|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what way does Richard think thievery is encouraged?
(a) Bosses would rather have dishonest workers
(b) Bosses hit their workers
(c) Bosses rarely pay wages
(d) Bosses tempt the workers
2. What information that Richard gives Uncle Tom does Uncle Tom say is not accurate?
(a) The time
(b) The title of his book
(c) His homework task
(d) The date
3. What does Richard work as during the summer?
(a) A bible salesman
(b) A newspaper boy
(c) A baseball scorer
(d) A water boy and brick gatherer
4. Where does Ella send her children?
(b) A boarding school
(c) An orphanage
(d) A detention center
5. What does Richard's mother arm him with to attack the boys?
(a) A gun
(b) A stick
(c) A whip
(d) A tomahawk
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the newspaper's printed?
2. On what level does religion interest Richard?
3. Why does Richard hesitate in engaging in thievery in the hotel?
4. What does Granny forbid in her house?
5. What do Granny and Addie give up their efforts to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Richard makes a delivery to a white neighborhood in Chapter 9?
2. What does Richard think about the popular contention that black people lead passionate, emotional lives?
3. Why does Richard get baptized in Chapter 6?
4. Why does the schoolteacher have to move out of Granny's house?
5. Why does Richard think racism encourages theft?
6. How does Richard's ability to read and write help him in Chapter 3?
7. What mistake does Granny make at the end of Chapter 4?
8. What happens when Richard joins the May Day parade?
9. What does Richard do to raise money to move away from the South?
10. Why does Mrs. Moss end up disgusting Richard?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)