Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Trevor think will happen if he makes a mistake with Aldo?
2. Where is Aldo stabbed when Jane lunges toward her dog?
3. In what country does Mark Trevor live?
4. How many of the cases Mark Trevor sent over have victims that resemble Jane?
5. What did Aldo sell in order to obtain his fake identification documents?
Short Essay Questions
1. What precautions does Trevor put into place to protect Jane in the vomitorium?
2. What do Joe and Eve discuss when they realize the resemblance Jane has to Ruth?
3. How does Jane meet Antonio?
4. How does Jane begin to search for more information about Cira and Herculaneum?
5. How does Trevor rationalize the obsession that Aldo has for Cira?
6. Who is Cira?
7. What does Eve learn about Caroline Halliburton from the detective named Christy?
8. What is a vomitorium?
9. In Jane's dream, what did Julius ask of Antonio, and what was his reaction?
10. What happens after Jane passes her driving test with flying colors?
Essay Topic 1
Mark Trevor is focused on in the first half of the novel as a suspect for the murders. Explain what information is given that leads Joe and Eve to believe that he is the serial killer, and explain how he is finally vindicated of their suspicions.
Essay Topic 2
Both Guido and Aldo spent their lives obsessed with Cira. Explain the obsession that both men had with this woman, and how that obsession affected their lives.
Essay Topic 3
Many of the characters survive their lives by using altered or fake identities. Choose two characters in the novel and explain the false identities that they used, and how those identities allowed them to carry on with the unscrupulous lives they were living.
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)