|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the newspaper's printed?
(a) Los Angeles
(c) San Francisco
(d) New York
2. What does Mr Crane want to train Richard in?
(b) Coffee making
(d) Book binding
3. Who does Richard have to write to for help?
(a) His grandma
(c) His father
(d) Uncle Tom
4. Which of the following do the gangs not use as weapons?
5. What does Richard refuse from his neighbors?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richard tell the woman he wants to be?
2. What kind of church does Richard attend with his mother?
3. What is the name of Richard's brother?
4. How does Richard kill the kitten?
5. Why does Richard's boss fire him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Richard's mother punish him for burning down the house?
2. What does Richard do to raise money to move away from the South?
3. What does Richard learn about the brother of one of his classmates?
4. What does Richard eat for his meals in Jackson?
5. What awkward question does Richard's prospective white employer ask him?
6. Why does Richard think Grandpa is so bitter?
7. Why does Richard threaten Addie with a knife in Chapter 4?
8. How do people respond to Richard's ambitions to become a writer in Chapter 7?
9. How does Granny injure herself in Chapter 5?
10. How does Richard cut his ear?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)