|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who offers to give Richard a ride home?
(a) A group of white men
(b) A group of black men
(c) His boss' wife
(d) His boss
2. What does Granny do when Richard complains about her restrictions?
(a) Whips him
(b) Slaps him
(c) Prays for him
(d) Kisses him
3. What is the only day of the week that Richard could realistically work on?
4. How does Richard kill the kitten?
(a) Hangs it
(b) Strangles it
(c) Burns it
(d) Shoots it
5. What depresses Wright about Chicago?
(a) The traffic
(b) The industrial landscape
(c) The racism
(d) The rudeness of the people
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does RIchard say is the person who encourages him to keep writing?
2. What does Richard's mother force him to do with the dead kitten?
3. Who is the only person among Richard's family in Chicago who does not fall ill?
4. Why do Pease and Reynolds refuse to train Richard on the optic machines?
5. What does Richard neglect to call one of the white youths?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)