|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Ukrainian that runs Kang's research lab?
2. How do Dirk and Summer propose to salvage the bombs from the I-411?
(a) By using controlled explosive charges.
(b) By deploying a team of divers.
(c) By raising the submarine to the surface.
(d) By cutting through the submarine's bulkheads.
3. Who is Garner Ward?
(a) The U.S. President.
(b) Head of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.
(c) The U.S. Vice-President.
(d) The Supreme NATO Commander.
4. Who is the U.S. Embassy's Deputy Chief of Mission?
(a) Robert Bridges.
(b) Lloyd Bridges.
(c) Nash Bridges.
(d) Jeff Bridges.
5. What character is stricken by smallpox in Chapter 16?
(a) Dirk Pitt.
(b) Chris Gavin.
(c) Dae-jong Kang.
(d) Irv Fowler.
Short Answer Questions
1. What attacks the Sea Rover in Chapter 26?
2. Who is Takeo Yoshida?
3. How does Gunn know the Sea Rover has disappeared?
4. How does Kang intend for Dirk and Summer to die?
5. What does the British ambassador congratulate the U.S. ambassador for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the death of the first two meteorologists in Chapter 1.
2. Describe what happens as the Sea Rover is being flooded in Chapter 28 and how the crew is rescued.
3. What do Dirk and Summer discover has happened as they return from their exploration of the I-411 in Chapter 27?
4. What is revealed to have happened in the town of Warrenton in 1942?
5. What happens to Keith Catana in Chapter 11?
6. Describe Admiral Sandecker and his role in Chapter 31.
7. What does Kang plan to do with the Baekje?
8. Describe what happens to Robert Bridges in Chapter 7.
9. What do Dirk and Dahlgren discover about the I-403 in Chapter 9?
10. What is the mission of the Japanese Red Army?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)