|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Richard hesitate in engaging in thievery in the hotel?
(a) He likes his boss
(b) He earns enough
(c) It is immoral
(d) It is not work the risk
2. What does one boy claim gonorrhea is?
(a) The devil's curse
(c) A mark of manhood
(d) A white man's disease
3. In what way is Richard related to Maggie?
(a) Her half brother
(b) Her step brother
(c) Her nephew
(d) Her uncle
4. What does Richard neglect to call one of the white youths?
5. What does Richard refuse from his neighbors?
6. What does Richard suffer from in Granny's house at night?
(c) Crying fits
7. Where does Maggie live?
(b) New York
8. Where does Ella send her children?
(a) A detention center
(b) An orphanage
(c) A boarding school
9. What does Uncle Clark assign Richard with as soon as he arrives?
(a) A proper job
(d) A writing task
10. What does Granny do when Richard complains about her restrictions?
(a) Kisses him
(b) Prays for him
(c) Whips him
(d) Slaps him
11. Who does Granny inform that Richard has seen an angel?
(a) Richard's mother
(c) A radio station
(d) Her congregation
12. What does Wright do after he gives his speech?
(a) Turns his back on the crowd
(b) Walks away
(d) Gives a black power salute
13. What does Richard pawn in this chapter?
(a) A diamond
(c) A guitar
(d) A gun
14. What is the name of Richard's brother?
15. Where does Richard work the following summer?
(a) A watermill
(b) A grocery store
(c) A bomb factory
(d) A sawmill
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richard use to make deliveries?
2. What is Richard able to steal from the next white family he works for?
3. What does Richard tell the woman he wants to be?
4. What do the white youths smash into Richard's face?
5. What does Richard have to call his aunt in class?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)