Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the job include?
(a) Sleeping quarters
(b) Free meals
(c) Free clothes
(d) Free baths
2. What is the title of the short story that Richard writes?
(a) Black Boys in Wonderland
(b) The Voodoo of Hell's Half-Acre
(c) Garden Wars
(d) Feeling Low is a Normal Feeling For Me
3. Where does Nathan work as a night porter?
(b) A hotel
(c) Drug store
(d) A hostel
4. Who does the family spend time with on the way to Arkansas?
(b) James McFadden
(c) Uncle Tom
(d) Auntie Joan
5. What does Richard pawn in this chapter?
(a) A guitar
(c) A gun
(d) A diamond
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aunt Addie accuse Richard of eating?
2. What does Wright say he would have done if he had known there were so many obstacles to overcome as a writer?
3. What do Wright and his co workers do to steal $200?
4. What does Richard reason that an honest living would lead to?
5. What does Richard do in the hotel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Richard want to read H.L Mencken?
2. Why does Richard get baptized in Chapter 6?
3. Why don't Southern people like it when blacks move to Northern cities?
4. Where does Richard first find his love for books?
5. Why does Richard continue working for the second white family, even though he dislikes them?
6. How do Pease and Reynolds treat Richard at the optical factory?
7. Why do Richard's fellow comrades begins to shun him?
8. What does Richard think about the popular contention that black people lead passionate, emotional lives?
9. What happens when Richard makes a delivery to a white neighborhood in Chapter 9?
10. Who was Marcus Garvey?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)