|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Sunday school teacher talks about:
2. Craig gets into trouble for ____.
3. With whom is Raina having a conversation?
4. Raina says she wants to skip going to _____.
5. The boys complain because they are not permitted to use a ____.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the opening scene with the brothers?
2. What is the result of the boys' argument?
3. What are Craig's thoughts about living?
4. Discuss Raina's family.
5. What activity occurs that makes Craig feel bad about hanging out with Raina and her friends?
6. Describe the events at breakfast.
7. Discuss the meeting between Craig and Raina.
8. Discuss the conversation between Craig and his minister.
9. How does Craig handle being confronted about reading his Bible?
10. Discuss the issues faced by living in an old farmhouse.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Craig's visit to Michigan changed his life in a number of ways, from learning about a new family to exploring first love. During the stay, Craig says, "When I'd first arrived, we were full of restlessness and enthusiasm - awake to all sensation. The days inbetween wandered aimlessly and blended together - oblivious to any other world" (Chapter 7, p. 379). What had changed from the time Craig arrived until he made that statement? What did Craig learn? How was Craig changed from the experience? How was Raina changed? How might these changes affect each in the future?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Craig and Phil, as children and as adults.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Thomspon's use of foreshadowing throughout the book. Give at least three examples of foreshadowing. Give details and the purpose of using the technique. How else could the reader learn about the important information? What other technique might have been used?
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)