|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Dirk Pitt, Sr.'s wife?
(a) Loren Smith.
(b) Linda Sams.
(c) Lucy Stewart.
(d) Lacy Spencer.
2. What would most likely kill someone on board a Sea Launch platform when a rocket was launched?
(a) Flames from the rocket.
(b) The concussion accompanying a launch.
(c) Unburned rocket fuel.
(d) Exhaust fumes.
3. What, in Ling's mind, is the riskiest part of the mission in Chapter 59?
(a) Protecting the Odyssey from intruders.
(b) Pleasing Kang.
(c) The dispersal of the toxins.
(d) The actual rocket launch.
4. What causes a shadow to fall across the Odyssey launch platform, which causes Dirk's heart to skip a beat?
(a) The Icarus.
(b) The Sun Voyager.
(c) The Romulus.
(d) The Goodyear Blimp.
5. Who is the platform launch manager of the Odyssey?
6. Why are Dirk and Summer sent to Korea on a government jet?
(a) They are to negotiate with Kang.
(b) They are to provide the military with intelligence of Kang's defenses.
(c) They are to appear on Korean national television.
(d) They are to parachute in to Kang's home compound.
7. What is the WESCAM on board the Icarus?
(a) A radar.
(b) A navigational device.
(c) A long-distance camera.
(d) A satellite receiver.
8. What do the submerged pontoons on board the Odyssey do?
(a) Make the platform more stable in storms.
(b) Act as artificial reefs.
(c) Give the Odyssey enough stability to launch rockets.
(d) Provide a stable platform for ships which wish to dock.
9. What does Kim regret when he sees the blimp land on board the Odyssey?
(a) That he did not kill the crew and destroy the airship.
(b) That he did not cast the Badger adrift.
(c) That he did not radio for help.
(d) That he did not leave the crew on board the Odyssey to deal with any intruders.
10. Who reaches the Koguryo before it is able to fire on the Icarus?
(a) Air National Guard jets.
(b) Coast Guard cutters.
(c) Navy jets.
(d) Marine helicopters.
11. Where do Tongju, Kim, and two other commandos plan to run after leaving the Koguryo?
(a) To Escondido.
(b) To Ensenada.
(c) To El Dorado.
(d) To Evansville.
12. According to Ling, how many satellite launches end in failure?
(a) One in twenty.
(b) One in five.
(c) One in fifty.
(d) One in ten.
13. What happens to the rocket after its launch?
(a) It explodes in midair.
(b) It drops harmlessly into the sea.
(c) It crashes into Kang's ship.
(d) It reaches suborbitial flight.
14. Who is the engineer that informs Ling about the launchpad horizontal deviation on board the Odyssey as the rocket launches?
15. What was the deviation of the rocket just as it was launching?
(a) Twelve degrees.
(b) Ten degrees.
(c) Fifteen degrees.
(d) Five degrees.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pitt use the Badger in sabotaging the Odyssey?
2. What does Pitt do to free the Badger from the Odyssey's pontoon?
3. Where does Kang's ship plan to go after the rocket launch?
4. Who is the leader of the Navy SEAL team that attempts to locate Kang's ship?
5. What does Pitt Sr. attempt to do since the rocket launch cannot be stopped?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)