Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the job include?
(a) Sleeping quarters
(b) Free meals
(c) Free clothes
(d) Free baths
2. What is the title of the short story that Richard writes?
(a) Black Boys in Wonderland
(b) The Voodoo of Hell's Half-Acre
(c) Garden Wars
(d) Feeling Low is a Normal Feeling For Me
3. Where does Nathan work as a night porter?
(b) A hotel
(c) Drug store
(d) A hostel
4. Who does the family spend time with on the way to Arkansas?
(b) James McFadden
(c) Uncle Tom
(d) Auntie Joan
5. What does Richard pawn in this chapter?
(a) A guitar
(c) A gun
(d) A diamond
6. What does Aunt Addie accuse Richard of eating?
7. What does Wright say he would have done if he had known there were so many obstacles to overcome as a writer?
(a) Gone to a deserted island
(b) Moved to Paris
(c) Abandoned his quest
(d) Married early
8. What do Wright and his co workers do to steal $200?
(a) Re-sell tickets
(b) Sell alcohol
(d) Sell drugs
9. What does Richard reason that an honest living would lead to?
(b) A prolonged stay in the South
(d) Marriage and children
10. What does Richard do in the hotel?
(a) Works on reception
(b) Empties bins
(c) Cleans rooms
(d) Mops floors
11. What is the name of Maggie's husband?
(d) Chicken man
12. What does Richard's boss say a dog's bite cannot hurt?
(a) A strong boy
(b) A nigger
(c) A builder
(d) A man
13. What does Richard use to make deliveries?
(a) A motorbike
(b) A bicycle
(c) A car
14. What does Richard typically eat for breakfast?
(a) Gruel and noodles
(b) Eggs and toast
(c) Biscuits and gravy
(d) Flour and lard mush
15. Where does the piece of glass cut Richard?
(a) Behind the ear
(b) On the nose
(c) On the neck
(d) On the back of his knee
Short Answer Questions
1. On what level does religion interest Richard?
2. When does the policeman say Richard should not make deliveries to white neighborhoods?
3. What does Richard do when his employers mock him for wanting to become a writer?
4. Why did the whites kill the black boy?
5. Who moves in with the family in this chapter?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)