|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Richard think he needs to build a bridge of?
2. Where does Richard find work?
(a) A delicatessen
(b) A movie theater
(c) A hostel
(d) A restaurant
3. What does Shorty allow a white man to do to him for a quarter?
(a) Kick him
(b) Kiss him
(c) Push him over
(d) Hit him
4. Who does Richard write biographical sketches for?
(a) European leaders
(c) Black political leaders
(d) Black Communists
5. Where does Young's identification state he has escaped from?
(a) A mental institution
(c) A chain gang
6. Where does Richard move to?
(c) Los Angeles
7. What does Yound accuse Swann of being?
(a) A journalist
(b) A Fascist
(c) A police collaborator
(d) A government spy
8. What does Wright borrow from Falk?
(a) His jeans
(b) His credit card
(c) His passport
(d) His library card
9. What is Shorty's job at the optical shop?
(a) Floor mopper
(b) Toilet cleaner
(c) Elevator man
(d) Lens maker
10. What religion is Falk?
(a) Irish Catholic
(c) Irish Protestant
11. What is the name of Miss Moss' daughter?
12. What does Richard say the dogs do silently when they regain consciousness?
13. Who is the only person among Richard's family in Chicago who does not fall ill?
14. Why does Richard wait two days before his departure to tell his boss that he is leaving?
(a) To annoy him
(b) To get more money
(c) To minimize the fricton
(d) To help him find someone else
15. What does Richard say he wants his bridge of words to connect with?
(a) The inside world
(b) The outside world
(c) The black world
(d) The white world
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richard say he feels like when a Jewish boy comes in to time how long it takes for him to clean?
2. Why does Richard not find Bess attractive?
3. What event causes Richard to lose a lot of his hours at the post office?
4. What is Mencken famous as?
5. Which two characters go to Chicago first?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)