|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Richard have to call his aunt in class?
(a) Miss Wilson
(d) Miss Doran
2. What does one boy claim gonorrhea is?
(a) A white man's disease
(c) The devil's curse
(d) A mark of manhood
3. What kind of animal bites Richard?
4. Why does Granny refuse to pay for Richard's school books?
(a) They are too expensive
(b) They are sinful
(c) They are too fun
(d) They are too worldly
5. What do Wright and his co workers do to steal $200?
(a) Sell alcohol
(b) Re-sell tickets
(d) Sell drugs
6. What does Mr Crane want to train Richard in?
(b) Coffee making
(d) Book binding
7. Where are the newspaper's printed?
(a) San Francisco
(b) New York
(c) Los Angeles
8. What does Granny do when Richard complains about her restrictions?
(a) Whips him
(b) Prays for him
(c) Slaps him
(d) Kisses him
9. What do Granny and Addie give up their efforts to do?
(a) Fight for the end of segregation
(b) Find a husband
(c) Find work
(d) Save Richard's soul
10. What is the only day of the week that Richard could realistically work on?
11. Where did the black boy work?
(a) A factory
(b) A cafe
(c) A restaurant
(d) A hotel
12. What does Richard like about his job selling newspapers?
(a) Earning money
(b) Meeting white people
(c) Reading the stories
(d) Annoying white people
13. What does Richard's mother think will happen if people think Richard has a weak mind?
(a) People will bully him
(b) People will take advantage
(c) He will end up in an institution
(d) He won't get a job
14. Where does RIchard want to move to?
(c) The North
15. What does Richard do to gain acceptance at his new school?
(c) Talk back to the teachers
Short Answer Questions
1. Who moves in with the family in this chapter?
2. What part of Arkansas does Maggie live in?
3. What kind of food does the woman offer Richard to eat?
4. What does Richard's boss offer him in the storeroom?
5. How does Griggs know Richard?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)