|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the man that comes to Jane in her recurring dreams?
2. What characteristic of herself is Jane worried may be lost?
3. As Aldo is watching Jane in the lake, what does he vow to do?
4. What does Trevor bring with him when he travels to the United States?
5. What was Trevor arrested for while he was staying in the Tang Dynasty?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Joe and Eve discuss when they realize the resemblance Jane has to Ruth?
2. What new information does Christy uncover about Trevor?
3. How does Jane help Trevor out of the woods, and what is her family's response?
4. What happens after Jane passes her driving test with flying colors?
5. How does Eve respond to Trevor when he first arrives to their house?
6. How does Aldo escape from the attack scene?
7. How does Joe know that Mark Trevor has been lying to him?
8. Who is Carrie Brockman?
9. How does Trevor rationalize the obsession that Aldo has for Cira?
10. What does Eve believe may be happening during Jane's recurring dreams of being chased?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Aldo's pattern of murder differed during each of his killings. Choose two of Aldo's victims and explain how each of their murders gave the reader deeper insight into Aldo's character and what his true desires toward women were.
Essay Topic 2
In the novel, Jane is seventeen years old and just beginning to realize her own sexuality. Compare / contrast the worries that Jane has about men in the beginning of the novel and the end of the novel. Then explain how Jane's relationship with Trevor prompted her emotional and romantic transition from girlhood to womanhood.
Essay Topic 3
Both Guido and Aldo spent their lives obsessed with Cira. Explain the obsession that both men had with this woman, and how that obsession affected their lives.
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)