|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Craig meets a girl named _____.
2. Craig tells a story about which of the following?
3. What is the name of the main character?
4. Who asks Craig for help?
5. Raina says the sermons are ____.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the opening scene with the brothers?
2. How does Craig handle being confronted about reading his Bible?
3. What is special about Christmas break?
4. How does Craig feel about church camp? How do Craig's feelings change over the years?
5. Why does Craig feel guilty about his relationship with Phil?
6. What causes the boys to argue?
7. Discuss the meeting between Craig and Raina.
8. What happens when Craig and Raina find each other in the cafeteria?
9. What are Craig's thoughts about living?
10. What are Craig's feelings about Raina when they kiss?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At the end of the book, Craig is still uncertain about his beliefs. Craig tells Phil that he still believes in God but that there are too many contradictions in the church and the Bible. Examine the conversation between Craig and Phil. What does Craig'discovery regarding the contradictions in church and the Bible and how do they affect his beliefs.
Essay Topic 2
Raina tells Craig that her parents adopted Ben and Laura because they felt blessed and lucky and wanted to share their good fortune with someone in need. Discuss this philosophy. Why do you think Steve and Judy chose to adopt kids with Down's syndrome? What did Raina mean when she said that her parents hadn't planned for the long haul? Do you believe in being blessed or lucky? What might happen to Ben and Laura after the divorce?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the relationship between Craig and Raina. What is the common ground for friendship? How does their relationship evolve? Do you think the relationship will ever change drastically? Do you think Craig and Raina will ever see each other again?
This section contains 953 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)