|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the Hoffmans operate their store?
(a) A metro station
(b) A whites only neighborhood
(c) The city center
(d) A railway station
2. What is the name of Richard's foreman?
3. Which two characters go to Chicago first?
(a) Richard and Alan
(b) Alan and Ellie
(c) Richard and Maggie
(d) Alan and Maggie
4. What city does Richard arrive at in this chapter?
(c) New York
(d) Los Angeles
5. What does Wright borrow from Falk?
(a) His credit card
(b) His passport
(c) His library card
(d) His jeans
6. Where does Richard work with restless boys?
(a) Gangland North
(b) South Side Boys' Club
(c) West Side Boys' Club
(d) Happy Homes
7. Where does RIchard take a job?
(a) An optical shop
(b) A cafe
(c) A cake shop
(d) A bomb factory
8. What does the Party charge Ross with?
(a) A consumerist personality
(c) Anti-leadership tendencies
9. What reason does Shorty give for not joining Richard?
(a) He has too many responibilities
(b) He is lazy
(c) He earns a lot of money
(d) He likes the South
10. Where does Young's identification state he has escaped from?
(c) A chain gang
(d) A mental institution
11. What does Yound accuse Swann of being?
(a) A journalist
(b) A Fascist
(c) A police collaborator
(d) A government spy
12. What did Martin Garvey advocate for black Americans?
(a) A return to Africa
(d) A move to Europe
13. Whose work does Wright want to read?
14. Where does Richard find work?
(a) A hostel
(b) A movie theater
(c) A restaurant
(d) A delicatessen
15. Where do Richard and his friend find bootleg liquor?
(a) In a sand pit
(b) In a patch of weeds
(c) Floating on the water
(d) Under floorboards
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richard say he wants his bridge of words to connect with?
2. What does the black comrade tell Richard would bolster his credibility?
3. What does Richard think he needs to build a bridge of?
4. Who does the editorial attack?
5. What event causes Richard to lose a lot of his hours at the post office?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)