|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Pease and Reynolds refuse to train Richard on the optic machines?
(a) They need training themselves
(b) It is white man's work
(c) People should not need to be trained
(d) They are too dangerous
2. What is the title of the short story that Richard writes?
(a) Black Boys in Wonderland
(b) The Voodoo of Hell's Half-Acre
(c) Feeling Low is a Normal Feeling For Me
(d) Garden Wars
3. What does Granny think Richard has said?
(a) He believes in the devil
(b) He has found God
(c) He has seen a naked woman
(d) He has seen an angel
4. What does Granny forbid in her house?
(a) Devil stuff
(d) White women
5. What does the job include?
(a) Sleeping quarters
(b) Free clothes
(c) Free meals
(d) Free baths
6. What kind of church does Richard attend with his mother?
7. Who does Richard have to write to for help?
(a) His father
(c) Uncle Tom
(d) His grandma
8. What does Richard use to make deliveries?
(a) A motorbike
(c) A car
(d) A bicycle
9. Who does Richard start working for?
(a) The local library
(b) A Jewish family
(c) The American post office
(d) A white family
10. What do Wright and his co workers do to steal $200?
(a) Sell drugs
(b) Sell alcohol
(c) Re-sell tickets
11. What does Richard work as during the summer?
(a) A baseball scorer
(b) A newspaper boy
(c) A bible salesman
(d) A water boy and brick gatherer
12. Who moves in with the family in this chapter?
(a) Uncle Tom
(b) Uncle David
(c) Brother Formby
(d) Aunt Edie
13. What happens to Richard's bike when he is making a delivery in this chapter?
(a) It gets a flat tire
(b) Its pedals fall off
(c) Its frame snaps
(d) Its wheel buckles
14. Why did the whites kill the black boy?
(a) He walked into a white cafe
(b) He stole money
(c) He spoke out of turn to his boss
(d) He was consorting with a white prostitute
15. Where do Richard and his family move to after the house burns down?
(b) New York
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richard's boss say a dog's bite cannot hurt?
2. What kind of school does Richard start attending?
3. What information that Richard gives Uncle Tom does Uncle Tom say is not accurate?
4. What do Granny and Addie give up their efforts to do?
5. What does Richard vow never to do again?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)