|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the principal think he will keep Richard from doing if he does not read his speech?
2. What is the title of the short story that Richard writes?
(a) Garden Wars
(b) The Voodoo of Hell's Half-Acre
(c) Black Boys in Wonderland
(d) Feeling Low is a Normal Feeling For Me
3. Who gives Richard a sly smile before Richard leaves work?
(a) Miss Molly
4. What is Shorty's job at the optical shop?
(a) Floor mopper
(b) Elevator man
(c) Lens maker
(d) Toilet cleaner
5. What does one of the workers show Richard to demonstrate how dangerous working at the sawmill can be?
(b) His missing fingers
(c) The worker's graveyard
(d) Hospital reports
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the magazine H. L. Mencken edits?
2. Who does Richard persuade to publish his short story?
3. Why does Richard hesitate in engaging in thievery in the hotel?
4. What does Granny do when Richard complains about her restrictions?
5. What does the congregation pressure Richard and other boys to do?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)