|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the engineer that informs Ling about the launchpad horizontal deviation on board the Odyssey as the rocket launches?
2. What is the Badger?
(a) A pilotless drone.
(b) A blimp.
(c) A helicopter.
(d) A submersible research vessel.
3. Where does the thrust from the rocket launch force the Badger?
(a) Directly under the launch platform.
(b) Into the side of the Odyssey's flooded port pontoon.
(c) To the sea bottom.
(d) Out to sea.
4. Who is the platform launch manager of the Odyssey?
5. What is lost in the news during the reporting of the failed missile launch?
(a) The issue of the Japanese Red Army.
(b) The issue of the attack on South Korea by North Korea.
(c) The winner of America's Next Top Model.
(d) The issue of Korea.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is captain of the Odyssey?
2. What does the Koguryo do to the Coast Guard ship?
3. What is the first sign of an imminent rocket launch off the Sea Launch platform?
4. What does Pitt Sr. attempt to do since the rocket launch cannot be stopped?
5. Who reaches the Koguryo before it is able to fire on the Icarus?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the Badger upon the launch of the rocket from the Odyssey?
2. What do Dirk and Summer plan to do after joining the Deep Endeavor in Chapter 46?
3. What plan do NUMA and homeland security officials put into action in Chapter 43?
4. Describe what happens to the Zenit rocket after its launch.
5. What do Dirk Pitt, Sr., and Al do after they land at LAX in Chapter 48?
6. What do Tongju and some of his closest soldiers plan to do after the failure of the rocket launch from the Odyssey?
7. What ultimately happens to the Koguryo and to Lee?
8. What happens to change Kang's plans after he and his men have taken over the Odyssey?
9. What do Dirk Jr. and Dahlgren do after the destruction of the Coast Guard ship?
10. How does Pitt Sr. escape the sinking Odyssey platform?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)