|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the job include?
(a) Free clothes
(b) Sleeping quarters
(c) Free meals
(d) Free baths
2. What does Richard typically eat for dinner?
(b) Bread and milk
3. What did Martin Garvey advocate for black Americans?
(a) A return to Africa
(c) A move to Europe
4. What reason does Richard give for leaving the South?
(a) To get married
(b) To be near his mother
(c) To write
(d) To have more freedom
5. Whose propaganda are the newspapers full of?
(a) The Facists
(b) The Capitalists
(c) The Communists
(d) The Klu Klux Klan
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Richard afraid Crane and Pease will do if he tells his boss?
2. What does Richard reason that an honest living would lead to?
3. What kind of school does Richard start attending?
4. Why does Richard wait two days before his departure to tell his boss that he is leaving?
5. What city does Richard arrive at in this chapter?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)