|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does one of the workers show Richard to demonstrate how dangerous working at the sawmill can be?
(a) His missing fingers
(c) The worker's graveyard
(d) Hospital reports
2. Who does Granny inform that Richard has seen an angel?
(a) Her congregation
(b) A radio station
(c) Richard's mother
3. What kind of animal bites Richard?
4. What does Richard use to make deliveries?
(b) A motorbike
(c) A car
(d) A bicycle
5. What does Richard tell the woman he wants to be?
(a) A scientist
(b) A doctor
(c) A lawyer
(d) A writer
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the white youths smash into Richard's face?
2. What do Wright and his co workers do to steal $200?
3. What kind of church does Richard attend with his mother?
4. How does Griggs know Richard?
5. Who are Richard's friends hostile towards?
Short Essay Questions
1. What advice does Grigg offer Richard?
2. How does Richard's boss respond when Richard tells him he was bitten by his dog?
3. What happens between the white security guard and Richard in Chapter 10?
4. What problems does Wright find in New York City?
5. Why does Granny beat Richard with a wet towel?
6. What does Richard do after he has read his speech at graduation?
7. Why don't Southern people like it when blacks move to Northern cities?
8. What does Richard do to raise money to move away from the South?
9. Why does Richard threaten Addie with a knife in Chapter 4?
10. Why does Mrs. Moss end up disgusting Richard?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)