|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of Arkansas does Maggie live in?
2. What does Wright do after he gives his speech?
(b) Turns his back on the crowd
(c) Gives a black power salute
(d) Walks away
3. What does Richard typically eat for breakfast?
(a) Gruel and noodles
(b) Flour and lard mush
(c) Biscuits and gravy
(d) Eggs and toast
4. Whose propaganda are the newspapers full of?
(a) The Communists
(b) The Capitalists
(c) The Facists
(d) The Klu Klux Klan
5. Why can Richard not write his own speech at his graduation?
(a) He does not have enough time
(b) White people will be present
(c) His cannot spell
(d) The principle wants to promote the school
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Martin Garvey advocate for black Americans?
2. What does one of the workers show Richard to demonstrate how dangerous working at the sawmill can be?
3. What is the name of Granny's religion?
4. Where does Richard work the following summer?
5. What kind of school does Richard enter?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)