|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What possibly airborne toxin seems to be responsible for the illness of the scientists in Chapter 5?
(b) Bubonic plague.
2. What port does the Baekje dock at?
(b) San Francisco.
(c) Pearl Harbor.
3. What is the stated desire of the Japanese Red Army?
(a) To get America to stop their work in Japan.
(b) To annex China.
(c) To bring communist rule to America.
(d) To occupy the U.S. mainland.
4. How was smallpox first introduced to the New World?
(a) By the crews of Christopher Columbus.
(b) By the crews of Captain Cook.
(c) By the crews of Ponce de Leon.
(d) By the crews of Lief Erikson.
5. What is the Mariana Explorer?
(a) A remote-controlled submersible.
(b) A NUMA research vessel.
(c) An airborne surveillance device.
(d) A nuclear submarine.
6. Who is the captain of the Sea Rover?
7. What is the new name of the Baekje?
(a) The Khan.
(b) The Keewook.
(c) The Kang.
(d) The Koguryo.
8. What are Dirk Pitt, Sr., and Al Giordino doing in the Philippines?
(a) Trying to make contact with Pitt Jr. and Summer.
(b) Trying to salvage a sunken ship.
(c) Trying to contain an underwater environmental hazard.
(d) Trying to infiltrate the Japanese Red Army.
9. What virus does Kang's research lab chief try to combine with smallpox?
(a) H1 - N1.
10. Where are the U.S. ambassador to Japan and British ambassador to Japan found at the opening of Chapter 4?
(a) On a golf course.
(b) On board a ship.
(c) In a sauna.
(d) In a restaurant.
11. What is discovered about the ailing scientists who are rescued by Dirk?
(a) They were shown to have high levels of a toxic substance in their bloodstream.
(b) They were given six months to live.
(c) They had amnesia.
(d) No toxins were in their bodies and they were given clean bills of health.
12. What injury does Sarah sustain in the car chase and subsequent wreck?
(a) A skull fracture.
(b) A broken arm.
(c) A broken rib.
(d) A broken leg.
13. What was smallpox known as by the ancient Aztecs?
(a) The Great Leprosy.
(b) The Great Disease.
(c) The Great Plague.
(d) The Black Death.
14. Who is Keith Catana?
(a) A staff sergeant in the U.S. Army.
(b) A gunnery sergeant in the U.S. Marine Corps.
(c) A warrant officer in the U.S. Navy.
(d) A master sergeant in the U.S. Air Force.
15. Who is Tonguj?
(a) Kang's personal chauffeur.
(b) Kang's personal bodyguard.
(c) Kang's personal valet.
(d) Kang's personal assassin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kang's plan for Korea?
2. Where is Kang's private island lair?
3. What does Dirk research when stopping at a small town called Warrenton?
4. How does Summer save Dirk from drowning?
5. How is the Japanese submarine destroyed?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)