|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does one boy claim gonorrhea is?
(a) The devil's curse
(b) A mark of manhood
(c) A white man's disease
2. What kind of hat do the two boys knock off Richard's head?
(a) A top hat
(b) A baseball hat
(c) A straw hat
(d) A bowler hat
3. What does Wright do after he gives his speech?
(b) Gives a black power salute
(c) Turns his back on the crowd
(d) Walks away
4. What does Richard typically eat for breakfast?
(a) Eggs and toast
(b) Gruel and noodles
(c) Flour and lard mush
(d) Biscuits and gravy
5. What does Aunt Addie accuse Richard of eating?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richard do when his employers mock him for wanting to become a writer?
2. Where is Richard making a delivery to when a policeman stops him?
3. What is Mencken famous as?
4. Who writes a speech for Wright to read at his graduation?
5. What does Richard vow never to do again?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)