|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What injury does Sarah sustain in the car chase and subsequent wreck?
(a) A broken rib.
(b) A skull fracture.
(c) A broken arm.
(d) A broken leg.
2. What happens to the U.S. Embassy's Deputy Chief of Mission?
(a) He is shot in a hotel washroom.
(b) He is revealed to be a double agent.
(c) He kills a washroom attendant.
(d) He is kidnapped by Japanese terrorists.
3. Who is Tonguj?
(a) Kang's personal bodyguard.
(b) Kang's personal valet.
(c) Kang's personal assassin.
(d) Kang's personal chauffeur.
4. Who is Dae-jong Kang?
(a) A Japnese sub commander.
(b) Dirk Pitt's college roommate.
(c) A wealthy businessman in South Korea with secret ties to the North Korean government.
(d) A South Korean mercenary soldier.
5. How is the Japanese submarine destroyed?
(a) It is bombed by a V-52.
(b) It runs aground on a reef.
(c) It is rammed by an American destroyer.
(d) It is sunk by a mine.
6. What do Summer and Dirk make their escape from Kang's lair with?
(a) A helicopter.
(b) A small boat.
(c) A Korean Coast Gurad cutter.
(d) An inflatable raft.
7. How does Gunn know the Sea Rover has disappeared?
(a) The Sea Rover issued an SOS.
(b) Dirk is able to get a radio message to NUMA.
(c) He is no longer receiving a GPS signal.
(d) The Sea Rover no longer shows up on satellite imagery.
8. Where is Kang's private island lair?
9. What is an "evil wind?"
(a) A moniker.
(b) A makaze.
(c) A malamuke.
(d) A mulette.
10. Who is Takeo Yoshida?
(a) A Korean diplomat.
(b) A crane operator for the Yokohama Port Development Corporation.
(c) A biological warfare expert.
(d) A Japanese submarine commander.
11. Who is the captain of the Chinese junk in Chapter 26?
(a) Dirk Pitt, Sr.
(b) Al Giordino.
(c) Clive Cussler.
(d) Stephen King.
12. Who is the commander of I-403?
13. What do Dirk and Summer find on board the I-411?
(b) A second small submarine.
(c) Skeletons of crewmen.
(d) Weapon canisters.
14. Who picks up Dirk and Summer to take them back to America?
(a) Dirk Pitt, Sr.
(b) Two U.S. Air Force personnel.
(c) The Korean Coast Guard.
(d) Two Korean nationals.
15. How was smallpox first introduced to the New World?
(a) By the crews of Captain Cook.
(b) By the crews of Ponce de Leon.
(c) By the crews of Lief Erikson.
(d) By the crews of Christopher Columbus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What make of car does Dirk drive in Chapter 17?
2. How does one of the three men meeting with Kang in his mansion die?
3. Where does President Ward desire that the G8 summit meet?
4. Who is Chris Gavin?
5. What is the Starfish?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)