|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Shorty give for not joining Richard?
(a) He has too many responibilities
(b) He likes the South
(c) He is lazy
(d) He earns a lot of money
2. What does the Party charge Ross with?
(a) Anti-leadership tendencies
(d) A consumerist personality
3. Where does Richard work with restless boys?
(a) West Side Boys' Club
(b) South Side Boys' Club
(c) Gangland North
(d) Happy Homes
4. Why does Richard not find Bess attractive?
(a) She is humorless
(b) She is childish and dull
(c) She is mentally impaired
(d) She is insensitive
5. Who gives Richard a sly smile before Richard leaves work?
(b) Miss Molly
Short Answer Questions
1. What city does Richard arrive at in this chapter?
2. What does the black comrade tell Richard would bolster his credibility?
3. What does Richard need to do to to get the position at the post office?
4. Where do Richard and his friend find bootleg liquor?
5. What is the name of the John Reed Club magazine?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why don't Southern people like it when blacks move to Northern cities?
2. Why does Richard find Chicago so startling?
3. How do Richard's white co-workers in the cafe shock him?
4. Who was Marcus Garvey?
5. Why does Richard want to read H.L Mencken?
6. What problems does Richard face as publicity agent for the Federal Negro Theater?
7. How do the white employers at the optical factory arrange a boxing match between Richard and Harrison?
8. What happens when Richard joins the May Day parade?
9. Why do the black Communists mock Richard?
10. How do the white man and black man use Richard to help them move the liquor?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)