|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Joe admit to not wanting to tell Eve about the resemblance Jane has to Ruth?
(a) Because he doesn't care about Jane's safety.
(b) Because he doesn't want to interfere with Eve's work.
(c) Because he doesn't want to worry Eve.
(d) Because he doesn't believe the resemblance was true.
2. For what company was Joe working before he transferred to the detective job in Calhoun?
(a) For the Green Berets.
(b) For the CIA.
(c) For the FBI.
(d) For the Army.
3. What is the name of the man that comes to Jane in her recurring dreams?
4. Which of the following is NOT a feeling that Jane has while she is experiencing her nightmare?
(a) That she cannot breathe.
(b) That she is lost.
(c) That her life is being cut short.
(d) That she is panicking.
5. Which of the following is NOT a volcano that the ash found at the murder sites could have come from?
(a) Mount Vesuvius.
(b) Mount Rainier.
(c) Mount Krakatoa.
(d) Mount Montserrat
6. How old was Eve's daughter, Bonnie, when she was murdered?
7. Which of the following events does NOT take place in Jane's recurring dream of the tunnel?
(a) The earth shakes.
(b) The earth cracks open.
(c) The earth fills with molten lava.
(d) The earth floods.
8. What is Aldo's last name?
9. In which of the following countries has a murder victim NOT been located?
10. What is on Trevor's criminal record?
(b) Trevor doesn't have a criminal record.
(c) Breaking and entering.
(d) Stalking charges that were dropped.
11. How does Joe respond to the theories Trevor presents about the serial killer while they are outside the hotel?
(a) He is enthralled.
(b) He is terrified.
(c) He is apathetic.
(d) He is confused.
12. What does Jane say that she is seeking from Trevor?
13. What interesting communication is happening at Eve's house while Joe is away investigating?
(a) Unsigned letters arriving in the mail.
(b) Mysterious emails.
(c) Knocking at her back door.
(d) Hang-up phone calls.
14. What is the occupation of the woman that Aldo kills in Maryland?
(a) She is a police cadet.
(b) She is a steel worker.
(c) She is a prostitute.
(d) She is a pediatrician.
15. As Joe is dropping off Trevor to the hotel, who does he get an urgent phone call from?
(a) Police headquarters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Jane's photograph in the newspaper?
2. Where is Janis' body found?
3. How do Eve and Joe react to the knowledge that Trevor has been monitoring Jane?
4. Who is watching Jane approach Toby through the woods?
5. Who is responsible for the hang-up phone calls Eve has been receiving?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)