|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What role does Richard get at the Federal Relief Theater?
(a) Casting agent
(b) Publicity agent
(d) Light technician
2. What does Richard need to do to to get the position at the post office?
(a) Buy a suit
(b) Rent an apartment
(d) Put on weight
3. What does the Party charge Ross with?
(a) Anti-leadership tendencies
(d) A consumerist personality
4. What reason does Shorty give for not joining Richard?
(a) He is lazy
(b) He earns a lot of money
(c) He likes the South
(d) He has too many responibilities
5. Who gives Richard a sly smile before Richard leaves work?
(c) Miss Molly
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richard think he needs to build a bridge of?
2. What does Richard say he wants his bridge of words to connect with?
3. Who joins Richard in Memphis?
4. What does Richard say the dogs do silently when they regain consciousness?
5. Who throws Richard out of the May Day parade?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Richard's co-workers react when he tells them he is moving North?
2. How does Richard borrow books from the white library?
3. Why does Richard find Chicago so startling?
4. Why don't Southern people like it when blacks move to Northern cities?
5. Why does Shorty amuse Richard?
6. Who was Marcus Garvey?
7. What problems does Wright find in New York City?
8. What does Richard realize as he stands in line at the relief station?
9. Why do the black Communists mock Richard?
10. How do Richard's white co-workers in the cafe shock him?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)