|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jane respond to the jewelry received from Aldo?
(a) She turns it in to the police.
(b) She wears it.
(c) She stores it in a safebox at the bank.
(d) She throws it away.
2. How did Pietro Tatligno die?
(a) Pietro was in the same explosion that killed Guido.
(b) Pietro was murdered by Aldo.
(c) Pietro was killed in a car accident.
(d) Pietro drown in the Quinn family lake.
3. Under how many feet of volcanic rubble are the artifacts of Cira's day buried?
(a) 10 feet.
(b) 90 feet.
(c) 25 feet.
(d) 50 feet.
4. How far away is the mailbox from Jane's house?
(a) Right outside the door.
(b) Three miles.
(c) Two miles.
(d) One mile.
5. In Jane's dream, who wants Cira dead and her face removed?
6. How long does Trevor think the plan to bait Aldo will take?
(a) Three years.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Three days.
(d) Three months.
7. What piece of jewelry does Aldo send to Jane in the mail?
(a) A ring.
(b) An anklet.
(c) An earring.
(d) A necklace.
8. What has been left on the floor of the vomitorium to symbolize blood?
(a) A splatter of paint.
(b) A trail of rubies.
(c) Velvet cloth.
(d) A man-made river.
9. Where did Guilia die?
(a) On a freeway.
(b) In an airplane crash.
(c) In a sandpit.
(d) In a marina.
10. How much did the museum pay Eve to reconstruct Guilia's face?
(b) Ten thousand dollars.
(c) One thousand dollars.
(d) Twenty thousand dollars.
11. Which pharoah's skull did Eve once work on?
12. How long has Professor Herbert Sontag been working on Herculaneum?
(a) Fifteen years.
(b) Fifty years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Twenty-five years.
13. What cartoon character does Jane think Bartlett reminds her of?
(a) Roger Rabbit.
(b) Bart Simpson.
(c) Winnie the Pooh.
(d) Charlie Brown.
14. How does Jane convince the editor of the anthropology magazine to print her article on Cira?
(a) By likening it to the Lone Ranger.
(b) By likening it to Ameila Earhart.
(c) By likening it to Christopher Columbus
(d) By likening it to Indiana Jones.
15. What is inside the coffin, giving it weight?
(b) Bags of sand.
(d) A skeleton.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Jane compare the cut of the stone while she is examining the ring under a lamplight?
2. Which of the following characters does NOT make the trek out to Italy?
3. Where does the family stay once they arrive in Italy?
4. Where do Sontag's student store the coffin that is supposed to contain Cira's body?
5. How many men was Cira a mistress to when she was Jane's age in Herculaneum?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)