|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Richard's boss offer him in the storeroom?
(a) The black woman's teeth
(b) His hand
(c) A cigarette
(d) A drink
2. On what level does religion interest Richard?
3. What does Richard refuse from his neighbors?
4. Where does the piece of glass cut Richard?
(a) Behind the ear
(b) On the nose
(c) On the neck
(d) On the back of his knee
5. What does the congregation pressure Richard and other boys to do?
(a) Build a church
(b) Get baptized
(c) Find girlfriends
6. Why does Ella have to stop work?
(a) She is pregnant
(b) She has won the lottery
(c) She wants to spend more time with her children
(d) She is ill
7. Where does Nathan work as a night porter?
(a) A hostel
(c) Drug store
(d) A hotel
8. What kind of weapon does Richard hide under his pillow?
(a) A gun
(b) A tomahawk
(c) A knife
(d) A stick
9. Why do Pease and Reynolds refuse to train Richard on the optic machines?
(a) It is white man's work
(b) They need training themselves
(c) People should not need to be trained
(d) They are too dangerous
10. What kind of school does Richard start attending?
(a) Alternative school
(b) Public school
(c) Religious school
(d) Boarding school
11. When does the policeman say Richard should not make deliveries to white neighborhoods?
(a) In the morning
(b) After dark
(c) The weekend
(d) The weekdays
12. In what way is Richard related to Maggie?
(a) Her nephew
(b) Her uncle
(c) Her half brother
(d) Her step brother
13. What does Richard do to stop feeling so hungry?
(a) Drinks water
(b) Steals from butchers
(c) Staples his stomach
(d) Talks a lot
14. Who does Granny inform that Richard has seen an angel?
(b) Her congregation
(c) Richard's mother
(d) A radio station
15. Where is Richard going when the boys rob him?
(a) The library
(c) The grocery store
(d) The paper shop
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richard suffer from in Granny's house at night?
2. Who moves in with the family in this chapter?
3. What is the name of Richard's brother?
4. Where does Ella send her children?
5. What does Granny forbid in her house?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)