|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Raina and Craig talk about the Garden of Eden. Raina says that the Garden of Eden is nothing but a ____.
2. Which celebrity is featured on Raina's wall when she was in junior high?
3. What type of animal is being hauled in a trailer?
4. How long was the baby at daycare?
5. Raina often ____ while Craig paints.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene that takes place after Steve goes home for the night.
2. What is Raina's opinion of the Garden of Eden?
3. What is Craig's response to Raina's thoughts?
4. Discuss the presentation of the new bed to Phil and Craig. How do the boys respond?
5. What request does Julie make of Raina?
6. What occurs after Craig gets home?
7. Describe the outburst scene between Steve and Ben.
8. What does Raina say when she talks about Julie and Dave.
9. What is the structure of Raina's family?
10. What does Raina say in the car that upsets Craig?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Growing up is an extremely difficult thing to do, particularly when one's beliefs do not match those of parents, friends, and family. Craig has a difficult time during his teen years because of various conflicts. Examine Craig's youth and the difficulties he had to face while growing up. Compare and contrast Craig's difficulties with any that you might face in your personal life.
Essay Topic 2
Church camp gets easier for Craig as he gets older. Examine the atmosphere at camp. Compare it to junior high and high school. Discuss what Craig does to feel a little less isolated. Also discuss the types of people Craig hangs out with and the activities they partake in while at camp.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the relationship between Craig and Raina. What is the common ground for friendship? How does their relationship evolve? Do you think the relationship will ever change drastically? Do you think Craig and Raina will ever see each other again?
This section contains 1,015 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)