|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Shorty allow a white man to do to him for a quarter?
(a) Kick him
(b) Kiss him
(c) Hit him
(d) Push him over
2. Where do Richard and his friend find bootleg liquor?
(a) Floating on the water
(b) In a patch of weeds
(c) Under floorboards
(d) In a sand pit
3. What do the black Communists brand Wright as?
(a) A snob
(b) An intellectual
(c) An Uncle Tom
(d) A worker
4. What is Wright fearful of doing at work?
(a) Making a mistake
(b) Offending the whites
(d) Giving in to stealing
5. What is the name of the drug doctors use to sedate the dogs?
6. What is Shorty willing to do for money?
(a) Demean himself
(c) Put himself in danger
7. Where does Richard find work?
(a) A delicatessen
(b) A movie theater
(c) A hostel
(d) A restaurant
8. Which two characters go to Chicago first?
(a) Richard and Maggie
(b) Alan and Maggie
(c) Richard and Alan
(d) Alan and Ellie
9. Who does Richard write biographical sketches for?
(a) Black political leaders
(b) European leaders
(d) Black Communists
10. What political party are many of Richard's friends members of?
(a) The Fascist party
(b) The Democratic party
(c) The Black Panthers
(d) The Communist party
11. Why does Richard wait two days before his departure to tell his boss that he is leaving?
(a) To get more money
(b) To help him find someone else
(c) To minimize the fricton
(d) To annoy him
12. What is the name of the John Reed Club magazine?
(a) Left Front
(b) Common ground
(c) Middle ground
(d) Right Front
13. What is Bill's favorite phrase?
(a) Let us all start over again
(b) Brain drain
(c) Hang em all
(d) Watch your back Jack
14. What character working in the hospital basement scares Richard?
15. What religion is Falk?
(a) Irish Protestant
(b) Irish Catholic
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Party charge Ross with?
2. Who throws Richard out of the May Day parade?
3. What is Ross facing legal prosecution for?
4. Whose teachings do the Garveyites follow?
5. Where do the Hoffmans operate their store?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)