|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Sea Rover search for in Chapter 22?
(a) The I-480.
(b) The I-400.
(c) The I-411.
(d) The I-911.
2. Where does the research vessel go after returning to port at the opening of Chapter 5?
(b) San Diego.
3. What does the British ambassador congratulate the U.S. ambassador for?
(a) His taste in clothes.
(b) His ability to speak Japanese.
(c) His golf game.
(d) An economic partnership with Tokyo.
4. What is the Baekje?
(a) A Japanese smuggling cartel.
(b) A Japanese cable-laying ship.
(c) A Korean submarine.
(d) A Japanese submarine.
5. What is the Japanese Red Army?
(a) An American militia group.
(b) A special military arm of the Japanese armed forces.
(c) A terrorist group thought to be largely defunct.
(d) A terrorist group during WWII.
6. What is the stated desire of the Japanese Red Army?
(a) To get America to stop their work in Japan.
(b) To occupy the U.S. mainland.
(c) To bring communist rule to America.
(d) To annex China.
7. What is the sunken Japanese ship in Chapter 13 leaking?
8. What country does the Baekje go to?
9. Who is the Ukrainian that runs Kang's research lab?
10. Who is Tonguj?
(a) Kang's personal valet.
(b) Kang's personal bodyguard.
(c) Kang's personal chauffeur.
(d) Kang's personal assassin.
11. Who is the commander of I-403?
12. What injury does Sarah sustain in the car chase and subsequent wreck?
(a) A skull fracture.
(b) A broken arm.
(c) A broken rib.
(d) A broken leg.
13. What possibly airborne toxin seems to be responsible for the illness of the scientists in Chapter 5?
(a) Bubonic plague.
14. Who picks up Dirk and Summer to take them back to America?
(a) The Korean Coast Guard.
(b) Dirk Pitt, Sr.
(c) Two U.S. Air Force personnel.
(d) Two Korean nationals.
15. Who is the U.S. Embassy's Deputy Chief of Mission?
(a) Lloyd Bridges.
(b) Robert Bridges.
(c) Jeff Bridges.
(d) Nash Bridges.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Dirk and Jack initially think the fishing trawler is doing in Chapter 2?
2. What does Dirk research when stopping at a small town called Warrenton?
3. What is the intended purpose of the Odyssey?
4. Who does Dirk call after Cussler returns him to Inchon?
5. What was smallpox known as by the ancient Aztecs?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)