?
5. What does Joe believe Aldo is doing in the hopes of throwing the police off his scent?
6. What do Jane and Trevor discuss during their secret meeting in the woods?
7. What does Bonnie say to Eve during her visit by the lake?
8. What new information does Christy uncover about Trevor?
9. How does Jane respond to the news that she must stay under police surveillance?
10. Who is Cira?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
All three of the main female characters in this novel, Eve, Jane, and Cira, have trust issues with the men in their lives. Compare / contrast the relationships between these three women and their men, and then explain how trust has become an issue in each of the relationships.
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the text of the novel, Jane burgeons on an inappropriate relationship with the detective, Trevor. Explain what each character, both Jane and Trevor, stood to gain from this personal relationship, and then explain why Jane's parents, and others, found the relationship inappropriate.
Essay Topic 3
Fire proves to be an important thematic element in the novel. Choose two examples of times when fire was a present force in the scenes, and explain what fire symbolized in the plot between Trevor, Jane, and Aldo.
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)