|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Richard say he feels like when a Jewish boy comes in to time how long it takes for him to clean?
(a) A child
(b) An idiot
(c) A slave
2. Who gives Richard a sly smile before Richard leaves work?
(c) Miss Molly
3. Who is the only person among Richard's family in Chicago who does not fall ill?
4. Where does Richard meet a young black man?
(a) In a cafe
(b) In a restaurant
(c) At a watermill
(d) On the waterfront
5. What is Mencken famous as?
(a) A short story writer
(b) An essayist and critic
(c) A novelist
(d) A journalist
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the black Communists brand Wright as?
2. What is the name of Richard's foreman?
3. What does the Party charge Ross with?
4. Why does Richard wait two days before his departure to tell his boss that he is leaving?
5. Whose teachings do the Garveyites follow?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)