|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wright borrow from Falk?
(a) His library card
(b) His credit card
(c) His jeans
(d) His passport
2. Why does Richard wait two days before his departure to tell his boss that he is leaving?
(a) To annoy him
(b) To get more money
(c) To help him find someone else
(d) To minimize the fricton
3. What is Mencken famous as?
(a) A short story writer
(b) An essayist and critic
(c) A journalist
(d) A novelist
4. What is the name of Richard's new landlady?
(c) Miss Taylor
(d) Mrs. Moss
5. Where does Richard find work?
(a) A movie theater
(b) A restaurant
(c) A hostel
(d) A delicatessen
6. What reason does Shorty give for not joining Richard?
(a) He has too many responibilities
(b) He is lazy
(c) He earns a lot of money
(d) He likes the South
7. What does kind of company does Richard join?
(a) A phone company
(b) A television company
(c) An insurance agency
(d) A optics company
8. What does Shorty allow a white man to do to him for a quarter?
(a) Kiss him
(b) Hit him
(c) Kick him
(d) Push him over
9. What event causes Richard to lose a lot of his hours at the post office?
(a) The Great Depression
(b) The Vietnam War
(c) The First World War
(d) The Second World War
10. Whose teachings do the Garveyites follow?
(a) Charles Darwin
(b) James Garvey
(c) Malcolm X
(d) Marvin Garvey
11. What does Richard refuse to accept from a white customer?
(c) A present
12. Who gives Richard a sly smile before Richard leaves work?
(a) Miss Molly
13. What did Martin Garvey advocate for black Americans?
(a) A move to Europe
(d) A return to Africa
14. What character working in the hospital basement scares Richard?
15. What does Richard need to do to to get the position at the post office?
(a) Put on weight
(b) Buy a suit
(c) Rent an apartment
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Richard move to?
2. What is the name of the drug doctors use to sedate the dogs?
3. What is the name of the John Reed Club magazine?
4. What parade does Richard try to be part of?
5. What does the black comrade tell Richard would bolster his credibility?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)