|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ella work as?
(a) A nurse
(b) A gardener
(c) A cleaner
(d) A cook
2. What does Richard's mother force him to do with the dead kitten?
(a) Bury it
(b) Feed it to hyenas
(c) Eat it
(d) Burn it
3. Who writes a speech for Wright to read at his graduation?
(a) His brother
(b) The governor
(c) Miss Harper
(d) The principal
4. What does Mr Crane want to train Richard in?
(a) Coffee making
(d) Book binding
5. What does Richard refuse from his neighbors?
6. Where does the piece of glass cut Richard?
(a) Behind the ear
(b) On the back of his knee
(c) On the nose
(d) On the neck
7. Who moves in with the family in this chapter?
(a) Uncle Tom
(b) Aunt Edie
(c) Brother Formby
(d) Uncle David
8. Where does Richard take a job at the end of the summer?
(a) A hotel
(b) A factory
(c) A restaurant
(d) A cafe
9. Why does Granny refuse to pay for Richard's school books?
(a) They are sinful
(b) They are too fun
(c) They are too expensive
(d) They are too worldly
10. What does Richard use to make deliveries?
(a) A car
(c) A motorbike
(d) A bicycle
11. What kind of church does Richard attend with his mother?
12. What does Nathan work as?
(b) Night porter
13. What kind of animal does Richard kill?
14. Who is Granny renting a room to?
(a) A communist
(b) A school teacher
(c) A cook
(d) A factory owner
15. What does Richard do to gain acceptance at his new school?
(b) Talk back to the teachers
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of animal bites Richard?
2. What kind of hat do the two boys knock off Richard's head?
3. Who does RIchard say is the person who encourages him to keep writing?
4. In what way is Richard related to Maggie?
5. What kind of school does Richard enter?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)