|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Walker's new best friend in high school in Part 10?
2. Walker describes that when she travels with her mother, they travel as what?
3. Where did Walker's mother take her and Michael after Rebecca underwent a surgical procedure in Part 10?
4. How old was Rebecca Walker when she switched schools in Part 10?
5. What is the name of the crew-person Walker begins dating while working on a film in Part 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Walker describe the cliquishness at the summer camp in Part 8?
2. How had Walker changed when she returned to live with her mother in Part 10? Why?
3. What does Walker describe as a result of constantly moving around in her adult life?
4. What older friends did Walker encounter in Part 7? How old was she at this time?
5. Where did Walker attend summer camp in Part 8? Who did she avoid at the camp and why?
6. Who became Walker's friends at summer camp in Part 8?
7. Who does Walker write of envying in Part 10? Why?
8. What traveling adventures does Walker describe in Part 16?
9. How does Walker describe her memory in the end of Part 8?
10. How did Walker and Andrew continue seeing one another in Part 14? What was Walker's experience meeting Andrew's friends like?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the setting established in Part 1 of the narrative. How difficult was it in 1969 to grow up biracial in Jackson, Mississippi? What impact did this have on the author?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the area of the Bronx where Walker and her mother relocated in Part 4. How does Walker describe the neighborhood and apartment in comparison to her Brooklyn home with her father? How did she cope with the transition?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Walker's relationship with her extended paternal family. Where were the Leventhals from originally? How was Great Grandmother Jennie described in the text?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)