|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Coast Guard ship goes to inspect the Odyssey?
(a) The Narwhal.
(b) The Constellation.
(c) The Enterprise.
(d) The Black Pearl.
2. What does Dirk correctly identify the Koguryo to be?
(a) The North Star.
(b) The Belcher.
(c) The Ahab.
(d) The Baekje.
3. What is the issue with the Ukrainian launch engineers prior to the launch from the Koguryo?
(a) They couldn't agree on where to position the platform for launch.
(b) They felt they weren't receiving enough pay.
(c) They wanted to mutiny.
(d) They wanted better sleeping quarters.
4. What does Pitt Sr. offer to supplement the work of the Coast Guard in protecting the U.S. mainland from biological attack?
(a) Three research vessels.
(b) Five small submarines.
(c) A blimp.
(d) A refitted Chinese junk.
5. Who is commander of the Navy SEAL team searching for Kang?
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes the captainless crew of the Koguryo to have "thrown in the towel?"
2. What was the cost of the launch vehicle which, according to Christiano, "went up in flames?"
3. What was the deviation of the rocket just as it was launching?
4. What is the name of the ghost ship that Giordino mentions as they approach the Odyssey?
5. Where does the thrust from the rocket launch force the Badger?
Short Essay Questions
1. What ultimately happens to the Koguryo and to Lee?
2. What does a launch engineer tell Ling in Chapter 58, and what is Ling and Tongju's response?
3. How does Pitt Sr. escape the sinking Odyssey platform?
4. Describe Ling's function on board the Koguryo.
5. What do Dirk and Summer plan to do after joining the Deep Endeavor in Chapter 46?
6. What is Tongju's plan to take over the Odyssey?
7. What happens during the final showdown between Dirk and Kang?
8. Describe Dirk's role with the SEAL team in Chapter 64.
9. What do Dirk Pitt, Sr., and Al do after they land at LAX in Chapter 48?
10. What happens to change Kang's plans after he and his men have taken over the Odyssey?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)