|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Richard choose to live with?
(b) Uncle Clark
(c) Aunt May
(d) Aunt Maggie
2. Why do Pease and Reynolds refuse to train Richard on the optic machines?
(a) It is white man's work
(b) They need training themselves
(c) People should not need to be trained
(d) They are too dangerous
3. Who does RIchard say is the person who encourages him to keep writing?
(a) A shop owner
(b) His brother
(c) The newspaper editor
(d) His father
4. What does one of the workers show Richard to demonstrate how dangerous working at the sawmill can be?
(b) The worker's graveyard
(c) His missing fingers
(d) Hospital reports
5. What does Granny equate literary fiction with?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of the short story that Richard writes?
2. Who offers to give Richard a ride home?
3. What do Granny and Addie give up their efforts to do?
4. What happens to Richard's bike when he is making a delivery in this chapter?
5. What city does Alan move to?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)