|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Jane's photograph in the newspaper?
(a) For a speech she gave at school.
(b) For being the one-millionth customer at a shopping superstore.
(c) For winning a dog show.
(d) For running away from home.
2. In which of the following countries has a murder victim NOT been located?
3. How does Jane feel about the accusation that she is manipulative?
(a) She is proud of her manipulative skills.
(b) She is confused by the accusation.
(c) She admits that the skill comes naturally to her.
(d) She is hurt by the belief that she is manipulative.
4. What is the last thing that Jane says to Joe as he heads out of the house with her composite sketch of Aldo?
(a) "I hope he's not after you too."
(b) She gives Joe the silent treatment.
(c) "Be careful."
(d) "I love you."
5. What does Aldo view as a sign for his relationship with Jane?
(a) The sound of Jane's voice.
(b) Where Jane lives.
(c) The color of Jane's hair.
(d) The way Jane walks.
6. When Jane wakes from her dream and reaches for a glass of water, what does she realize is missing from her bedroom?
(a) Her dog.
(b) Her mirror.
(c) Her bed sheets.
(d) Her photographs.
7. What did Cira's husband build in honor of his wife?
(a) A bridge.
(b) A sky scraper.
(c) A fountain.
(d) A library.
8. What does Aldo steal in order to search the Internet unnoticed?
(a) Library cards.
(d) Telephone numbers.
9. What does Eve decide to name the woman whose skull she is reconstructing?
10. What does Scotland Yard say about the email sent to Joe about the killer's move to the US?
(a) They say the email was sent by mistake.
(b) They say they never sent the email.
(c) They say the email never should have been read by Joe.
(d) They say the email was altered by an outside source.
11. What is missing from the woman's body when the detectives find her?
(a) Her clothes.
(b) Her face.
(c) Her teeth.
(d) Her arms.
12. Which of the following references does Jane NOT use while searching for information on Herculaneum?
(a) Her cell phone.
(b) The library reference desk.
(c) The Internet.
(d) Her set of encyclopedias.
13. What does Trevor bring with him when he travels to the United States?
(a) A photograph of the killer.
(b) His shiny gun.
(c) The case files.
(d) His dog, Buster.
14. As Joe is dropping off Trevor to the hotel, who does he get an urgent phone call from?
(c) Police headquarters.
15. When he calls Bartlett, which is NOT a character that Trevor says he has blown it with?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is responsible for the hang-up phone calls Eve has been receiving?
2. Why was Trevor arrested four years earlier while living in Rome?
3. Which of the following is NOT a volcano that the ash found at the murder sites could have come from?
4. How do Eve and Joe react to the knowledge that Trevor has been monitoring Jane?
5. Why does Joe allow Eve to bury the bones of another girl, under the ruse that it is Bonnie?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)