|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What style of poem does Wright write for the magazine?
(a) A sonnet
(b) A haiku
(c) Free verse
(d) A limerick
2. Who does the editorial attack?
(a) William Faulkner
(b) H.L. Mencken
(c) James Dean
(d) Mark Twain
3. What did Martin Garvey advocate for black Americans?
(c) A return to Africa
(d) A move to Europe
4. What religion is Falk?
(b) Irish Catholic
(d) Irish Protestant
5. What does Richard say he wants his bridge of words to connect with?
(a) The outside world
(b) The white world
(c) The inside world
(d) The black world
Short Answer Questions
1. What city does Richard arrive at in this chapter?
2. What is the name of the drug doctors use to sedate the dogs?
3. Whose teachings do the Garveyites follow?
4. Who does Richard write biographical sketches for?
5. What does Shorty allow a white man to do to him for a quarter?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)