|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who offers to give Richard a ride home?
(a) A group of white men
(b) His boss' wife
(c) His boss
(d) A group of black men
2. Which of the following do the gangs not use as weapons?
3. Where does the piece of glass cut Richard?
(a) On the back of his knee
(b) On the neck
(c) Behind the ear
(d) On the nose
4. What is the name of Granny's religion?
(a) Jehova Witness
(b) Seventh-Day Adventist
5. What kind of church does Richard attend with his mother?
6. What city does Alan move to?
(a) New York
7. What does Richard work as during the summer?
(a) A newspaper boy
(b) A baseball scorer
(c) A bible salesman
(d) A water boy and brick gatherer
8. What does Mr Crane want to train Richard in?
(a) Book binding
(c) Coffee making
9. Where is Richard going when the boys rob him?
(a) The library
(b) The paper shop
(d) The grocery store
10. What does the congregation pressure Richard and other boys to do?
(b) Get baptized
(c) Find girlfriends
(d) Build a church
11. What does Richard threaten Addie with at home?
(a) An ax
(b) A knife
(c) A tomahawk
(d) A gun
12. Why does Granny refuse to pay for Richard's school books?
(a) They are too fun
(b) They are too worldly
(c) They are too expensive
(d) They are sinful
13. What kind of animal bites Richard?
14. Where does Richard work next?
(a) A candle store
(b) A record store
(c) A factory
(d) A clothing store
15. What happens to Richard's bike when he is making a delivery in this chapter?
(a) Its pedals fall off
(b) It gets a flat tire
(c) Its wheel buckles
(d) Its frame snaps
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does RIchard want to move to?
2. What does Richard like about his job selling newspapers?
3. In what way is Richard related to Maggie?
4. What does Richard use to make deliveries?
5. What does the principal think he will keep Richard from doing if he does not read his speech?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)