|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Richard find is trying to oust him from his position at the Federal Negro Theater?
(a) The Chicago mayor
(b) The Fascists
(c) The American government
(d) The Communists
2. Who gives Richard a sly smile before Richard leaves work?
(a) Miss Molly
3. Where does Richard meet a young black man?
(a) In a cafe
(b) In a restaurant
(c) On the waterfront
(d) At a watermill
4. What is the name of the John Reed Club magazine?
(a) Left Front
(b) Middle ground
(c) Common ground
(d) Right Front
5. Who does the editorial attack?
(a) H.L. Mencken
(b) Mark Twain
(c) James Dean
(d) William Faulkner
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two characters go to Chicago first?
2. What parade does Richard try to be part of?
3. Why does Richard wait two days before his departure to tell his boss that he is leaving?
4. What reason does Shorty give for not joining Richard?
5. What is Mencken famous as?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)