|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the small child's skull that Eve is working on?
2. Which of the following is NOT one of the thoughts that Jane has before falling asleep after she returns from the vomitorium?
(a) The thought that she and Trevor are intellectual equals.
(b) The question of what is so taboo about her relationship with Trevor.
(c) The feeling of Trevor's hand on her cheek.
(d) The fear that Aldo might kill Trevor to spite her.
3. How many guns does Trevor hide in the vomitorium for Jane?
4. What has been left on the floor of the vomitorium to symbolize blood?
(a) A trail of rubies.
(b) A splatter of paint.
(c) A man-made river.
(d) Velvet cloth.
5. When Trevor strokes Jane's face, what does he say to her?
(a) "You're so intelligent."
(b) "You're so scared."
(c) "You're so beautiful."
(d) "You're so young."
6. Where has Jane fallen asleep when Trevor finds her and wakes her?
(a) Rocking in the rowboat.
(b) On the sofa in Eve's study.
(c) On the porch swing.
(d) Against a tree trunk.
7. Under how many feet of volcanic rubble are the artifacts of Cira's day buried?
(a) 50 feet.
(b) 10 feet.
(c) 25 feet.
(d) 90 feet.
8. Where does the family stay once they arrive in Italy?
(a) In a beach house.
(b) In a villa.
(c) In their car.
(d) In a hotel.
9. In Jane's dream, why is Cira wanted dead?
(a) So that she will be immortalized.
(b) So that the world can share her riches.
(c) So that her husband can remarry.
(d) So that no one can possess her beauty.
10. What does Sam Drake do for a living?
(a) He is an anthropologist.
(b) He is a busboy.
(c) He is an editor.
(d) He is a detective.
11. How far away is the mailbox from Jane's house?
(a) One mile.
(b) Right outside the door.
(c) Two miles.
(d) Three miles.
12. How much did the museum pay Eve to reconstruct Guilia's face?
(a) Twenty thousand dollars.
(b) Ten thousand dollars.
(c) One thousand dollars.
13. How does Jane describe the expression on Aldo's face as he enters the vomitorium?
(a) As "evil."
(b) As "gleeful."
(c) As "peaceful."
(d) As "dangerous."
14. How does Jane lure Aldo out of the shadows of the vomitorium?
(a) By crying softly.
(b) By flirting with him.
(c) By taunting him.
(d) By praying.
15. What is inside the coffin, giving it weight?
(b) A skeleton.
(d) Bags of sand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What weapon does Bartlett have in case of emergency with Aldo?
2. In Jane's dream, who tells Cira to jump away from the molten lava?
3. How does Jane witness Aldo entering the vomitorium?
4. Which of the following characters does Aldo NOT have plans to kill upon returning to Georgia?
5. How many men was Cira a mistress to when she was Jane's age in Herculaneum?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)