|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What character working in the hospital basement scares Richard?
2. Whose work does Wright want to read?
3. What is Ross facing legal prosecution for?
(b) Attempted murder
4. What does Richard refuse to accept from a white customer?
(c) A present
5. What role does Richard get at the Federal Relief Theater?
(a) Light technician
(b) Casting agent
(c) Publicity agent
6. What is Mencken famous as?
(a) An essayist and critic
(b) A novelist
(c) A short story writer
(d) A journalist
7. What political party are many of Richard's friends members of?
(a) The Black Panthers
(b) The Democratic party
(c) The Fascist party
(d) The Communist party
8. What does kind of company does Richard join?
(a) A optics company
(b) A phone company
(c) A television company
(d) An insurance agency
9. What do the black Communists brand Wright as?
(a) An Uncle Tom
(b) A worker
(c) A snob
(d) An intellectual
10. Who does the editorial attack?
(a) William Faulkner
(b) Mark Twain
(c) James Dean
(d) H.L. Mencken
11. What city does Richard arrive at in this chapter?
(b) Los Angeles
(c) New York
12. What is the name of the magazine H. L. Mencken edits?
(a) American Mercury
(b) Lets Love
(c) American Buffalo
(d) Where the Buffalo Roam
13. Where does Richard move to?
(c) Los Angeles
14. What is Shorty willing to do for money?
(a) Demean himself
(c) Put himself in danger
15. What depresses Wright about Chicago?
(a) The traffic
(b) The racism
(c) The industrial landscape
(d) The rudeness of the people
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wright borrow from Falk?
2. What does the Party charge Ross with?
3. What is Bill's favorite phrase?
4. Who does Richard write biographical sketches for?
5. Why does Richard not find Bess attractive?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)