|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What parade does Richard try to be part of?
(a) St Patrick's Day
(b) Independence Day
(c) May Day
(d) St George Day
2. What does the Party charge Ross with?
(a) Anti-leadership tendencies
(d) A consumerist personality
3. What character working in the hospital basement scares Richard?
4. Why does Richard wait two days before his departure to tell his boss that he is leaving?
(a) To get more money
(b) To help him find someone else
(c) To annoy him
(d) To minimize the fricton
5. What political party are many of Richard's friends members of?
(a) The Communist party
(b) The Fascist party
(c) The Democratic party
(d) The Black Panthers
6. Where does Richard wait in line in this chapter?
(a) The grocery store
(b) The post office
(c) The paper store
(d) The relief station
7. Who does Richard write biographical sketches for?
(a) Black Communists
(b) Black political leaders
(c) European leaders
8. What is the name of the magazine H. L. Mencken edits?
(a) Where the Buffalo Roam
(b) Lets Love
(c) American Buffalo
(d) American Mercury
9. What does Richard say he wants his bridge of words to connect with?
(a) The white world
(b) The outside world
(c) The inside world
(d) The black world
10. What does Shorty allow a white man to do to him for a quarter?
(a) Kick him
(b) Kiss him
(c) Push him over
(d) Hit him
11. Where does Richard move to?
(c) Los Angeles
12. Whose work does Wright want to read?
13. What is Matther's nickname?
(c) Screw loose
14. Who joins Richard in Memphis?
(a) His grandmother
(b) His Uncle Tom
(c) His father
(d) His brother and mother
15. Where do the Hoffmans operate their store?
(a) The city center
(b) A railway station
(c) A whites only neighborhood
(d) A metro station
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richard need to do to to get the position at the post office?
2. What does Richard refuse to accept from a white customer?
3. Where does Richard work with restless boys?
4. What is the name of Miss Moss' daughter?
5. What does kind of company does Richard join?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)