|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Richard's mother think will happen if people think Richard has a weak mind?
(a) People will bully him
(b) He won't get a job
(c) People will take advantage
(d) He will end up in an institution
2. Who moves in with the family in this chapter?
(a) Uncle David
(b) Uncle Tom
(c) Brother Formby
(d) Aunt Edie
3. What does one of the workers show Richard to demonstrate how dangerous working at the sawmill can be?
(b) The worker's graveyard
(c) Hospital reports
(d) His missing fingers
4. What can Richard now do with his class mates?
(a) Eat lunch
(b) Tease girls
(d) Play football
5. What does Richard reason that an honest living would lead to?
(a) A prolonged stay in the South
(c) Marriage and children
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following do the gangs not use as weapons?
2. What reason does Richard give for leaving the South?
3. What does Richard pawn in this chapter?
4. What does Richard borrow from the schoolteacher's room?
5. What is the name of Richard's new landlady?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)