|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following do the gangs not use as weapons?
2. What city does Alan move to?
(c) New York
3. Which of the following does Richard set fire to?
4. What do Granny and Addie give up their efforts to do?
(a) Find work
(b) Find a husband
(c) Save Richard's soul
(d) Fight for the end of segregation
5. What does Richard start selling to earn money?
(a) Life insurance
6. What does Richard's mother think will happen if people think Richard has a weak mind?
(a) People will take advantage
(b) He will end up in an institution
(c) He won't get a job
(d) People will bully him
7. What is Richard afraid Crane and Pease will do if he tells his boss?
(a) Maime him
(b) Drive him out of town
(c) Kill him
(d) Set fire to his house
8. Who is Granny renting a room to?
(a) A school teacher
(b) A communist
(c) A cook
(d) A factory owner
9. What kind of school does Richard enter?
(a) Law school
(b) Boarding school
(c) Public school
(d) Religious school
10. What kind of hat do the two boys knock off Richard's head?
(a) A baseball hat
(b) A top hat
(c) A bowler hat
(d) A straw hat
11. What does Richard typically eat for dinner?
(a) Bread and milk
12. What does Richard threaten Addie with at home?
(a) A tomahawk
(b) An ax
(c) A knife
(d) A gun
13. What does Richard say he has to see to believe in God?
(a) A resurrection
(b) An angel
(c) A flying horse
(d) A prophet
14. What does Wright do after he gives his speech?
(a) Walks away
(b) Turns his back on the crowd
(d) Gives a black power salute
15. What does Richard do to gain acceptance at his new school?
(c) Talk back to the teachers
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of animal does Richard kill?
2. What does Richard have to call his aunt in class?
3. What does Richard tell the woman he wants to be?
4. How does Richard help Granny to request money from her relatives?
5. Who does RIchard say is the person who encourages him to keep writing?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)