|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What attacks the Sea Rover in Chapter 26?
(a) A Korean fringe group.
(b) A kamikaze airplane.
(c) A dozen commandos from Kang's ship.
(d) A renegade Japanese submarine.
2. Who is the commander of I-403?
3. What is the Japanese Red Army?
(a) An American militia group.
(b) A special military arm of the Japanese armed forces.
(c) A terrorist group during WWII.
(d) A terrorist group thought to be largely defunct.
4. Who is Garner Ward?
(a) The Supreme NATO Commander.
(b) The U.S. Vice-President.
(c) The U.S. President.
(d) Head of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.
5. What country does the Baekje go to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What character is stricken by smallpox in Chapter 16?
2. Where is Kang's private island lair?
3. How does Summer save Dirk from drowning?
4. Who is the section chief of the FBI's International Terrorism Operations?
5. What happens to the U.S. Embassy's Deputy Chief of Mission?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kang plan to do with the Baekje?
2. Why does Tanaka lie to Commander Ogawa in the introduction when Ogawa asks if his crew is in danger in the book's introduction?
3. What do Dirk and Dahlgren discover about the I-403 in Chapter 9?
4. How does Kang plan to use the Odyssey in Chapter 37?
5. What is the mission of the Japanese Red Army?
6. What happens to Keith Catana in Chapter 11?
7. Describe Admiral Sandecker and his role in Chapter 31.
8. Describe how Dirk and Summer escape from the I-411 in Chapter 25.
9. What is Kang's true motivation for wanting the American military out of South Korea?
10. How do Dirk and Summer go about exploring the sunken Japanese submarine in Chapter 24, and what do they discover?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)