|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of house does the family live in?
2. What time does Craig wake up?
3. Raina loves the snow. She makes a _____.
4. Craig tells a story about which of the following?
5. What is the name of the main character's younger brother?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Sunday school teacher describe Heaven?
2. How does Craig feel about singing as a form of praise? What else does Craig offer?
3. How do the boys feel about winter?
4. What is special about Christmas break?
5. Discuss the conversation between Craig and Judy, Raina's mother.
6. What are Craig's thoughts about Laura and her disability?
7. What is the result of the boys' argument?
8. Discuss the conversation between Craig and his minister.
9. Why does Craig hate school?
10. How does Craig handle being confronted about reading his Bible?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Craig and Phil experienced sexual abuse as young children. Explain why Thompson glosses over the situation and the resulting effects of the abuse. Also discuss the situation and how it affected each character.
Essay Topic 2
Church camp gets easier for Craig as he gets older. Examine the atmosphere at camp. Compare it to junior high and high school. Discuss what Craig does to feel a little less isolated. Also discuss the types of people Craig hangs out with and the activities they partake in while at camp.
Essay Topic 3
Growing up is an extremely difficult thing to do, particularly when one's beliefs do not match those of parents, friends, and family. Craig has a difficult time during his teen years because of various conflicts. Examine Craig's youth and the difficulties he had to face while growing up. Compare and contrast Craig's difficulties with any that you might face in your personal life.
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)