|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Richard start selling to earn money?
(c) Life insurance
2. What kind of church does Richard attend with his mother?
3. Who is Granny renting a room to?
(a) A school teacher
(b) A factory owner
(c) A communist
(d) A cook
4. Who does the editorial attack?
(a) James Dean
(b) William Faulkner
(c) H.L. Mencken
(d) Mark Twain
5. What does one of the workers show Richard to demonstrate how dangerous working at the sawmill can be?
(b) His missing fingers
(c) The worker's graveyard
(d) Hospital reports
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richard see in the storeroom on the floor?
2. What is the only day of the week that Richard could realistically work on?
3. Where do the Hoffmans operate their store?
4. Where does Ella send her children?
5. Why does Ella have to stop work?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)