|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Dirk and Summer during the attack on the Sea Rover?
(a) On the Korean mainland.
(b) Several miles out at sea, away from the Sea Rover.
(c) Recovering bombs from a sunken submarine.
(d) On the Japanese mainland.
2. How do Sarah and her fellow scientists survive?
(a) They had sinus infections that kept the toxin from entering their lungs.
(b) They were given an antidote.
(c) They had antibodies that made them immune to the toxin.
(d) They were exposed to a low level of toxin.
3. What happens to the U.S. ambassador to Japan?
(a) He is poisoned.
(b) He dies of a plague.
(c) He is assassinated.
(d) He is kidnapped.
4. Who is Irv Fowler?
(a) A scientist saved from the Aleutian Island poisoning at the beginning of the book.
(b) An inventor who learned how to weaponize cyanide.
(c) A submarine commander from WWII.
(d) An American scientist from WWII.
5. How does Summer save Dirk from drowning?
(a) She manages to cut through the iron ring with a nail file.
(b) She breaks the iron ring with a piece of concrete.
(c) She finds a crowbar on the riverbed and breaks his handcuffs.
(d) She bribes one of Kang's men and he frees Dirk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the captain of the Sea Launch Commander?
2. How do Kang and his men plan to sink the Sea Rover?
3. Who does Tanaka work for?
4. Who is the engineer on board the Sea Rover?
5. Who picks up Dirk and Summer to take them back to America?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Dirk and Dahlgren discover about the I-403 in Chapter 9?
2. Why does Tanaka lie to Commander Ogawa in the introduction when Ogawa asks if his crew is in danger in the book's introduction?
3. What are Kang and those on board the Sea Rover looking for in Chapter 22?
4. What do Dirk Pitt, Sr., and Al Giordino do in response to Raul Biazon's request in Chapter 12?
5. Why do Sarah and the other scientists survive the same toxin that killed the two meteorologists in Chapter 1?
6. What is the mission of the Japanese Red Army?
7. Describe briefly the history of the use of Zyklon B.
8. What do Dirk and Summer discover has happened as they return from their exploration of the I-411 in Chapter 27?
9. What is the outcome of the meeting between Dirk and bureaucrats from the Department of Homeland Security?
10. Describe what happens as the Sea Rover is being flooded in Chapter 28 and how the crew is rescued.
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)