|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Richard afraid Crane and Pease will do if he tells his boss?
(a) Maime him
(b) Set fire to his house
(c) Drive him out of town
(d) Kill him
2. Where are the newspaper's printed?
(a) Los Angeles
(c) San Francisco
(d) New York
3. What does Wright do after he gives his speech?
(a) Turns his back on the crowd
(b) Gives a black power salute
(d) Walks away
4. What does one boy claim gonorrhea is?
(b) The devil's curse
(c) A mark of manhood
(d) A white man's disease
5. How does Richard help Granny to request money from her relatives?
(a) Blackmails them
(b) Visits them
(c) Writes letters
(d) Sends telegrams
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of school does Richard enter?
2. What can Richard now do with his class mates?
3. What does Richard do when his employers mock him for wanting to become a writer?
4. What does Richard borrow from the schoolteacher's room?
5. What does Richard's mother think will happen if people think Richard has a weak mind?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Richard's fellow comrades begins to shun him?
2. How do the white employers at the optical factory arrange a boxing match between Richard and Harrison?
3. Why does Mrs. Moss end up disgusting Richard?
4. How do Richard's co-workers react when he tells them he is moving North?
5. How do the white man and black man use Richard to help them move the liquor?
6. What mistake does Granny make at the end of Chapter 4?
7. Why can Richard not believe in God?
8. How does Richard's ability to read and write help him in Chapter 3?
9. What happens when Richard joins the May Day parade?
10. What does Richard do to raise money to move away from the South?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)