|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Richard write biographical sketches for?
(a) Black political leaders
(b) Black Communists
(c) European leaders
2. Who throws Richard out of the May Day parade?
(a) Two black Communists
(b) The mayor
(c) Two white Communists
(d) Security guards
3. Why does Richard not find Bess attractive?
(a) She is humorless
(b) She is childish and dull
(c) She is insensitive
(d) She is mentally impaired
4. What is Matther's nickname?
(a) Screw loose
5. Whose work does Wright want to read?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Richard's foreman?
2. What do the black Communists brand Wright as?
3. What depresses Wright about Chicago?
4. What does the Party charge Ross with?
5. What role does Richard get at the Federal Relief Theater?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Richard's co-workers react when he tells them he is moving North?
2. What does Richard realize as he stands in line at the relief station?
3. What happens when Richard joins the May Day parade?
4. Why does Richard find Chicago so startling?
5. Why do the black Communists mock Richard?
6. What problems does Wright find in New York City?
7. What problems does Richard face as publicity agent for the Federal Negro Theater?
8. Why does Mrs. Moss end up disgusting Richard?
9. How do the white employers at the optical factory arrange a boxing match between Richard and Harrison?
10. Who was Marcus Garvey?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)