|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Richard think he needs to build a bridge of?
2. Who does Richard write biographical sketches for?
(b) Black Communists
(c) European leaders
(d) Black political leaders
3. Who joins Richard in Memphis?
(a) His Uncle Tom
(b) His father
(c) His grandmother
(d) His brother and mother
4. What style of poem does Wright write for the magazine?
(a) A haiku
(b) Free verse
(c) A limerick
(d) A sonnet
5. What is the name of the John Reed Club magazine?
(a) Left Front
(b) Common ground
(c) Right Front
(d) Middle ground
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Martin Garvey advocate for black Americans?
2. Where do the Hoffmans operate their store?
3. What does Richard refuse to accept from a white customer?
4. Why does Richard not find Bess attractive?
5. Where does Richard find work?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Richard's co-workers react when he tells them he is moving North?
2. How does Richard borrow books from the white library?
3. How do the white employers at the optical factory arrange a boxing match between Richard and Harrison?
4. Why does Mrs. Moss end up disgusting Richard?
5. Why do Richard's fellow comrades begins to shun him?
6. Why does Bill terrify Richard?
7. Why does Shorty amuse Richard?
8. What does Richard realize as he stands in line at the relief station?
9. What problems does Wright find in New York City?
10. What happens when Richard joins the May Day parade?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)