|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Maggie live?
(a) New York
2. Who does the family spend time with on the way to Arkansas?
(a) James McFadden
(b) Uncle Tom
(d) Auntie Joan
3. In what way is Richard related to Maggie?
(a) Her half brother
(b) Her step brother
(c) Her uncle
(d) Her nephew
4. What do Granny and Addie give up their efforts to do?
(a) Save Richard's soul
(b) Find a husband
(c) Fight for the end of segregation
(d) Find work
5. Which of the following do the gangs not use as weapons?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does one of the workers show Richard to demonstrate how dangerous working at the sawmill can be?
2. Where does Nathan work as a night porter?
3. Who does Richard start working for?
4. Where does RIchard want to move to?
5. Where does the piece of glass cut Richard?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the schoolteacher have to move out of Granny's house?
2. What happens when Richard gets a flat tire on his bicycle?
3. What does Richard eat for his meals in Jackson?
4. What does Richard do with the money he steals?
5. What mistake does Granny make at the end of Chapter 4?
6. How does Richard's mother punish him for burning down the house?
7. What happens when Richard makes a delivery to a white neighborhood in Chapter 9?
8. Why does Granny beat Richard with a wet towel?
9. Why does Richard threaten Addie with a knife in Chapter 4?
10. What does Richard do after he has read his speech at graduation?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)