|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Richard suffer from in Granny's house at night?
(c) Crying fits
2. Who does Granny inform that Richard has seen an angel?
(a) Richard's mother
(c) A radio station
(d) Her congregation
3. What does Richard see in the storeroom on the floor?
4. Who does Richard say he is more interested in than the church elder's words?
(a) The elder's train set
(c) The elder's wife
(d) Coca cola
5. How does Richard help Granny to request money from her relatives?
(a) Blackmails them
(b) Writes letters
(c) Visits them
(d) Sends telegrams
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Richard's bike when he is making a delivery in this chapter?
2. What is Richard afraid Crane and Pease will do if he tells his boss?
3. What kind of weapon does Richard hide under his pillow?
4. What does Richard like about his job selling newspapers?
5. What does Richard vow never to do again?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Richard makes a delivery to a white neighborhood in Chapter 9?
2. Where does Richard first find his love for books?
3. Why does Richard dislike his job with the white family?
4. How do people respond to Richard's ambitions to become a writer in Chapter 7?
5. How does Richard's boss respond when Richard tells him he was bitten by his dog?
6. Why does Granny beat Richard with a wet towel?
7. Why does Richard stop selling the newspaper?
8. Why does Richard develop a bitter association between his father and hunger?
9. How does Richard cut his ear?
10. What does Richard think about the popular contention that black people lead passionate, emotional lives?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)