|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the sunken Japanese ship in Chapter 13 leaking?
2. Who is the research vessel looking for in Chapter 3?
(a) Jack and Al.
(b) Pitt and Jolie.
(c) Pitt and Dahlgren.
(d) Laurel and Hardy.
3. How does Gunn know the Sea Rover has disappeared?
(a) The Sea Rover issued an SOS.
(b) Dirk is able to get a radio message to NUMA.
(c) The Sea Rover no longer shows up on satellite imagery.
(d) He is no longer receiving a GPS signal.
4. What were the two airplanes on the Japanese submarine to be used for?
(a) To rescue military prisoners.
(b) To drop weapon canisters.
(c) To do strafing runs on the U.S. mainland.
(d) To do surveillance.
5. Where are the U.S. ambassador to Japan and British ambassador to Japan found at the opening of Chapter 4?
(a) On board a ship.
(b) In a restaurant.
(c) In a sauna.
(d) On a golf course.
6. Where is the Japanese submarine discovered by a fishing boat?
(a) Off Vancouver Island.
(b) Off Alcatraz Island.
(c) Off Staten Island.
(d) Off the Isle of Man.
7. Who is Tonguj?
(a) Kang's personal assassin.
(b) Kang's personal bodyguard.
(c) Kang's personal chauffeur.
(d) Kang's personal valet.
8. Who is Ed Coyle?
(a) Co-pilot of a search and rescue team.
(b) An Air Force major.
(c) Summer Pitt's fiancee.
(d) Captain of the Andrea Dorea.
9. What is the intended purpose of the Odyssey?
(a) As a helicopter landing pad.
(b) As an oil drilling platform.
(c) As a docking facility for Coast Guard ships.
(d) As a pad for rocket launch services.
10. What is the Baekje?
(a) A Japanese smuggling cartel.
(b) A Japanese submarine.
(c) A Japanese cable-laying ship.
(d) A Korean submarine.
11. What does the British ambassador congratulate the U.S. ambassador for?
(a) His taste in clothes.
(b) His ability to speak Japanese.
(c) His golf game.
(d) An economic partnership with Tokyo.
12. Where does President Ward desire that the G8 summit meet?
(a) At a Beverly Hills hotel.
(b) At Disneyland.
(c) At Alcatraz.
(d) At Yellowstone Park.
13. Who is the engineer on board the Sea Rover?
14. What does the bald man in the hotel room do to Catana?
(a) Stabs him.
(b) Throws him from a window.
(c) Injects him with a needle.
(d) Shoots him.
15. What is discovered about the ailing scientists who are rescued by Dirk?
(a) They had amnesia.
(b) No toxins were in their bodies and they were given clean bills of health.
(c) They were shown to have high levels of a toxic substance in their bloodstream.
(d) They were given six months to live.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is variola major?
2. What are Dirk Pitt, Sr., and Al Giordino doing in the Philippines?
3. What is an "evil wind?"
4. What do Summer and Dirk make their escape from Kang's lair with?
5. What does Summer try to use to cut through the iron ring she and Dirk are handcuffed to?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)