|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Granny inform that Richard has seen an angel?
(b) Her congregation
(c) Richard's mother
(d) A radio station
2. What kind of church does Richard attend with his mother?
3. Why do Pease and Reynolds refuse to train Richard on the optic machines?
(a) They are too dangerous
(b) People should not need to be trained
(c) It is white man's work
(d) They need training themselves
4. What does Richard work as during the summer?
(a) A newspaper boy
(b) A bible salesman
(c) A baseball scorer
(d) A water boy and brick gatherer
5. What does the principal think he will keep Richard from doing if he does not read his speech?
6. What does Richard pawn in this chapter?
(a) A gun
(b) A diamond
(c) A guitar
7. What does Granny do when Richard complains about her restrictions?
(a) Prays for him
(b) Whips him
(c) Slaps him
(d) Kisses him
8. What kind of food does the woman offer Richard to eat?
(a) Meat balls
(b) Soul food
(c) Gourmet food
(d) Moldy food
9. What does Richard reason that an honest living would lead to?
(a) Marriage and children
(b) A prolonged stay in the South
10. Who does Richard persuade to publish his short story?
(a) The Chicago Tribune
(b) The New York Times
(c) The local newsletter
(d) The local black newspaper
11. What kind of hat do the two boys knock off Richard's head?
(a) A baseball hat
(b) A bowler hat
(c) A straw hat
(d) A top hat
12. What does Richard start selling to earn money?
(a) Life insurance
13. What is the only day of the week that Richard could realistically work on?
14. What kind of school does Richard enter?
(a) Boarding school
(b) Law school
(c) Religious school
(d) Public school
15. What does Richard vow never to do again?
(b) Go back to the south
(d) Talk to his grandma
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richard suffer from in Granny's house at night?
2. What does Richard typically eat for breakfast?
3. Where does RIchard want to move to?
4. What does Mr Crane want to train Richard in?
5. Who moves in with the family in this chapter?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)