|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Koguryo do to the Coast Guard ship?
(a) Captures it.
(b) Sends sailors to board it.
(c) Sinks it.
(d) Radios it and tells it to keep its distance.
2. What is the name of the multipurpose cargo freighter the Deep Endeavor searches?
(a) The Maru Santo.
(b) The Marcus Samuelson.
(c) The Michael Simmons.
(d) The Majestic Seas.
3. What does Kim regret when he sees the blimp land on board the Odyssey?
(a) That he did not radio for help.
(b) That he did not kill the crew and destroy the airship.
(c) That he did not cast the Badger adrift.
(d) That he did not leave the crew on board the Odyssey to deal with any intruders.
4. Who does Dirk insist that he get to accompany in Chapter 24?
(a) A group of Marine recon specialists.
(b) A search party.
(c) A special ops team.
(d) A U.S. television crew.
5. What just about causes Pitt to pass out on board the Badger after the launch?
(a) Being banged around inside the Badger.
(b) The noise from the launch.
(c) An electrical shock.
(d) The heat from the launch.
6. What was the deviation of the rocket just as it was launching?
(a) Five degrees.
(b) Fifteen degrees.
(c) Twelve degrees.
(d) Ten degrees.
7. What is the WESCAM on board the Icarus?
(a) A long-distance camera.
(b) A radar.
(c) A satellite receiver.
(d) A navigational device.
8. How long does the launch countdown for a rocket fired from a Sea Launch platform last?
(a) 36 hours.
(b) 72 hours.
(c) 48 hours.
(d) 24 hours.
9. How far out to sea can the Deep Endeavor patrol with Dirk and Summer?
(a) 20 miles.
(b) 10 miles.
(c) 15 miles.
(d) 12 miles.
10. How does Giordino manage to get the blimp airborne when leaving the Odyssey?
(a) He puts the thrusters on full throttle.
(b) He empties the water ballast tanks.
(c) He jettisons fuel.
(d) He bounces the blimp off the water surface.
11. What does Pitt do to free the Badger from the Odyssey's pontoon?
(a) Uses a blowtorch to cut himself free.
(b) Recharges the Badger's propulsion systems.
(c) Reverses the engines.
(d) Turns on the ballast pump.
12. Where do Tongju, Kim, and two other commandos plan to run after leaving the Koguryo?
(a) To El Dorado.
(b) To Escondido.
(c) To Ensenada.
(d) To Evansville.
13. According to Ling, how many satellite launches end in failure?
(a) One in five.
(b) One in ten.
(c) One in twenty.
(d) One in fifty.
14. Who is the lieutenant on board the Coast Guard ship investigating the Odyssey?
15. What do Captain Burch and Pitt do on board the Deep Endeavor after leaving port again in Chapter 63?
(a) Search for debris from the Zenit.
(b) Search for debris from the Tongju's getaway craft.
(c) Search for debris from the Odyssey.
(d) Search for debris from the Koguryo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Badger's first blow to the Odyssey do?
2. What type of watch does Pitt wear?
3. Where does Kang's ship plan to go after the rocket launch?
4. What does Pitt do with one of Al's cigars as the Icarus hovers over Tongju's getaway craft?
5. What was the cost of the launch vehicle which, according to Christiano, "went up in flames?"
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)