|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The kids at school say that Phil looks like he is ______.
2. Steve talks to Craig about which of the following?
3. What object do the boys find outside?
4. What is the name of Raina's sister?
5. What is the name of the main character's younger brother?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss Raina's family.
2. How does the Sunday school teacher describe Heaven?
3. What activity occurs that makes Craig feel bad about hanging out with Raina and her friends?
4. What are Raina's thoughts about static? What is Craig's story?
5. What is the result of the boys' argument?
6. Describe the events at breakfast.
7. What is special about Christmas break?
8. Craig writes a poem as part of a class assignment. Why does Craig get into trouble? What is wrong with the poem?
9. Why does Craig hate school?
10. What are Craig's thoughts about living?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sin is at the forefront of Craig's mind. Many things that Craig thinks about contain an element of sin, from drawing pictures to writing poems to thinking about Raina. Do you think Craig is obsessed with sin? Is Craig sinful? How might Craig deal with these thoughts and feelings that will make him feel better and not be guilty in the eyes of the church and God?
Essay Topic 2
Craig is faced with a lot of pressure - at home, at church, in school, at parties, and at camp. Throughout it all, Craig manages to stay true to himself as much as possible. Discuss the importance of remaining true to oneself, provides example of how Craig achieved this in the book.
Essay Topic 3
Raina tells Craig that her parents adopted Ben and Laura because they felt blessed and lucky and wanted to share their good fortune with someone in need. Discuss this philosophy. Why do you think Steve and Judy chose to adopt kids with Down's syndrome? What did Raina mean when she said that her parents hadn't planned for the long haul? Do you believe in being blessed or lucky? What might happen to Ben and Laura after the divorce?
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)