|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Antonio's mother doing while cooking for his brothers?
(a) Burning incense by the statue of the Virgin.
(b) Praying the rosary.
(c) Crying uncontrollably.
(d) Singing hymns.
2. What do Ultima and Antonio witness while sitting in the shade of the alamos of the river?
(a) The sky adorned with la Virgen de Guadalupe's horned moon.
(b) The owl carrying Lupito's soul.
(c) The river change colors.
(d) The presence with its secret message.
3. What is the significant characteristic of Luna blood?
(a) Luna blood does not clot because no plant could take root.
(b) Luna blood is quiet so that it can listen to the secrets of the earth necessary for planting.
(c) Luna blood runs thick so that plants can take root in the earth.
(d) Luna blood seeps into the earth under the magical sky with a million stars.
4. Where is Pedro going to take Antonio?
(a) El Puerto.
(b) River of the Carp.
(d) Apple orchard.
5. What are the contents of the note Miss Maestas sends to Antonio's mother?
(a) Antonio is progressing well in school.
(b) Antonio needs to read more books.
(c) Antonio is meeting many new friends.
(d) Antonio needs to learn English.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ultima teach Antonio about plants in Chapter 4?
2. What answer does Ultima give Antonio when he asks how his father can take communion after witnessing a man's death?
3. Why does Antonio fear Horse will do to him in the playground before Mass?
4. Why does Antonio's mother look forward to visiting El Puerto?
5. Why is Antonio's father angry with his mother after he spends nights drinking with his friends?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)