|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Richard help Granny to request money from her relatives?
(a) Sends telegrams
(b) Visits them
(c) Writes letters
(d) Blackmails them
2. What does Richard do to gain acceptance at his new school?
(a) Talk back to the teachers
3. Who does Richard have to write to for help?
(b) Uncle Tom
(c) His father
(d) His grandma
4. Who does Richard see beat a black woman?
(a) The mayor
(b) His boss' wife
(c) His boss
(d) His brother
5. What does Wright say he would have done if he had known there were so many obstacles to overcome as a writer?
(a) Moved to Paris
(b) Gone to a deserted island
(c) Abandoned his quest
(d) Married early
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the editorial attack?
2. What does Richard do to stop feeling so hungry?
3. What does Richard like about his job selling newspapers?
4. Which two characters go to Chicago first?
5. What does Richard vow never to do again?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)