|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can Richard now do with his class mates?
(a) Play football
(b) Eat lunch
(c) Tease girls
2. Who does Richard have to write to for help?
(b) His grandma
(c) His father
(d) Uncle Tom
3. What does Richard threaten Addie with at home?
(a) A tomahawk
(b) A gun
(c) An ax
(d) A knife
4. Why does Ella have to stop work?
(a) She is ill
(b) She is pregnant
(c) She wants to spend more time with her children
(d) She has won the lottery
5. What does Richard tell the woman he wants to be?
(a) A scientist
(b) A lawyer
(c) A doctor
(d) A writer
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr Crane want to train Richard in?
2. Who does Richard see beat a black woman?
3. Why does Wright's boss beat the black woman?
4. Where does Ella send her children?
5. Which of the following does Richard set fire to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Richard learn about the brother of one of his classmates?
2. Why does Richard leave his job in the sawmill?
3. Why does Granny beat Richard with a wet towel?
4. Why does Richard threaten Addie with a knife in Chapter 4?
5. Why does Richard hang the kitten?
6. How does Richard cut his ear?
7. Why does Richard dislike his job with the white family?
8. What does Wright think about his writing career in retrospect?
9. What does Richard eat for his meals in Jackson?
10. Why does Richard continue working for the second white family, even though he dislikes them?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)