|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Under how many feet of volcanic rubble are the artifacts of Cira's day buried?
(a) 50 feet.
(b) 25 feet.
(c) 90 feet.
(d) 10 feet.
2. What does Aldo claim is on his side in the battle against Jane?
3. How long has Professor Herbert Sontag been working on Herculaneum?
(a) Five years.
(b) Fifty years.
(c) Twenty-five years.
(d) Fifteen years.
4. In what type of case does the jewelry from Aldo arrive in?
(a) A paper bag.
(b) A hinged black box.
(c) A brown shipping box filled with packing peanuts.
(d) A velvet pouch.
5. Where did Guilia die?
(a) In an airplane crash.
(b) In a sandpit.
(c) In a marina.
(d) On a freeway.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Jane's dream, who tells Cira to jump away from the molten lava?
2. Where does the waitress that Aldo kills work?
3. In Jane's dream, what causes Cira to begin to bleed?
4. What piece of jewelry does Aldo send to Jane in the mail?
5. How does Jane convince the editor of the anthropology magazine to print her article on Cira?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Guilia, and how did Eve come into contact with her?
2. How does Jane respond to seeing Aldo enter the vomitorium?
3. In Jane's dream, what did Julius ask of Antonio, and what was his reaction?
4. What is a vomitorium?
5. What happens when Trevor wakes Jane up after she has fallen asleep on the porch swing?
6. Why does Trevor purchase a statue of Cira from a dealer?
7. How does Jane feel when she is traveling underground through the tunnels with Trevor?
8. What is Jane's plan to lure Aldo into the open?
9. What is Eve's reaction to the gift Aldo sends to Jane in the mail?
10. What connection does Jane begin to see between Trevor and Antonio?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)