|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Craig at this point in the story?
2. What kind of car has engine trouble along the way?
3. What item does Craig sleep with?
4. Who pushes the wheelchair?
5. Craig thinks about which great philosopher?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Craig's response to Raina's thoughts?
2. What poem does Craig composes about Raina as she sleeps?
3. Discuss the presentation of the new bed to Phil and Craig. How do the boys respond?
4. What does Raina say when she talks about Julie and Dave.
5. Describe the party held by Raina's friends.
6. Explain the scene when Craig and Raina return to the mountain.
7. Judy has regrets about her past and expresses them to Raina. What are Judy's regrets?
8. What mural is painted on Raina's bedroom wall?
9. How does Craig relate to the stories about Raina's childhood?
10. What is Raina's opinion of the Garden of Eden?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Growing up is an extremely difficult thing to do, particularly when one's beliefs do not match those of parents, friends, and family. Craig has a difficult time during his teen years because of various conflicts. Examine Craig's youth and the difficulties he had to face while growing up. Compare and contrast Craig's difficulties with any that you might face in your personal life.
Essay Topic 2
Religion is at the center of the book. Do you think that Thompson addressed the subject appropriately? Is it clear where the author stands on religion? Do you think that the book presents an unbiased view? Is the author "preachy?" Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Craig and Phil, as children and as adults.
This section contains 1,013 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)