|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Raina says she wants to skip going to _____.
2. What does Steve bring home for breakfast?
3. Raina and Craig are _____.
4. Why is Craig often ridiculed?
5. Craig becomes upset when he sees the others doing which of the following:
Short Essay Questions
1. What is special about Christmas break?
2. How does Craig handle being confronted about reading his Bible?
3. Discuss Raina's family.
4. Explain the scene with Raina and Ben in the kitchen.
5. How does the Sunday school teacher describe Heaven?
6. Describe the events at breakfast.
7. How does Craig feel about singing as a form of praise? What else does Craig offer?
8. What is Craig's opinion about what the teacher said?
9. What are Craig's thoughts about Laura and her disability?
10. What are Craig's feelings about Raina when they kiss?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Craig and Phil experienced sexual abuse as young children. Explain why Thompson glosses over the situation and the resulting effects of the abuse. Also discuss the situation and how it affected each character.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Craig and Phil, as children and as adults.
Essay Topic 3
Craig's visit to Michigan changed his life in a number of ways, from learning about a new family to exploring first love. During the stay, Craig says, "When I'd first arrived, we were full of restlessness and enthusiasm - awake to all sensation. The days inbetween wandered aimlessly and blended together - oblivious to any other world" (Chapter 7, p. 379). What had changed from the time Craig arrived until he made that statement? What did Craig learn? How was Craig changed from the experience? How was Raina changed? How might these changes affect each in the future?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)