|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Richard's boss say a dog's bite cannot hurt?
(a) A man
(b) A strong boy
(c) A builder
(d) A nigger
2. What do Granny and Addie give up their efforts to do?
(a) Save Richard's soul
(b) Find work
(c) Fight for the end of segregation
(d) Find a husband
3. Why does Wright's boss beat the black woman?
(a) She cannot afford to pay her credit installments
(b) She stole form the shop
(c) She talked back to him
(d) He was bored
4. What does Granny equate literary fiction with?
5. What does Richard have to call his aunt in class?
(c) Miss Doran
(d) Miss Wilson
6. What does Granny do when Richard complains about her restrictions?
(a) Kisses him
(b) Whips him
(c) Prays for him
(d) Slaps him
7. What do Wright and his co workers do to steal $200?
(a) Sell drugs
(c) Re-sell tickets
(d) Sell alcohol
8. What is the name of Maggie's husband?
(b) Chicken man
9. What does Richard do to gain acceptance at his new school?
(a) Talk back to the teachers
10. What kind of hat do the two boys knock off Richard's head?
(a) A baseball hat
(b) A straw hat
(c) A top hat
(d) A bowler hat
11. Why does Ella have to stop work?
(a) She is ill
(b) She wants to spend more time with her children
(c) She has won the lottery
(d) She is pregnant
12. What does Nathan work as?
(a) Night porter
13. Where do Richard and his family move to after the house burns down?
(a) New York
14. What does Richard suffer from in Granny's house at night?
(d) Crying fits
15. Where does Richard take a job at the end of the summer?
(a) A factory
(b) A hotel
(c) A restaurant
(d) A cafe
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Pease and Reynolds refuse to train Richard on the optic machines?
2. What does Richard use to make deliveries?
3. Which of the following does Richard set fire to?
4. What does Richard threaten Addie with at home?
5. What does Richard have to fight Uncle Tom off with?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)