|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men was Cira a mistress to when she was Jane's age in Herculaneum?
2. To whom does Jane compare Trevor when she decides that she thinks he is a very handsome man?
3. How does Jane describe the expression on Aldo's face as he enters the vomitorium?
(a) As "dangerous."
(b) As "evil."
(c) As "peaceful."
(d) As "gleeful."
4. What weapon does Bartlett have in case of emergency with Aldo?
(a) A shotgun.
(b) A sword.
(c) A whip.
(d) A grenade.
5. Under how many feet of volcanic rubble are the artifacts of Cira's day buried?
(a) 50 feet.
(b) 25 feet.
(c) 10 feet.
(d) 90 feet.
6. How long had the skull of the little girl been missing in Chicago before it was found?
(a) 30 years.
(b) 15 years.
(c) 25 years.
(d) 50 years.
7. How long has Professor Herbert Sontag been working on Herculaneum?
(a) Twenty-five years.
(b) Fifty years.
(c) Fifteen years.
(d) Five years.
8. How does Jane convince the editor of the anthropology magazine to print her article on Cira?
(a) By likening it to Christopher Columbus
(b) By likening it to Ameila Earhart.
(c) By likening it to Indiana Jones.
(d) By likening it to the Lone Ranger.
9. How did Pietro Tatligno die?
(a) Pietro was in the same explosion that killed Guido.
(b) Pietro drown in the Quinn family lake.
(c) Pietro was killed in a car accident.
(d) Pietro was murdered by Aldo.
10. Who does Aldo threaten to kill over the phone with Jane?
(a) Her boyfriend.
(c) Her parents.
(d) Her dog.
11. How does Joe respond to the idea of using Jane as bait to lure Aldo into the open?
(a) He is against it.
(b) He is jealous that he didn't think of it.
(c) He is confused by it.
(d) He is excited by it.
12. In Jane's dream, why is Cira wanted dead?
(a) So that the world can share her riches.
(b) So that she will be immortalized.
(c) So that her husband can remarry.
(d) So that no one can possess her beauty.
13. Where does the family stay once they arrive in Italy?
(a) In a beach house.
(b) In their car.
(c) In a hotel.
(d) In a villa.
14. When Trevor strokes Jane's face, what does he say to her?
(a) "You're so young."
(b) "You're so scared."
(c) "You're so intelligent."
(d) "You're so beautiful."
15. Where has Jane been admitted for college?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jane respond to the jewelry received from Aldo?
2. What time of day does Sontag call Trevor to back out of the con?
3. How does Jane lure Aldo out of the shadows of the vomitorium?
4. How much did the museum pay Eve to reconstruct Guilia's face?
5. Where has Jane fallen asleep when Trevor finds her and wakes her?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)