|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of the short story that Richard writes?
(a) The Voodoo of Hell's Half-Acre
(b) Feeling Low is a Normal Feeling For Me
(c) Black Boys in Wonderland
(d) Garden Wars
2. Where does Richard move to?
(b) Los Angeles
3. Who are Richard's friends hostile towards?
(d) Religious zealots
4. Why does Granny refuse to pay for Richard's school books?
(a) They are too worldly
(b) They are sinful
(c) They are too expensive
(d) They are too fun
5. What is Richard able to steal from the next white family he works for?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richard say he feels like when a Jewish boy comes in to time how long it takes for him to clean?
2. What does Richard do when his employers mock him for wanting to become a writer?
3. Who does Richard say he is more interested in than the church elder's words?
4. What is the name of the book the school teacher is reading?
5. Where does the piece of glass cut Richard?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)