|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What information that Richard gives Uncle Tom does Uncle Tom say is not accurate?
(a) The time
(b) The date
(c) The title of his book
(d) His homework task
2. Who does the family spend time with on the way to Arkansas?
(b) Auntie Joan
(c) James McFadden
(d) Uncle Tom
3. What does Richard's mother think will happen if people think Richard has a weak mind?
(a) He will end up in an institution
(b) People will bully him
(c) People will take advantage
(d) He won't get a job
4. Who does Granny inform that Richard has seen an angel?
(a) Richard's mother
(b) Her congregation
(d) A radio station
5. Where does the piece of glass cut Richard?
(a) On the back of his knee
(b) On the nose
(c) Behind the ear
(d) On the neck
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richard do when his employers mock him for wanting to become a writer?
2. What does one of the workers show Richard to demonstrate how dangerous working at the sawmill can be?
3. What does Richard say he has to see to believe in God?
4. What do Granny and Addie give up their efforts to do?
5. What kind of hat do the two boys knock off Richard's head?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Richard's mother punish him for burning down the house?
2. Why does Richard leave his job in the sawmill?
3. Where does Richard first find his love for books?
4. How does Richard's boss respond when Richard tells him he was bitten by his dog?
5. How do Pease and Reynolds treat Richard at the optical factory?
6. What happens between the white security guard and Richard in Chapter 10?
7. How do people respond to Richard's ambitions to become a writer in Chapter 7?
8. Why does Richard develop a bitter association between his father and hunger?
9. What does Richard do with the money he steals?
10. How does Richard cut his ear?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)