|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the piece of glass cut Richard?
(a) On the nose
(b) On the neck
(c) On the back of his knee
(d) Behind the ear
2. What does Ella think her son's writing will lead people to think he has?
(a) A weak mind
(b) No friends
(c) A Godless mind
(d) A homosexual life
3. What does Richard have to fight Uncle Tom off with?
(a) A knife
(b) A stick
(c) A spear
4. Who does Richard choose to live with?
(a) Uncle Clark
(b) Aunt Maggie
(c) Aunt May
5. What does Richard threaten Addie with at home?
(a) An ax
(b) A knife
(c) A tomahawk
(d) A gun
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Maggie live?
2. What does one of the workers show Richard to demonstrate how dangerous working at the sawmill can be?
3. Who does RIchard say is the person who encourages him to keep writing?
4. Who does Richard persuade to publish his short story?
5. Whose propaganda are the newspapers full of?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)