|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the whites kill the black boy?
(a) He spoke out of turn to his boss
(b) He walked into a white cafe
(c) He stole money
(d) He was consorting with a white prostitute
2. Where does the piece of glass cut Richard?
(a) On the nose
(b) On the neck
(c) Behind the ear
(d) On the back of his knee
3. What is the title of the short story that Richard writes?
(a) The Voodoo of Hell's Half-Acre
(b) Black Boys in Wonderland
(c) Feeling Low is a Normal Feeling For Me
(d) Garden Wars
4. What does Richard threaten Addie with at home?
(a) An ax
(b) A tomahawk
(c) A knife
(d) A gun
5. What does Richard's mother think will happen if people think Richard has a weak mind?
(a) People will bully him
(b) He will end up in an institution
(c) People will take advantage
(d) He won't get a job
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richard's boss offer him in the storeroom?
2. What can Richard now do with his class mates?
3. Where is Richard going when the boys rob him?
4. What does Ella work as?
5. Who beats Richard until he loses consciousness?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why can Richard not keep his promise to his mother not to fight white children?
2. What advice does Grigg offer Richard?
3. What does Richard do to raise money to move away from the South?
4. Why does Richard develop a bitter association between his father and hunger?
5. Why does Richard get baptized in Chapter 6?
6. What mistake does Granny make at the end of Chapter 4?
7. How does Richard respond when his principal demands that he reads his speech for graduation?
8. What does Richard do after he has read his speech at graduation?
9. What does Richard think about the popular contention that black people lead passionate, emotional lives?
10. Why does Richard think racism encourages theft?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)