|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Takeo Yoshida?
(a) A crane operator for the Yokohama Port Development Corporation.
(b) A Korean diplomat.
(c) A Japanese submarine commander.
(d) A biological warfare expert.
2. Who is Kang's assistant?
3. What happens to Chris Gavin?
(a) He dies after an explosion.
(b) He defects to Korea.
(c) He dies in an airline accident.
(d) He dies of cyanide poisoning.
4. What animals experienced mysterious deaths in the area of the research vessel?
(b) Sea urchins.
(c) Sea lions.
5. How was smallpox first introduced to the New World?
(a) By the crews of Ponce de Leon.
(b) By the crews of Christopher Columbus.
(c) By the crews of Lief Erikson.
(d) By the crews of Captain Cook.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Tonguj?
2. What is the Mariana Explorer?
3. What virus does Kang's research lab chief try to combine with smallpox?
4. What is the Starfish?
5. What was smallpox known as by the ancient Aztecs?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what happens to Robert Bridges in Chapter 7.
2. Describe Admiral Sandecker and his role in Chapter 31.
3. What do Dirk Pitt, Sr., and Al Giordino do in response to Raul Biazon's request in Chapter 12?
4. Why do Sarah and the other scientists survive the same toxin that killed the two meteorologists in Chapter 1?
5. What is significant about the Chinese junk that rescues Dirk and Summer in Chapter 36?
6. What happens to Keith Catana in Chapter 11?
7. What are Kang and those on board the Sea Rover looking for in Chapter 22?
8. How do Dirk and Summer go about exploring the sunken Japanese submarine in Chapter 24, and what do they discover?
9. How does Kang plan to use the Odyssey in Chapter 37?
10. How do Dirk and Sarah escape the thugs in the Cadillac in Chapter 18?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)