|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Antonio's uncles communicate with?
(a) The growing plants as they walked the fields and orchards.
(b) Prudencio when the apple orchard was ready for harvest.
(c) Their wives about the growing plants.
(d) Maria about Antonio's future as a priest.
2. What happens to Antonio once he eats one of Narcisco's carrots?
(a) He spins and falls down.
(b) He vomits.
(c) He falls asleep.
(d) He screams.
3. What will happen to the villagers of Guadalupe if they continue to sin?
(a) Curandera will curse the village.
(b) The golden carp will die.
(c) The land will sink into the water.
(d) Narcisco's garden will die.
4. What does Cico tell Tony never to do in Chapter 11?
(a) Fish for the black bass.
(b) Eat from Narciso's garden.
(c) Swim in Blue Lake.
(d) Kill the carp.
5. What is special about the homes in El Puerto?
(a) Each has a small flower garden in the front.
(b) Each faces the river.
(c) Each has an apple orchard.
(d) Each has a driveway.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ultima teach Antonio about plants in Chapter 4?
2. What makes Antonio sick to his stomach in Chapter 1?
3. What gesture does Tony make as his brothers tease him?
4. What is the relationship between the owl and la Virgen de Guadalupe?
5. What is the significance of the color black the women wore in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Antonio meet before entering Mass?
2. What role does Ultima's owl play?
3. Describe the ultimatum between Tenorio, his men, Narcisco and Anotnio's father.
4. What is the significance of black and white colors on Antonio's First Communion?
5. What are the customs for the Marez family upon arriving in El Puerto?
6. What is special about the arrival of Ultima into the Marez home?
7. What is the importance of Antonio receiving his First Communion on Easter Sunday?
8. What is the significance of Ultima's blessing before Antonio leaves for school?
9. How did Jason confuse Antonio about making magic?
10. What is the allure of Narcisco's garden?
This section contains 1,043 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)