|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Matther's nickname?
(c) Screw loose
2. What parade does Richard try to be part of?
(a) St Patrick's Day
(b) May Day
(c) Independence Day
(d) St George Day
3. Which two characters go to Chicago first?
(a) Alan and Maggie
(b) Alan and Ellie
(c) Richard and Alan
(d) Richard and Maggie
4. What religion is Falk?
(c) Irish Catholic
(d) Irish Protestant
5. Where does Richard find work?
(a) A restaurant
(b) A movie theater
(c) A hostel
(d) A delicatessen
Short Answer Questions
1. Who throws Richard out of the May Day parade?
2. What does kind of company does Richard join?
3. What role does Richard get at the Federal Relief Theater?
4. Where does Richard move to?
5. Whose teachings do the Garveyites follow?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the white man and black man use Richard to help them move the liquor?
2. Why do the black Communists mock Richard?
3. How do the white employers at the optical factory arrange a boxing match between Richard and Harrison?
4. Why does Richard want to read H.L Mencken?
5. Why does Bill terrify Richard?
6. What happens when Richard joins the May Day parade?
7. How does Richard borrow books from the white library?
8. What does Richard realize as he stands in line at the relief station?
9. How do Richard's white co-workers in the cafe shock him?
10. Why does Mrs. Moss end up disgusting Richard?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)