|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Richard able to steal from the next white family he works for?
2. Why does Wright's boss beat the black woman?
(a) He was bored
(b) She talked back to him
(c) She cannot afford to pay her credit installments
(d) She stole form the shop
3. Whose propaganda are the newspapers full of?
(a) The Capitalists
(b) The Klu Klux Klan
(c) The Facists
(d) The Communists
4. What does Richard threaten Addie with at home?
(a) A knife
(b) A gun
(c) A tomahawk
(d) An ax
5. What does Wright do after he gives his speech?
(a) Gives a black power salute
(b) Walks away
(c) Turns his back on the crowd
6. What does Richard suffer from in Granny's house at night?
(b) Crying fits
7. What kind of church does Richard attend with his mother?
8. What happens to Richard's bike when he is making a delivery in this chapter?
(a) It gets a flat tire
(b) Its frame snaps
(c) Its pedals fall off
(d) Its wheel buckles
9. What does Richard start selling to earn money?
(a) Life insurance
10. What does Richard typically eat for dinner?
(a) Bread and milk
11. Where does Nathan work as a night porter?
(b) Drug store
(c) A hotel
(d) A hostel
12. Who writes a speech for Wright to read at his graduation?
(a) The principal
(b) Miss Harper
(c) The governor
(d) His brother
13. Who moves in with the family in this chapter?
(a) Aunt Edie
(b) Uncle Tom
(c) Brother Formby
(d) Uncle David
14. Why does Richard's boss fire him?
(a) He thinks he steals money
(b) He does not like his silent disapproval
(c) He is always reading
(d) He is always late
15. Which of the following does Richard set fire to?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Richard persuade to publish his short story?
2. What does Nathan work as?
3. What does Richard's mother think will happen if people think Richard has a weak mind?
4. What does Richard say he has to see to believe in God?
5. What does one of the workers show Richard to demonstrate how dangerous working at the sawmill can be?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)