Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Trevor think will happen if he makes a mistake with Aldo?
2. Where is Aldo stabbed when Jane lunges toward her dog?
3. In what country does Mark Trevor live?
4. How many of the cases Mark Trevor sent over have victims that resemble Jane?
5. What did Aldo sell in order to obtain his fake identification documents?
Short Essay Questions
1. What precautions does Trevor put into place to protect Jane in the vomitorium?
2. What do Joe and Eve discuss when they realize the resemblance Jane has to Ruth?
3. How does Jane meet Antonio?
4. How does Jane begin to search for more information about Cira and Herculaneum?
5. How does Trevor rationalize the obsession that Aldo has for Cira?
6. Who is Cira?
7. What does Eve learn about Caroline Halliburton from the detective named Christy?
8. What is a vomitorium?
9. In Jane's dream, what did Julius ask of Antonio, and what was his reaction?
10. What happens after Jane passes her driving test with flying colors?
For Eve, the loss of Bonnie plays a huge role in the way that she treats Jane. Explain the circumstances surrounding Bonnie's death, and then explain how the loss of her daughter shaped the way that Eve began to treat and protect Jane.
Fire proves to be an important thematic element in the novel. Choose two examples of times when fire was a present force in the scenes, and explain what fire symbolized in the plot between Trevor, Jane, and Aldo.
Many of Aldo's problems stemmed from his disturbed childhood. Write a brief timeline of events that happened in Aldo's childhood, and explain how that childhood led him to an obsession with Cira and the women who look like her.
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)