|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the black boy work?
(a) A cafe
(b) A hotel
(c) A factory
(d) A restaurant
2. What does the congregation pressure Richard and other boys to do?
(a) Build a church
(b) Find girlfriends
(c) Get baptized
3. Who does the editorial attack?
(a) Mark Twain
(b) H.L. Mencken
(c) James Dean
(d) William Faulkner
4. Who is the only person among Richard's family in Chicago who does not fall ill?
5. What event causes Richard to lose a lot of his hours at the post office?
(a) The First World War
(b) The Great Depression
(c) The Vietnam War
(d) The Second World War
Short Answer Questions
1. What can Richard now do with his class mates?
2. On what level does religion interest Richard?
3. What does Granny think Richard has said?
4. What reason does Shorty give for not joining Richard?
5. What does Aunt Addie accuse Richard of eating?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)