|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Richard have to write to for help?
(b) His grandma
(c) His father
(d) Uncle Tom
2. Why does Ella have to stop work?
(a) She is ill
(b) She has won the lottery
(c) She is pregnant
(d) She wants to spend more time with her children
3. Where does Nathan work as a night porter?
(a) A hostel
(b) A hotel
(d) Drug store
4. What part of Arkansas does Maggie live in?
5. How does Richard help Granny to request money from her relatives?
(a) Sends telegrams
(b) Writes letters
(c) Blackmails them
(d) Visits them
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richard's mother force him to do with the dead kitten?
2. What does Ella work as?
3. Who does Richard associate hunger with?
4. Who are Richard's friends hostile towards?
5. Where does the piece of glass cut Richard?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)