|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the two airplanes on the Japanese submarine to be used for?
(a) To drop weapon canisters.
(b) To do surveillance.
(c) To do strafing runs on the U.S. mainland.
(d) To rescue military prisoners.
2. Where is Kang's private island lair?
3. How is the Japanese submarine destroyed?
(a) It runs aground on a reef.
(b) It is sunk by a mine.
(c) It is rammed by an American destroyer.
(d) It is bombed by a V-52.
4. Who is the section chief of the FBI's International Terrorism Operations?
5. What is the sunken Japanese ship in Chapter 13 leaking?
Short Answer Questions
1. What has been removed from the Japanese sub Dirk and Dahlgren discover?
2. Who is the engineer on board the Sea Rover?
3. What does Summer try to use to cut through the iron ring she and Dirk are handcuffed to?
4. What part from a compressor on board the I-411 do Dirk and Summer try to use as a crowbar?
5. How does one of the three men meeting with Kang in his mansion die?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kang plan to use the Odyssey in Chapter 37?
2. What are Kang and those on board the Sea Rover looking for in Chapter 22?
3. What does Kang plan to do with the Baekje?
4. How do Dirk and Sarah escape the thugs in the Cadillac in Chapter 18?
5. What is the mission of the Japanese Red Army?
6. Describe the assassin in Chapter 4.
7. Describe the death of the first two meteorologists in Chapter 1.
8. Describe how Dirk and Summer escape from the I-411 in Chapter 25.
9. What is Kang's true motivation for wanting the American military out of South Korea?
10. Describe what happens as the Sea Rover is being flooded in Chapter 28 and how the crew is rescued.
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)