|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Richard hesitate in engaging in thievery in the hotel?
(a) It is immoral
(b) It is not work the risk
(c) He earns enough
(d) He likes his boss
2. Where is Richard making a delivery to when a policeman stops him?
(a) A white neighborhood
(b) His boss' house
(c) A black neighborhood
(d) A rich neighborhood
3. Which of the following does Richard set fire to?
4. What kind of church does Richard attend with his mother?
5. What does one of the workers show Richard to demonstrate how dangerous working at the sawmill can be?
(a) The worker's graveyard
(c) Hospital reports
(d) His missing fingers
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ella work as?
2. Where does the piece of glass cut Richard?
3. What is the name of Maggie's husband?
4. What does Richard's mother arm him with to attack the boys?
5. What does Richard start selling to earn money?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Granny injure herself in Chapter 5?
2. What does Richard do to raise money to move away from the South?
3. How does Richard burn down his grandparents' house?
4. What does the family decide is the best way to care for Richard and his brother?
5. What mistake does Granny make at the end of Chapter 4?
6. Why does Richard dislike his job with the white family?
7. What does Richard do after he has read his speech at graduation?
8. What happens between the white security guard and Richard in Chapter 10?
9. Why can Richard not believe in God?
10. What does Richard do with the money he steals?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)