|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the WESCAM on board the Icarus?
(a) A satellite receiver.
(b) A long-distance camera.
(c) A radar.
(d) A navigational device.
2. How do those on board the Koguryo know something is wrong with the Odyssey?
(a) A signal is sent from a surveillance satellite.
(b) A crewman spots Pitt on board the Odyssey.
(c) Sirens sound.
(d) A red warning light blinks.
3. What happens to Kang's yacht?
(a) It runs aground.
(b) The Navy SEALS sink it.
(c) It is sunk by on board explosives.
(d) It crashes into a dredge boat.
4. According to Ling, how many satellite launches end in failure?
(a) One in fifty.
(b) One in five.
(c) One in twenty.
(d) One in ten.
5. What does Kim regret when he sees the blimp land on board the Odyssey?
(a) That he did not leave the crew on board the Odyssey to deal with any intruders.
(b) That he did not kill the crew and destroy the airship.
(c) That he did not radio for help.
(d) That he did not cast the Badger adrift.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the ghost ship that Giordino mentions as they approach the Odyssey?
2. What Coast Guard ship goes to inspect the Odyssey?
3. Who does Dirk insist that he get to accompany in Chapter 24?
4. Who is the engineer that informs Ling about the launchpad horizontal deviation on board the Odyssey as the rocket launches?
5. According to an engineer speaking to Ling, what is the angle of deviation on board the Odyssey prior to launch?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what happens to the Zenit rocket after its launch.
2. What happens to change Kang's plans after he and his men have taken over the Odyssey?
3. What does a launch engineer tell Ling in Chapter 58, and what is Ling and Tongju's response?
4. What happens to the blimp after it first takes off from the Odyssey?
5. Describe the final scene with Dirk and Sarah.
6. What is Tongju's plan to take over the Odyssey?
7. What information do Dirk and Summer share with the authorities in Chapter 41?
8. What plan do NUMA and homeland security officials put into action in Chapter 43?
9. What happens to Kwan and Kang's empire?
10. Describe how Kang attempts to salvage his plan after the failed rocket launch.
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)