|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Dirk at the end of Chapter 34?
(a) He rescues his sister.
(b) He is freed from his restraints.
(c) He is rescued by one of Kang's henchmen.
(d) He passes out.
2. Who is Takeo Yoshida?
(a) A Japanese submarine commander.
(b) A crane operator for the Yokohama Port Development Corporation.
(c) A Korean diplomat.
(d) A biological warfare expert.
3. What two elements does Kang's super-virus contain?
(a) Smallpox and H1N1.
(b) Smallpox and pneumonia.
(c) Smallpox and HIV-1.
(d) Chickenpox and mumps.
4. What is the Japanese Red Army?
(a) An American militia group.
(b) A terrorist group thought to be largely defunct.
(c) A special military arm of the Japanese armed forces.
(d) A terrorist group during WWII.
5. Where is the Japanese submarine discovered by a fishing boat?
(a) Off Vancouver Island.
(b) Off Alcatraz Island.
(c) Off the Isle of Man.
(d) Off Staten Island.
6. Who is the Ukrainian that runs Kang's research lab?
7. What is the intended purpose of the Odyssey?
(a) As an oil drilling platform.
(b) As a docking facility for Coast Guard ships.
(c) As a pad for rocket launch services.
(d) As a helicopter landing pad.
8. Who is Irv Fowler?
(a) A scientist saved from the Aleutian Island poisoning at the beginning of the book.
(b) An American scientist from WWII.
(c) An inventor who learned how to weaponize cyanide.
(d) A submarine commander from WWII.
9. Who is the research vessel looking for in Chapter 3?
(a) Laurel and Hardy.
(b) Jack and Al.
(c) Pitt and Dahlgren.
(d) Pitt and Jolie.
10. Who is the captain of the Sea Launch Commander?
11. What is Kang's plan for Korea?
(a) That the north and south be unified under the Worker's Party.
(b) That it declare war on the United States.
(c) That it co-opt the forces of the Japanese Red Army.
(d) That it conquer Japan.
12. Who is Kang's assistant?
13. What injury does Sarah sustain in the car chase and subsequent wreck?
(a) A broken rib.
(b) A broken leg.
(c) A broken arm.
(d) A skull fracture.
14. What is the payload on board the I-403's final voyage?
(a) Freeze-dried bubonic plague.
(b) Freeze-dried smallpox.
(c) Freeze-dried anthrax.
(d) Freeze-dried measles.
15. What is the new name of the Baekje?
(a) The Khan.
(b) The Kang.
(c) The Keewook.
(d) The Koguryo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Ed Coyle?
2. Where does Sarah awaken in Chapter 2?
3. What make of car do the Asian thugs drive when chasing Dirk?
4. What does Summer try to use to cut through the iron ring she and Dirk are handcuffed to?
5. What port does the Baekje dock at?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)