|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pitt do with one of Al's cigars as the Icarus hovers over Tongju's getaway craft?
(a) Throws it at Tongju.
(b) Smokes it.
(c) Gives it to Pitt Jr.
(d) Ignites gasoline which has been dumped.
2. What causes a shadow to fall across the Odyssey launch platform, which causes Dirk's heart to skip a beat?
(a) The Goodyear Blimp.
(b) The Icarus.
(c) The Romulus.
(d) The Sun Voyager.
3. After Kang dies, what happens to his assistant, Kwan?
(a) He is shot trying to escape.
(b) He is captured alive.
(c) He commits suicide.
(d) He flees for asylum in China.
4. Why are Dirk and Summer sent to Korea on a government jet?
(a) They are to negotiate with Kang.
(b) They are to provide the military with intelligence of Kang's defenses.
(c) They are to appear on Korean national television.
(d) They are to parachute in to Kang's home compound.
5. What does Jack hide in and drive toward a couple of guards on the Odyssey?
(a) A riding lawnmower.
(b) A motorized platform.
(c) A Jeep.
(d) A golf cart.
6. How does Tongju die?
(a) He drowns himself.
(b) He is shot.
(c) He burns to death.
(d) He is killed by flying shrapnel.
7. What is the issue with the Ukrainian launch engineers prior to the launch from the Koguryo?
(a) They wanted better sleeping quarters.
(b) They felt they weren't receiving enough pay.
(c) They wanted to mutiny.
(d) They couldn't agree on where to position the platform for launch.
8. What craft from Kang is sent to intercept the Odyssey?
(a) The Koguryu.
(b) The Deep Endeavor.
(c) The Blue Gill.
(d) The Pacific Explorer.
9. Who is the lieutenant on board the Coast Guard ship investigating the Odyssey?
10. What Coast Guard ship goes to inspect the Odyssey?
(a) The Narwhal.
(b) The Black Pearl.
(c) The Enterprise.
(d) The Constellation.
11. What was the cost of the launch vehicle which, according to Christiano, "went up in flames?"
(a) Ninety million dollars.
(b) One hundred million dollars.
(c) Twenty million dollars.
(d) Fifty million dollars.
12. According to Ling, how many satellite launches end in failure?
(a) One in five.
(b) One in fifty.
(c) One in ten.
(d) One in twenty.
13. What does Pitt Sr. offer to supplement the work of the Coast Guard in protecting the U.S. mainland from biological attack?
(a) A refitted Chinese junk.
(b) Five small submarines.
(c) A blimp.
(d) Three research vessels.
14. What is the first sign of an imminent rocket launch off the Sea Launch platform?
(a) The clouds of liquid hydrogen.
(b) The smoke from the launch itself.
(c) The support tower falling away.
(d) The roaring rush of fresh water.
15. Where do Tongju, Kim, and two other commandos plan to run after leaving the Koguryo?
(a) To Escondido.
(b) To Evansville.
(c) To Ensenada.
(d) To El Dorado.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the thrust from the rocket launch force the Badger?
2. What is the LASH system?
3. Where does Giordino land the blimp so that the Odyssey crew can be rescued?
4. What does Pitt do to free the Badger from the Odyssey's pontoon?
5. How many Sea Launch crewmen are crammed into a black, windowless box in Chapter 54?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)