|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who pees on the bedroom floor?
2. Craig says that when he first arrived in Michigan, he and Raina were ____.
3. How long was the baby at daycare?
4. Raina says her grades are ____.
5. According to a billboard, ____ is the best fire insurance.
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the presentation of the new bed to Phil and Craig. How do the boys respond?
2. What request does Julie make of Raina?
3. Who is at home to greet Raina and Craig?
4. What poem does Craig composes about Raina as she sleeps?
5. What does Raina say when she talks about Julie and Dave.
6. Explain the incident in which Phil and Craig get into trouble for peeing on the bedroom floor.
7. What is the structure of Raina's family?
8. Explain the scene when Craig and Raina return to the mountain.
9. Judy has regrets about her past and expresses them to Raina. What are Judy's regrets?
10. How does Craig view Raina's popularity?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Craig is faced with a lot of pressure - at home, at church, in school, at parties, and at camp. Throughout it all, Craig manages to stay true to himself as much as possible. Discuss the importance of remaining true to oneself, provides example of how Craig achieved this in the book.
Essay Topic 2
Religion is at the center of the book. Do you think that Thompson addressed the subject appropriately? Is it clear where the author stands on religion? Do you think that the book presents an unbiased view? Is the author "preachy?" Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Church camp gets easier for Craig as he gets older. Examine the atmosphere at camp. Compare it to junior high and high school. Discuss what Craig does to feel a little less isolated. Also discuss the types of people Craig hangs out with and the activities they partake in while at camp.
This section contains 1,071 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)