|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who beats Richard until he loses consciousness?
(a) His grandma
(b) His father
(c) His mother
(d) The sheriff
2. When does the policeman say Richard should not make deliveries to white neighborhoods?
(a) The weekend
(b) The weekdays
(c) In the morning
(d) After dark
3. Who does Richard say he is more interested in than the church elder's words?
(a) Coca cola
(b) The elder's train set
(c) The elder's wife
4. What does Richard neglect to call one of the white youths?
5. What kind of animal bites Richard?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wright do after he gives his speech?
2. What does Richard threaten Addie with at home?
3. On what level does religion interest Richard?
4. How does Griggs know Richard?
5. What does Richard use to make deliveries?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Richard develop a bitter association between his father and hunger?
2. Why does Richard get baptized in Chapter 6?
3. Where does Richard first find his love for books?
4. How does Richard cut his ear?
5. Why does Richard fight his Uncle Tom?
6. What does Richard do to raise money to move away from the South?
7. Why does Richard threaten Addie with a knife in Chapter 4?
8. Why does Richard continue working for the second white family, even though he dislikes them?
9. How do Pease and Reynolds treat Richard at the optical factory?
10. What does Richard do after he has read his speech at graduation?
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)