Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Richard need to do to to get the position at the post office?
(a) Put on weight
(b) Buy a suit
(d) Rent an apartment
2. What character working in the hospital basement scares Richard?
3. What is the name of Miss Moss' daughter?
4. What is Shorty's job at the optical shop?
(a) Toilet cleaner
(b) Lens maker
(c) Elevator man
(d) Floor mopper
5. Where does Richard wait in line in this chapter?
(a) The relief station
(b) The post office
(c) The paper store
(d) The grocery store
6. Which two characters go to Chicago first?
(a) Alan and Ellie
(b) Alan and Maggie
(c) Richard and Alan
(d) Richard and Maggie
7. What is Bill's favorite phrase?
(a) Let us all start over again
(b) Watch your back Jack
(c) Hang em all
(d) Brain drain
8. What does Richard say he wants his bridge of words to connect with?
(a) The black world
(b) The outside world
(c) The white world
(d) The inside world
9. Who is the only person among Richard's family in Chicago who does not fall ill?
10. What does Richard tell his black comrade he does for a living?
(a) Sweeps roads
(c) Empties bins
(d) Writes books
11. What does Richard refuse to accept from a white customer?
(b) A present
12. What event causes Richard to lose a lot of his hours at the post office?
(a) The First World War
(b) The Vietnam War
(c) The Great Depression
(d) The Second World War
13. What political party are many of Richard's friends members of?
(a) The Communist party
(b) The Black Panthers
(c) The Democratic party
(d) The Fascist party
14. What religion is Falk?
(a) Irish Protestant
(b) Irish Catholic
15. What is the name of Richard's foreman?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Matther's nickname?
2. What is the name of the John Reed Club magazine?
3. Where does Richard find work?
4. What does kind of company does Richard join?
5. What is Wright fearful of doing at work?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)