|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Joe respond to the idea of using Jane as bait to lure Aldo into the open?
(a) He is confused by it.
(b) He is jealous that he didn't think of it.
(c) He is excited by it.
(d) He is against it.
2. What is the name of the magazine where Trevor plans to publish his article and photograph?
(a) "Goddesses and Granite."
(b) "Herculaneum Review."
(c) "Uncovering Truths."
(d) "Archaeology Today."
3. Where do Sontag's student store the coffin that is supposed to contain Cira's body?
(a) In the villa.
(b) In the vomitorium.
(c) In the library.
(d) In one of the tunnels.
4. To whom does Trevor finally admit his attraction to Jane?
(a) To Jane.
(b) To Eve.
(c) To Joe.
(d) To Bartlett.
5. What does Sam Drake do for a living?
(a) He is an editor.
(b) He is an anthropologist.
(c) He is a detective.
(d) He is a busboy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters does Aldo NOT have plans to kill upon returning to Georgia?
2. How many ex-wives does Bartlett have?
3. What color is vesuvianite?
4. Who is Sarah Logan?
5. How does Jane respond to the jewelry received from Aldo?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Trevor acknowledge to himself after he begins watching Jane from the woods?
2. What is a vomitorium?
3. How does Jane feel when she is traveling underground through the tunnels with Trevor?
4. Who is Lucy?
5. How does Jane respond to seeing Aldo enter the vomitorium?
6. What does Bartlett argue is Trevor's real reason for tracking Aldo?
7. Who is Guilia, and how did Eve come into contact with her?
8. What is Eve's reaction to the gift Aldo sends to Jane in the mail?
9. What does Aldo send to Jane in the mail, and what is her response?
10. Why does the family decide to stay in Professor Sontag's villa when they arrive to Italy?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)