|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Richard do in the hotel?
(a) Works on reception
(b) Mops floors
(c) Empties bins
(d) Cleans rooms
2. What city does Alan move to?
(c) New York
3. How does Griggs know Richard?
(a) He is an old housemate
(b) He is a former classmate
(c) He is an ex colleague
(d) His is a cousin
4. Who does Richard see beat a black woman?
(a) His boss' wife
(b) His boss
(c) His brother
(d) The mayor
5. What kind of animal bites Richard?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the book the school teacher is reading?
2. Why does Richard's boss fire him?
3. Where does Richard work the following summer?
4. In what way does Richard think thievery is encouraged?
5. Why does Granny refuse to pay for Richard's school books?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why can Richard not keep his promise to his mother not to fight white children?
2. How does Richard's ability to read and write help him in Chapter 3?
3. How do Pease and Reynolds treat Richard at the optical factory?
4. What does Richard think about the popular contention that black people lead passionate, emotional lives?
5. What does Richard learn about the brother of one of his classmates?
6. What does Richard do to raise money to move away from the South?
7. Why does Richard fight his Uncle Tom?
8. Why does Richard develop a bitter association between his father and hunger?
9. Why does Richard leave his job in the sawmill?
10. What job does Richard find in Chapter 5?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)