Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richard need to do to to get the position at the post office?
2. What character working in the hospital basement scares Richard?
3. What is the name of Miss Moss' daughter?
4. What is Shorty's job at the optical shop?
5. Where does Richard wait in line in this chapter?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the whites oppression of black people.
1) In what way could it be said that it was to the whites' benefit that they kept the black people down?
2) How much of the oppression was pure racism and how much was it due to fear?
3) In what way could it be said that the equality has benefited society?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the values of early 20th century America
1) How did the whites view blacks in the early 20th century?
2) What significant changes do you think occurred during this period that changed the way whites viewed blacks?
3) Does today's society share any values with early 20th century America?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the book. Why do you think these themes are so important to the book? How does Wright use character and setting to express his themes?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)