|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Richard learn that the whites have killed?
(a) The brother of a housemate
(b) His father
(c) A second uncle
(d) His brother
2. Who does Richard choose to live with?
(a) Aunt Maggie
(c) Uncle Clark
(d) Aunt May
3. What happens to Richard's bike when he is making a delivery in this chapter?
(a) Its pedals fall off
(b) Its frame snaps
(c) Its wheel buckles
(d) It gets a flat tire
4. Who writes a speech for Wright to read at his graduation?
(a) The governor
(b) Miss Harper
(c) The principal
(d) His brother
5. Where do Richard and his family move to after the house burns down?
(c) New York
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ella work as?
2. What does Richard's mother force him to do with the dead kitten?
3. Who does Richard see beat a black woman?
4. What does Nathan work as?
5. What does Richard like about his job selling newspapers?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Richard first find his love for books?
2. Why does Richard get baptized in Chapter 6?
3. Why does Richard fight his Uncle Tom?
4. What happens when Richard gets a flat tire on his bicycle?
5. What happens when Richard makes a delivery to a white neighborhood in Chapter 9?
6. Why does Richard think racism encourages theft?
7. What mistake does Granny make at the end of Chapter 4?
8. Why does Richard stop selling the newspaper?
9. What advice does Grigg offer Richard?
10. How do Pease and Reynolds treat Richard at the optical factory?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)