|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Richard's boss fire him?
(a) He is always reading
(b) He does not like his silent disapproval
(c) He thinks he steals money
(d) He is always late
2. Who does Granny inform that Richard has seen an angel?
(a) Her congregation
(c) A radio station
(d) Richard's mother
3. Who does Richard start working for?
(a) A Jewish family
(b) The American post office
(c) A white family
(d) The local library
4. Who moves in with the family in this chapter?
(a) Uncle Tom
(b) Aunt Edie
(c) Uncle David
(d) Brother Formby
5. Why does Ella have to stop work?
(a) She wants to spend more time with her children
(b) She is pregnant
(c) She has won the lottery
(d) She is ill
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are Richard's friends hostile towards?
2. What does Granny think Richard has said?
3. What does Richard refuse from his neighbors?
4. Where did the black boy work?
5. What does Granny do when Richard complains about her restrictions?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the schoolteacher have to move out of Granny's house?
2. How does Granny injure herself in Chapter 5?
3. How does Richard's boss respond when Richard tells him he was bitten by his dog?
4. What does Richard learn about the brother of one of his classmates?
5. Why does Richard think racism encourages theft?
6. How does Richard cut his ear?
7. How does Richard respond when his principal demands that he reads his speech for graduation?
8. Why does Richard continue working for the second white family, even though he dislikes them?
9. Why does Richard leave his job in the sawmill?
10. Why does Richard think Grandpa is so bitter?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)